Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 2

7 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yep and that’s the worst part about all this. Getting the bye to the championship means you have two weeks off. Not ideal. Just ask Warsaw about that.

Yea, I think that can be a negative more than a positive for sure.

9 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Dwenger currently belong in 4a..executive committee...nice

4A is where they belong, but I dont see them making any noise in sectionals this year.  19 is packed and to be honest, Dwenger isn't "Dwenger" as of late.....not sure this move is going to strike fear in anyone in that sectional, at least not this year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

4A is where they belong, but I dont see them making any noise in sectionals this year.  19 is packed and to be honest, Dwenger isn't "Dwenger" as of late.....not sure this move is going to strike fear in anyone in that sectional, at least not this year

True..idk why cyo teams seem to play better during tourney time..even with that, I don't see them taking that sectional..

• Like 1

Eastbrook at Concordia - Eastbrook by 10

Dwenger at Moeller - Moeller by 25+

North Side at Lawrence North - LN by 17

Snider at East Noble - Snider by 13

Wayne at Northrop - Wayne by 30+

Homestead at Noblesville - Noblesville by 20

New Haven at Luers - New Haven by 20

St. Joseph at South Side - St Joe by 30

Warren Central at Carroll - Carroll by 13

4 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

Fear? No. But if any of these Sectional 19 teams look past them, they'll be emptying their lockers. See 2021. 

Eastbrook at Concordia - The Cadets were pounded on last week by a very good Scecina team. This week, they face another daunting team. The Panthers' last losing season was 2014, where they only managed 4 wins. Since then, they have only had 2 seasons with less than 10 wins and 3 trips to LOS. Week 1, however, didn't look great for them. The Panthers eked out a win over a struggling Huntington North team, a team that they have typically handled easily in the past. Eastbrook had a "down" year last season, which could be a result of several factors. They don't seem to be a team that is talked about much on here, so going purely off Sag ratings and predictors (and my desire to see SAC school perform better this week), I am going to have to take the Cadets to pull off an upset here. Concordia by 2

Dwenger at Moeller - The Saint looked even worse than expected last week, but so did the Crusaders. Both team were seeing purple in their nightmares last Friday night. This week, both teams try to bounce back. Coach Garrett's squad has been trying to recreate the magic of his first season and its 4OT "thriller" (How do you only score 26 points through 4 quarters AND 4 OTs?), but has yet to do so. As a matter of fact, he has slowly regressed each season. Do the Saint have something to worry about? Could the HC position become a hot seat on Washington Center? Time will tell. Archbishop Moeller by 28

North Side at Lawrence North - The Legends were in desperate need of their stars last week as they failed to score on offense. I have yet to see a definitive answer as to whether Brauntae and King are going to play this week against the Wildcats. If they do, I could see the Legends pulling this one off. If they don't, expect to see another disappointing performance. Lawrence North by 14

Snider at East Noble - The Panthers had a win that was more dominant that the score indicated last week. The Knights had a win that was exactly as dominant as the score indicated. This game features two teams that have never faced one another. Coach Amstutz has made it known that he has wanted to put Coach Tippmann on the schedule for a long time. I think playing opponents like the Panthers on a regular basis will really raise the Knights' level of play in the future. For the first matchup, though, they will have to be technically sound to not let it get ugly. Snider by 17

Wayne at Northrop - A non-conference game against a conference opponent... this one is weird. The Generals looked great in their victory over Crispus Attucks. The Bruins, however, looked abysmal. Coach Bowen's squad will have to step up to even stand a chance in this one. The Generals start 2-0 for the first time since 2014. Wayne by 21

Homestead at Noblesville - Everyone seems to be on the Miller train with this one. Did no one see what I saw? Sparty went blow-for-blow with a 6A blue-chip program, and only just missed sending the game to OT. Meanwhile, the Millers - who haven't had a winning season since 2001 (also the last time they played Carmel to within 1 TD) - beat up on an average 4A program who is cooling off from a couple very special seasons a couple years ago. I've got the Spartans for an "upset" special all day here. Homestead by 14

New Haven at Luers - In the words of hardcore band Knocked Loose... arf arf. Bulldogs by 35

CLK's Game of the Week: St. Joseph at South Side - This one was really hard for me to pick. Both teams looked very good in their first outings. The Archers let a big first half lead slip, and the Indians came up just short in a fourth quarter comeback. Both teams have felt with years of mediocrity. The Indians have had some post-season successes, but I firmly believe that the Archers are the type of team that can beat almost anyone they believe they can beat. I believe some new turf on their home field will be exactly what they need to believe. This would be a good game for both schools to continue scheduling in the future. South Side by 3

Warren Central at Carroll - The Chargers went into week 1 knowing HSE was pissed about last fall. Knowing this, they're probably pretty upset they weren't able to repeat the results from semi-state. The Warriors went into week 1 knowing they were going to put a pounding on Snider. Knowing this, they're probably REALLY PISSED they were embarrassed in front of the whole state. So, we have a pretty upset team, and a REALLY PISSED team. The Chargers still have the focus to get the job done. The Warriors, though, could come out and punch them just hard enough in the mouth to throw them off balance. Carroll by 6

All in all, I think this week favors the SAC much better. I think if they can come out with at least five wins, they should be alright. But if the board gets swept just as bad as last week, it may be time to reassess just how strong the conference really is. Hopefully these out of conference games will beef up the FWA schools and bring home some more hardware in the coming years. Time will tell.