Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

First Round Sectional Scores

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

They beat Leo, the team you have making a state title run. Why is that an 'off the wall' comment?

Lost by 5 possessions on the opening night of sectionals…enough said. 

Lemme guess…if tonight’s game were on turf it’d have been a totally different result.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Lost by 5 possessions on the opening night of sectionals…enough said. 

No one in their right mind could have predicted what happened to New Haven tonight after the impressive season they had. Maybe now East Noble will be taken serious? I mean damn, I've been touting them since Week 2. 

4 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Game being in turtle town didnt do the Knights any favors..coach righted the ship after emotions settled down

Dude, Busco was awful this year, damn awful

Eastside 27 - Busco 0

Garrett 28 - Busco 0

Fairfield 33 - Busco 0

West Noble 48 - Busco 0

Shutout 4 times, last 2 weeks before this game lost by a combined 81-0. Very bad look for Luers….

Edited by Komets2727

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

No one in their right mind could have predicted what happened to New Haven tonight after the impressive season they had. Maybe now East Noble will be taken serious? I mean damn, I've been touting them since Week 2. 

Should be a hell of a matchup against Leo.  North semi state in my opinion.

11 hours ago, BTF said:

I know you said he got injured but how does a 4A school with a 5 star WR get shut out?

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I know you said he got injured but how does a 4A school with a 5 star WR get shut out?

Disclosure: I was pulling for East Noble.

New Haven had the ball in the red zone twice in the first quarter, including a 1st and goal from the 1. Had they taken advantage of those opportunities, I think this could have been a more competitive game. The wind was taken out of their sails after that second opportunity and it just snowballed from there. Either way, the better team won this football game for the second time in three weeks. 

I can't speak for New Haven as to why they couldn't score with the plethora of athletes that they have on the offensive side of the ball. But I can tell you that East Noble is VERY well coached. 

What's perplexing is that they scored 21 three weeks ago without Graham all four quarters. This time they had him for 2.5 quarters and scored nothing. Make no mistake though, they moved the ball in the first half, just couldn't get pay dirt. It was only 14-0 at halftime. 

Edited by BTF

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Lemme guess…if tonight’s game were on turf it’d have been a totally different result.

It was on turf. New Haven is a good football team, they wouldn't have finished 8-1 with a victory over Leo if they weren't. It just wasn't their night.............and East Noble is better. Two wins over the course of three weeks confirms that. 

I know I wasn't the one who made the comment (or maybe I was, don't remember), but if someone asked me 24 hours ago if New Haven was capable of making a run to Lucas, my answer would have been yes. Personally, I've been a fan of East Noble since Week 2 when I saw them play Snider. I had the Knights slightly favored over New Haven. They'll be dead even next week against Leo in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

It was on turf. New Haven is a good football team, they wouldn't have finished 8-1 with a victory over Leo if they weren't. It just wasn't their night.............and East Noble is better. Two wins over the course of three weeks confirms that. 

I know I wasn't the one who made the comment (or maybe I was, don't remember), but if someone asked me 24 hours ago if New Haven was capable of making a run to Lucas, my answer would have been yes. Personally, I've been a fan of East Noble since Week 2 when I saw them play Snider. I had the Knights slightly favored over New Haven. They'll be dead even next week against Leo in my opinion. 

It was me who made the comment, not you. I also made the comment that NewHaven could flame out in the first round as well. East Noble is a good team, so is Leo. Styles win matchups, New Haven matched up well with Leo, definitely not East Noble.

Now, you were the one who flat out predicted East Noble would beat Snider, that was flat out wrong. Snider was up 45-14 halfway thru the 4th quarter at East Noble and the Knights got a couple garbage time touchdowns to make it closer. East Noble and Leo will be a helluva game next week, maybe the best game in this area.

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

It was me who made the comment, not you. I also made the comment that NewHaven could flame out in the first round as well. East Noble is a good team, so is Leo. Styles win matchups, New Haven matched up well with Leo, definitely not East Noble.

Now, you were the one who flat out predicted East Noble would beat Snider, that was flat out wrong. Snider was up 45-14 halfway thru the 4th quarter at East Noble and the Knights got a couple garbage time touchdowns to make it closer. East Noble and Leo will be a helluva game next week, maybe the best game in this area.

I don't remember, but I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't last three days at a sports book.