Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2023 Conference Indiana (what's left of it)

3 hours ago, ptr said:

Like with many other games this Friday, the Martinsville @ Bloomington South game has been pushed back to an 8 p.m. start.

In addition to the South game, the following Bloomington area teams have also moved their start times back to 8 p.m.

BNL @ Bloomington North

Edgewood @ Washington

Eastern Greene @ North Knox

As of Thursday afternoon, the Owen Valley @ South Putnam game still had a 7 p.m. start.

5 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

how do you get to it without clicking  the link? 

Select "Clubs" from the sub-menu, then you can find it there.

image.png.cb4f3d931af50904f5beb521b0118956.png

... might have to use the link to get to it the first time and join.

image.thumb.png.3f687f25fe0af7e17eab45a704ed4ce9.png

On 8/22/2023 at 7:54 PM, foxbat said:

Wonder if it'd be something like Harrison and McCutcheon joining up with THN/THS and perhaps toss in a couple of others like West Lafayette and Lebanon.  Harrison had THS on the schedule for a couple of years along with Westfield before trading for West Lafayette and Plainfield. 

Wouldn't be ideal for the bigger schools, but it's not like the NCC was doing all that much for Harrison anyway ... outside of Jeff.  Could probably still schedule Jeff as an out-of-conference team.  Maybe look at playing one or more of the Catholic schools too as out-of-conference.  Chatard has played Harrison on its undercards for a few years.  They could replace Tech on their schedule with Harrison.  Maybe add in Brebeuf who could replace Tri-West or Marian with Harrison.  Brebeuf already plays THN and THS and has also played Harrison on undercards.  Of course, you'd have to convince WL to bolt the HC, but stranger things have happened ... and West Lafayette already plays McCutcheon and Harrison on their out-of-conference schedule.

Again, not a great solution for Harrison/McCutcheon, but right now they are without a conference and if THN/THS are also out looking, the Island of Misfit Toys might end up being better than possibly getting split or staying independent for several years.

Swell moniker!   I do like the idea of the Boone, Tippecanoe, and Vigo conference menagerie.  Could West Vigo be  involved?

3 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

@ptr Listening to Joe Smith with wgcl. He said the center went out last week Matt Eller 6' 240 tore his acl. Out for season  . I had mentioned earlier that it never fails that we lose some of the starting core with season ending injuries every year..... 

I was hoping it was nothing serious, but unfortunately his high school career is over. I was watching who they had in at center tonight and it is No. 56 but there is no No. 56 on the roster they have online, so I don't know who it is. I assume he replaced Eller last week and played almost the entire game and he was in there for the game tonight and played well in both games, so there was some depth there. Let's hope he stays healthy. South had a starting d-back go down late in the game but it appeared to be nothing more that cramps, and I didn't see any other apparent injuries.

Edited by ptr

Terre Haute North must be heading for one really abysmal season this year. They got thumped by Crispus Attucks tonight 38-10 after losing big to Northview last week, and North's went just 2-8 last season yet they beat Crispus Attucks 59-6 for one of their two wins. Their game with Southport which is at Southport could possibly be labeled the "Futility Bowl." Southport got battered again tonight by Perry Meridian, 40-10. Terre Haute North hosts Bloomington South next week. 

14 hours ago, ptr said:

I was hoping it was nothing serious, but unfortunately his high school career is over. I was watching who they had in at center tonight and it is No. 56 but there is no No. 56 on the roster they have online, so I don't know who it is. I assume he replaced Eller last week and played almost the entire game and he was in there for the game tonight and played well in both games, so there was some depth there. Let's hope he stays healthy. South had a starting d-back go down late in the game but it appeared to be nothing more that cramps, and I didn't see any other apparent injuries.

You know I lose interest and don't  follow south that close when the injuries dismantle their chances in the tourney. I have been around the program since 1980s. During our semistate and state title runs I always remember us staying relative healthy like it was a mindset a part of the dream.  Doesn't seem like that energy there anymore. Still a fan , and can't help but to think that during the last handful or years had we stayed healthy we may have pushed Into Lucas oil .... Ellers replacement might be fine never know the Panthers still have a shot at a long tourney run.  

14 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Wish there was some other conference representation here aside from two Bloomington South guys and a Columbus North guy. Nothing against you folks but we need more diversity here. I wish some folks from those other schools would get involved.

I have never seen a Southport poster on here, but maybe my memory is faulty on that. There used to be Terre Haute posters on here, but I haven't seen one in a while and maybe they are just lurkers now. It's been a while since I saw a Bloomington North poster, but I suspect those posters are probably lurking right now. 

There is almost always a direct correlation between success on the field and enthusiasm among fans for obvious reasons. Bloomington North has been competitive on the field in recent years and have had some pretty good teams, so I don't know why they are quiet, and it's kind of puzzling. However, if you look at the Terre Haute schools and Southport, their programs have taken a downward spiral for the most part over recent years. Terre Haute North has not had a winning season since 2013 and many of the games over that period have been blowout losses. Terre Haute South had their first winning season since 2014 last season when they went 6-4, but it takes a while to build up enthusiasm for a program. Southport has had back-to-back 0-10 seasons and they may be heading for a third 0-10 season depending on their game with Terre Haute North. Southport had some very successful seasons before the bottom fell out with their first 0-10 season, but back-to-back winless seasons can sure temper fan support. 

Clearly, there are fans that post on here that are dealing with their schools being on the downward slide for a while, but with CI, I think that is the culprit.

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

You know I lose interest and don't  follow south that close when the injuries dismantle their chances in the tourney. I have been around the program since 1980s. During our semistate and state title runs I always remember us staying relative healthy like it was a mindset a part of the dream.  Doesn't seem like that energy there anymore. Still a fan , and can't help but to think that during the last handful or years had we stayed healthy we may have pushed Into Lucas oil .... Ellers replacement might be fine never know the Panthers still have a shot at a long tourney run.  

Yeah, I know the feeling with key injuries, but I usually hang in there. However, it's hard when you know you don't have your best team out of the field. I remember two seasons ago when we faced a pretty good New Albany team at New Albany in the regional. I found out just before the game that our best running backs were out and also our starting QB with injuries incurred in the sectional title game. We put a JV backfield on the field which just couldn't move the ball and New Albany wore our defense down since they spent much of the game out on the field. New Albany easily won that game and it was really frustrating to watch. You already brought up the regional game at Castle where we ended up going down there with our top two RBs out of the game with injuries. Maybe it just seems that way, but South seems to have more injuries than the average team when it comes to post season play.

Edited by ptr
  • Like 2

@MuleDriver

Hey Driver, Indiana Sports Network - Terre Haute, carries a high school game of the week and when their calendar showed them carrying the Bloomington South @ Terre Haute South game this Friday, there was an obvious error since South will be at Terre Haute North and Bloomington North will be at Terre Haute South. I queried them by e-mail about which game they will be carrying and as luck would have it, they said they would be carrying the B-North at TH-South game. 

That was a disappointment, but I guess the B-North at TH-South game will be the more competitive game for them. The local Bloomington radio stations usually don't go on the road anymore for high school games during the regular season except for an occasional game at Martinsville and Bedford. It's not going to be easy tracking the South-THN game.

21 minutes ago, ptr said:

@MuleDriver

Hey Driver, Indiana Sports Network - Terre Haute, carries a high school game of the week and when their calendar showed them carrying the Bloomington South @ Terre Haute South game this Friday, there was an obvious error since South will be at Terre Haute North and Bloomington North will be at Terre Haute South. I queried them by e-mail about which game they will be carrying and as luck would have it, they said they would be carrying the B-North at TH-South game. 

That was a disappointment, but I guess the B-North at TH-South game will be the more competitive game for them. The local Bloomington radio stations usually don't go on the road anymore for high school games during the regular season except for an occasional game at Martinsville and Bedford. It's not going to be easy tracking the South-THN game.

I spoke too soon on the radio stations not going on the road except for nearby games. Both WGCL and WHCC will be traveling to Terre Haute and both stations will be covering the Cougars/Braves game, and that is not something they have done in recent years. I guess there is no interest in carrying the South game which will probably be a blowout. WVNI is also carrying a high school game of the week, but they still have last season's schedule up on their website and I don't know who they are carrying. 

2 hours ago, ptr said:

I spoke too soon on the radio stations not going on the road except for nearby games. Both WGCL and WHCC will be traveling to Terre Haute and both stations will be covering the Cougars/Braves game, and that is not something they have done in recent years. I guess there is no interest in carrying the South game which will probably be a blowout. WVNI is also carrying a high school game of the week, but they still have last season's schedule up on their website and I don't know who they are carrying. 

Scratching my head as to why there are so much media for the bhsn ths game

I like thus website https://www.broadcastsport.net/Index.aspx  to find media.  You click who is broadcasting where link. then I believe on page three is the media for the bhsn ths game and there is no media at all for bhss thn. hopefully the herald times paper will at least get something right and send a high school reporter

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Scratching my head as to why there are so much media for the bhsn ths game

I like thus website https://www.broadcastsport.net/Index.aspx  to find media.  You click who is broadcasting where link. then I believe on page three is the media for the bhsn ths game and there is no media at all for bhss thn. hopefully the herald times paper will at least get something right and send a high school reporter

WVNI carried the Col. East/South game to open the season, so maybe they will go on the road and cover the South game. I emailed them about putting a current schedule up on their website. Edgewood is on the road and will be at Cascades on Friday, so WVNI won't be staying in town to cover that game. If they also cover the North/THS game, it will get awful crowded in the press box with three Bloomington stations covering that game along with the Terre Haute media.

My friend is a hardcore THN guy who played on the team with Anthony Thompson and was highly involved all the years his kids grew up. But, after his youngest moved on to college soccer, THN was in the rearview and he never looked back, tailgates at ISU over a decade now........and Barrett left. So, do not know anything about their colossal downfall. 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:26 PM, MuleDriver said:

I meant to post this earlier but I got wrapped around the axle on other things, and you may have already seen it. South's JV team blasted the Arties 60-0 to move to 2-0. The freshmen beat the Arties 32-24 to move to 1-0-1. It certainly looks like we have help coming with so many seniors in the starting lineup this year.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:26 PM, MuleDriver said:

The last time I looked at it, they didn't have a No. 65 on roster. I checked it tonight and now I'm seeing a No. 65, and it's Mellor Breyton, a 5'11 265 lb soph. He might not be the the center that has been in there for Eller, but he is certainly the only one showing up on the roster with that number. I was looking at the freshman roster and they have a nice size roster of 48 players for that class.