Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 6A Tournament Predictions

Just now, temptation said:

No but they are least on par and if you’ve got 2-3 of those in a span of 3-4 weeks, the cumulative affect of playing those teams in succession would wear on Snider.

You can’t view each individual matchup in a vacuum in my opinion.  

Why isn't it wear on Westfield and HSE? They finished with better records than you claim Snider would have. Again, three teams in the state I wouldn't bet on Snider against. Probably another ten I'm neutral with. I gave you my best and worst scenarios, I stand by them. We'll know more after Thanksgiving weekend. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Rodney is buying after the 41-14 4A state title game.

I'll let you buy, but if 4A North come within 3 touchdowns, you owe me dinner as well. 

I'm only on the hook for 2 beers to @temptation this season

and my left big toe to some homeless guy

but if you want in I'll give you 21 in the 4a game @BTF for a beer

but I aint forgot the one you already owe me from last year

I don't do food on state championship weekend, ruins the mood of a nice drinking weekend

Edited by Rodney
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Why isn't it wear on Westfield and HSE? They finished with better records than you claim Snider would have. Again, three teams in the state I wouldn't bet on Snider against. Probably another ten I'm neutral with. I gave you my best and worst scenarios, I stand by them. We'll know more after Thanksgiving weekend. 

Westfield and HSE have an average of 1000 more kids than Snider.  More depth.  I think we saw what happens (Westfield vs Brownsburg) in the HCC when you have a bad night.  

Zionsville is a close analogy.  They are a damn fine football team that is an afterthought in the HCC.

Close to Snider in enrollment and capable of sneaking up on anyone but simply cannot punch above their weight week after week.

Reversing the question..Avon/Zionsville win 5/6 games in the SAC.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'm only on the hook for 2 beers to @temptation this season

and my left big toe to some homeless guy

but if you want in I'll give you 21 in the 4a game @BTF for a beer

but I aint forgot the one you already owe me from last year

I don't do food on state championship weekend, ruins the mood of a nice drinking weekend

I'll take you up on the beer. I didn't say you had to eat. But the least you could do is buy me dinner if 4A North is somewhat competitive after all this demolition talk. I'll buy you three beers if it's 28+.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Westfield and HSE have 1000 more kids than Snider.  More depth.  I think we saw what happens (Westfield vs Brownsburg) in the HCC when you have a bad night.  

Zionsville is a close analogy.  They are a damn fine football team that is an afterthought in the HCC.

Close in enrollment and capable of sneaking up on anyone but simply cannot punch above their weight week after week.

That would be easy. Outside of Snider, Carroll, and occasionally Homestead, the SAC isn't very good this year. North Side self destructed, Dwenger is way down, and the rest of the teams are 1/4 the enrollment of Avon and Zionsville. 

Just now, BTF said:

That would be easy. Outside of Snider, Carroll, and occasionally Homestead, the SAC isn't very good this year. North Side self destructed, Dwenger is way down, and the rest of the teams are 1/4 the enrollment of Avon and Zionsville. 

We agree!!!

13 hours ago, temptation said:

Westfield and HSE have an average of 1000 more kids than Snider.  More depth.  I think we saw what happens (Westfield vs Brownsburg) in the HCC when you have a bad night.  

Close to Snider in enrollment and capable of sneaking up on anyone but simply cannot punch above their weight week after week.

Carmel , BD and Warren have well over 1000 more kids than Center Grove, Carmel and BD 2000 more . How does Center Grove do it with the lack of depth you speak of ?

10 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Carmel , BD and Warren have well over 1000 more kids than Center Grove, Carmel and BD 2000 more . How does Center Grove do it with the lack of depth you speak of ?

I’ve spoken on this in the past.  Once you get above that 2500 student threshold there is a point of diminishing returns.

2500 means you can go 2-3 deep and most positions and that’s good enough.  Little advantage to 4000+ vs 2500 as opposed to 3400 (HSE) vs 1900 (Snider).

I want to be clear in that I believe Snider could compete with nearly everyone in the HCC if the contests are being viewed as independent of one another, but asking them to play that schedule 8 weeks in a row world take its toll.

You’ve been openly critical of Penn’s schedule.  Let me pose the same question to you…what would their record be against an 8 team HCC schedule?

Edited by temptation

14 hours ago, temptation said:

I thought you told us it was all about the lunches....

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ve spoken on this in the past.  Once you get above that 2500 student threshold there is a point of diminishing returns.

2500 means you can go 2-3 deep and most positions and that’s good enough.  Little advantage to 4000+ vs 2500 as opposed to 3400 (HSE) vs 1900 (Snider).

I want to be clear in that I believe Snider could compete with nearly everyone in the HCC if the contests are being viewed as independent of one another, but asking them to play that schedule 8 weeks in a row world take its toll.

You’ve been openly critical of Penn’s schedule.  Let me pose the same question to you…what would their record be against an 8 team HCC schedule?

2500 is the magical #....not 2450..

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

24 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I thought you told us it was all about the lunches....

That too, but Carmel blows a hole in that argument.  I'll actually argue (not that I feel or anyone else should feel) that 5000+ is sort of detrimental to the success of a football program.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

.500 if that, in my honest opinion. 

Not going down that rabbit hole because it's irrelevant since Penn is not in the HCC . Besides my thoughts wouldn't matter anyway as you would be right as always . Kind of like arguing with your 16 year old child , they know it all and the parent is always wrong . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've always thought Penn would be a perfect fit in the HCC, across all sports....just way too far away.

I'd agree that football wise they'd be right in the middle.  Penn vs Noblesville would be a very interesting match-up, for a lot of reasons.

• Like 1

That too, but Carmel blows a hole in that argument.  I'll actually argue (not that I feel or anyone else should feel) that 5000+ is sort of detrimental to the success of a football program.

I always said that it's the program not enrollment . One of the most important(In any sport) are the schools feeder/youth programs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, temptation said:

How are you gonna type with a serious face that they could potentially go 7-1 in the HCC 48 hours after saying they won’t make the 5A state title game because you expect them to “fall asleep” in the tournament, lol?

You fall asleep in the HCC, the 8th place team beats you.

Almost happened to Brownsburg after blowing out most everyone their schedule for the first 7 games, including FW Dwenger on the road. They go to Noblesville (1-6 in the HCC) and almost lose. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Possibly by that over a span of a few seasons Penn might be able to adjust to the level of play and compete for higher positioning in the conference. 

Idk it all depends on some other variables. 

Noblesville still trying to “figure it out.”