Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 2

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Warriors looked pretty bad Friday but Reitz can do that to a lot of teams. 

Exactly. Reitz does look really good but it's just not looking good for the Warriors. They do have some threats they can rely on. Their QB Brown and the big RB Sutton will cause problems for some teams but not sure it'll be enough for them to win any games. 

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not sure what the best or official weather app is, but I'm seeing a heat index high of 114 tomorrow. I'm guessing by 7:30 it'll be low 100s and not quite playable. I think all the games will be lucky to kickoff by 8:00 and it'll be more like 8:30. Jasper and Vincennes might be in for a late night.

Doesn’t IHSAA say a heat index above 105 is not playable?    Anything else the game can happen.  

1 minute ago, Football Fanatic said:

I thought it needed to be below 100 to play in full pads, but maybe it is 105. Also have to factor in the turf heat index being hotter.

No, I believe you are correct, than 100 degrees for pads & helmets. Not looking good for tomorrow IMO.

28 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Looks like 7:30 will be close but 8:00 for sure. Unless the turf temp comes into play additionally. I forget how all that works.

I bet KOs will be delayed to 8:30 or so.

Crazy to see a 10pm "feels like" temp of 90 degrees....

Week 2 Picks!

Jasper at Harrison

Although Jasper will be down 2 starters, Jasper is still pretty strong upfront. Coming off a loss against conference Rival Memorial, the Cats are hoping for a bounce back game and avenge last year’s lost to Harrison. However, Jasper should be able to lower mistakes this time. Harrison had a poor showing against Reitz and was manhandled the entire first half. Give me Jasper by 4 or more scores. 

Bosse at Central

While Bosse was down 42-8 against VL at half, they still managed to put up 30 points in the 2H. Even though the backups were in, they made the most out of it. Central sounded like they gave MD some fits towards the beginning of the 2H and at the ended up scoring 12 points in a game. I can see this as a coin toss, but I think Bosse wins this one by a score.

VL at Reitz

VL showed their offense out, in the 1H against Bosse scoring 42 at half and forcing a running clock. Sounded like VL star and reigning SIAC POTY QB Hunt had himself a nice night on the stat sheet. Throwing around 150 yards and 3 TDs and also giving himself a rushing TD. Defense held Bosse to 8 points until the 2 stringers came out. Also, I’m sure VL is anticipating for this matchup as they were seconds away from winning last years one. The Panthers dominated Harrison in the 1H and was polished all around. Reitz pushed Harrison all around only allowing 60 yards of total offense the entire game and silenced the Warriors in the passing game having -1 yard. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Alices, but beating Reitz in the Reitz Bowl is a tough task. Give me the Panthers by 2 scores. 

North at Memorial

This one will be a massive matchup, literally. As North’s OL averages out to 6’3 295 pounds led 2-star Hazelwood and Brasher. While being huge on the DL too with Harris and Brasher. Can’t forget a nice QB/RB duo with McKinney and RB Northington. Who had 170 rushing yards against Castle. North ended their game with Castle on a 7 minute scoring run milking the clock and scoring the game winning TD beating Castle 21-14 in Paradise. Conference Rivals, Memorial and Jasper were facing each other in Enlow, as the Tigers were aiming to beat Jasper in the regular season. In which the Tigers did beating the Cats 30-13. The offense did its job as there were some worries regarding that (running game needs some work) and the defense did a pretty good. QB Fisher threw for 186 yards and 2 TDs, having many players to choose from. While the defense forced 2-3 turnovers in the game. This game is likely a tossup, North is huge upfront. Should be a pretty close game! Tigers by a score. 

Mater Dei at Castle

Scoring 35 points is pretty impressive for a very new offense. As Mater Dei will be led by QB Tate Mallory for the season and takes the helm after MD star QB Mason Wunderlich. And the defense did its job when Central was giving some fits here and there. I personally did not follow this game closely, but it sounded like a good night for the defending state champions. While the game started on slow on Castle and getting down to 13-0  and being manhandled by North. Castle eventually took the lead over North in the beginning of the 3Q and led for most of the game up until North scoring the winning TD. While the loss stung for the Knights and was statistically beat, they almost had a 3rd straight victory over North. It also sounded like the Castle line adapted to North’s huge OL/DL and did a good job after the 1Q. I think Castle gets a bounce back victory and wins it by 2 scores. 

12 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 2 Picks!

Mater Dei at Castle

Scoring 35 points is pretty impressive for a very new offense. As Mater Dei will be led by QB Tate Mallory for the season and takes the helm after MD star QB Mason Wunderlich. And the defense did its job when Central was giving some fits here and there. I personally did not follow this game closely, but it sounded like a good night for the defending state champions. While the game started on slow on Castle and getting down to 13-0  and being manhandled by North. Castle eventually took the lead over North in the beginning of the 3Q and led for most of the game up until North scoring the winning TD. While the loss stung for the Knights and was statistically beat, they almost had a 3rd straight victory over North. It also sounded like the Castle line adapted to North’s huge OL/DL and did a good job after the 1Q. I think Castle gets a bounce back victory and wins it by 2 scores. 

Central didn't really give MD fits.  Central's offense had two great plays, both long scoring plays.  The rest of the night their offense really struggled.  If MD didn't turn it over 4x this would have been a game with a running clock.  Chalk the 3 picks up to a sophomore QB who had a couple of bad decisions.  The 4th was a fumble after a 15-20 yd run, so credit Central with hustling and getting the strip.  But this game was never in doubt.

With that said, I think Castle wins a close one tonight.  

26 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Central didn't really give MD fits.  Central's offense had two great plays, both long scoring plays.  The rest of the night their offense really struggled.  If MD didn't turn it over 4x this would have been a game with a running clock.  Chalk the 3 picks up to a sophomore QB who had a couple of bad decisions.  The 4th was a fumble after a 15-20 yd run, so credit Central with hustling and getting the strip.  But this game was never in doubt.

With that said, I think Castle wins a close one tonight.  

Thanks for the clarification Wild! The app I was using kept showing it was 21-12 MD for majority of the 2H and I couldn’t find any updates on Twitter

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

What's the word today? All games are on for tonight at this point I assume? It looks like there will be a big drop in temp/index by 8:00 when the sun is down (makes sense) so they should all be kicked off by then I would guess.

Seems like it’s a full go for tonight, I did see another PAC game get rescheduled until tomorrow night 

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Seems like it’s a full go for tonight, I did see another PAC game get rescheduled until tomorrow night 

So, we can all thank the insane heat for giving us Friday night lights instead of Friday night sunset...

• Haha 1