Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 6A Tournament Predictions

4 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Again, using transitive scores, BD literally squeaked by Warren 31-28 and Snider smacked around Warren 42-20 at Warren with 14 of the 20 points being a special teams TD and a pick 6. It just seems like Temptation picks and chooses what he wants to substantiate his argument. We all have differing opinions

I called Warren as a pretender in August others were claiming they were a contender…9 games later?  3-6.

Yes, special teams are a part of the game but you can’t count on that for sustained success.

Temptation is hitting at nearly an 80 percent rate…eventually folks will start listening.

12 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Again, using transitive scores, BD literally squeaked by Warren 31-28 and Snider smacked around Warren 42-20 at Warren with 14 of the 20 points being a special teams TD and a pick 6. It just seems like Temptation picks and chooses what he wants to substantiate his argument. We all have differing opinions

uses concepts of transitive scores when it aligns with his narrative.  

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Did you watch/see any of the BD/Warren game or just look at the final score?

Be honest.

I know how the teams scored.  I also saw how special teams and turnovers played a big role last week in the CG vs Cathedral game, that lead the final to be a one score game.

We are in the playoffs now.  Turnover and special teams matter....its now one and done with high school kids playing the game.  I don't care how Warren scored against BD...they were there at the end and that is all that matters.

44 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

uses concepts of transitive scores when it aligns with his narrative.  

Ok, let’s have some fun….

Do the LN transitive property when it comes to BD/Warren…

Its pretty safe to say that Warren is not as good as that played that night against BD yet not as bad as they played weeks later against LN…

The reverse is true about BD.

Edited by temptation

9 hours ago, temptation said:

I called Warren as a pretender in August others were claiming they were a contender…9 games later?  3-6.

In all fairness, didn't you have Warren Central at 7-2 in the preseason?

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

5-4.

Said losses to Carmel, BD, CBC and a split against the Lawrence schools.

Did not see the Fort Wayne losses coming.

Edited by temptation

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

These were my preseason MIC O/Us…

Ben Davis:  6.5

Carmel:  5.5

Center Grove:  6.5

Lawrence Central:  4.5

Lawrence North:  4.5

North Central:  1.5

Pike:  2.5

Warren Central:  5.5

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

5-4.

Said losses to Carmel, BD, CBC and a split against the Lawrence schools.

Did not see the Fort Wayne losses coming.

So if you had them beating Snider and Carroll, you must have saw something in them. Not only that, but they were your pre-season #8. You only had two teams on their schedule ranked ahead of them.........hence 7-2. 

58 minutes ago, BTF said:

So if you had them beating Snider and Carroll, you must have saw something in them. Not only that, but they were your pre-season #8. You only had two teams on their schedule ranked ahead of them.........hence 7-2. 

I have never viewed teams outside of the donut counties as threat to Indy area schools at the 6A level so figured even a mediocre Warren team could escape 2-0 in those games.

I was wrong.

Not only that but I also had them ranked ahead of both Lawrence schools but knew those were both road games.  I may have had them in front of Carmel also but still did not expect them to win that game.  

When teams are ranked within a handful of spots of each other, homefield can tip the scales.  You are reading too much into it.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I have never viewed teams outside of the donut counties as threat to Indy area schools at the 6A level so figured even a mediocre Warren team could escape 2-0 in those games.

I was wrong.

Not only that but I also had them ranked ahead of both Lawrence schools but knew those were both road games.  I may have had them in front of Carmel also but still did not expect them to win that game.  

When teams are ranked within a handful of spots of each other, homefield can tip the scales.  You are reading too much into it.

I'd never take a mediocre Warren Central team over an above average Snider team. But I bought into the pre-season hype, which is why I predicted a WC victory. WC was touted as having massive offensive and defensive lines with D1 talent and were expected to reload at the skill positions as usual. Couple that with a coach with a good track record and you have a team with high pre-season expectations. Things don't always pan out. 

Fair enough regarding the road games. 

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'd never take a mediocre Warren Central team over an above average Snider team. But I bought into the pre-season hype, which is why I predicted a WC victory. WC was touted as having massive offensive and defensive lines with D1 talent and were expected to reload at the skill positions as usual. Couple that with a coach with a good track record and you have a team with high pre-season expectations. Things don't always pan out. 

Fair enough regarding the road games. 

Honest question.  Were Snider to play a MIC/HCC schedule what would their record be?

I know my answer…

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

MIC: Either 5-1 or 4-2

HCC: Somewhere between 7-1 & 4-4

I'm only betting against Snider on two games, I'm neutral on four others. 

It’ll give you 4-2 in the MIC and 4-4 in the HCC AT BEST.

The cumulative grind of that schedule makes it hard for me to go any higher.

Snider can take 3-4 weeks off in the SAC and be just fine.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

It’ll give you 4-2 in the MIC and 4-4 in the HCC AT BEST.

The cumulative grind of that schedule makes it hard for me to go any higher.

Snider can take 3-4 weeks off in the SAC and be just fine.

Lol, opinion noted. But no thanks. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, opinion noted. But no thanks. 

How are you gonna type with a serious face that they could potentially go 7-1 in the HCC 48 hours after saying they won’t make the 5A state title game because you expect them to “fall asleep” in the tournament, lol?

You fall asleep in the HCC, the 8th place team beats you.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

How are you gonna type with a serious face that they could potentially go 7-1 in the HCC 48 hours after saying they won’t make the 5A state title game because you expect them to “fall asleep” in the tournament, lol?

I just had to laugh at the "at best" part. You're implying that Westfield, Hamilton Southeastern, and possibly Lawrence North are all better than Snider as a fact. Sorry my man, that's not fact. It's probably best to revisit this conversation at the end of the season. 

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

Either you lost focus or you haven't been paying attention. 

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

I just had to laugh at the "at best" part. You're implying that Westfield, Hamilton Southeastern, and possibly Lawrence North are all better than Snider as a fact. Sorry my man, that's not fact. It's probably best to revisit this conversation at the end of the season. 

No but they are least on par and if you’ve got 2-3 of those in a span of 3-4 weeks, the cumulative affect of playing those teams in succession would wear on Snider.

You can’t view each individual matchup in a vacuum in my opinion.  

Just now, Rodney said:

you people bore me with your safe predictions

where is the saying snider goes undefeated and temp replying they couldn't win a game

We'll save those predictions for when the three of us are having a beer together. Maybe we could invite Footballking, Komets, and BashRiprock.