Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A State Championship Snider (12-1) vs. Decatur Central (11-2)

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

BD, Brownsburg, EC, Cathedral, CG would all be favored by multiple scores. 

I’d take HSE, Westfield, Chatard, and CP over them too.

Just off the top of my head.

Per Massey:

Ben Davis (-28) vs Snider

East Central (-26) vs Snider

Cathedral (-26) vs Snider

Center Grove (-29) vs Snider

Brownsburg (-29) vs Snider

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Sorry, yours takes the cake. No matter how good Snider looked, some dumbo is going to come on here and diminish what they did to keep the "5A is bad" narrative going. 

I was actually pretty impressed with Decatur Central. They just ran into, arguably, the best defense Snider's ever put on the field. The Panther's defense is good enough to keep them in any game against any team in the state. I'm not saying I'm prepared to rank them #1, but your comment about all those teams beating Snider by multiple scores really illuminates your low IQ of the game. 

Snider tricked the entire state of Indiana into thinking they were overrated after their one point win over Mishawaka. Snider nation knows what I'm talking about. 

Actually, I thought just the opposite after the Mishawaka game. Snider had a long bus ride into a very hostile environment, playing a very good team with a ball control offense. Snider found a way to win, and that’s what championship level teams do. 

Congrats to Snider and fans. I knew this team was special, that’s why I was one of the very few to pick them to win by multiple scores. Let’s be honest, Snider left multiple points off the board. This game could have been a lot worse for DC. Also the discipline this Snider team showed was impressive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Kind of funny, my statement on top 5 team was meant as a "top 5" Snider team. I would say, I wouldn't shy away from them playing and beating some teams mentioned as the top 5 or 10. I think they could hang with that crowd. 

Defensively, I would say this Snider team is a top 3 all time Snider defense. Offensively, the lack of a consistent passing game takes away a little bit. I would say a top 10 team all time Snider team and, most importantly, a state champion Snider team

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trojan12 said:

Per Massey:

Ben Davis (-28) vs Snider

East Central (-26) vs Snider

Cathedral (-26) vs Snider

Center Grove (-29) vs Snider

Brownsburg (-29) vs Snider

How many times did those teams take a knee before halftime driving toward their opponents endzone? Respect for ones opponent is far more important than computer rankings. But that's just me (and the Snider coaching staff). Those five programs are solid for sure. We fans can appreciate that. 

Sagarin has Snider, East Noble, and DC in a one point battle........at least they did as of last week. Snider beat all of those teams by multiple scores. Let's just enjoy the games this weekend, maybe talk about who can beat who starting tomorrow or Monday. In the meantime, let's not let a computer decide who could could humiliate who by four scores. 

40 minutes ago, BTF said:

How many times did those teams take a knee before halftime driving toward their opponents endzone? Respect for ones opponent is far more important than computer rankings. But that's just me (and the Snider coaching staff). Those five programs are solid for sure. We fans can appreciate that. 

Sagarin has Snider, East Noble, and DC in a one point battle........at least they did as of last week. Snider beat all of those teams by multiple scores. Let's just enjoy the games this weekend, maybe talk about who can beat who starting tomorrow or Monday. In the meantime, let's not let a computer decide who could could humiliate who by four scores. 

Simply provided another factor into what someone said about top 5 teams. 

Now talking about respect for opponents. East Central could have beaten some of their opponents by 60+ but pulled all starters at halftime.

15 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

Simply provided another factor into what someone said about top 5 teams. 

Now talking about respect for opponents. East Central could have beaten some of their opponents by 60+ but pulled all starters at halftime.

Good for them, great program. That says something for their coaching staff. 

47 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Oh, and I wouldn't take Scarab 527 seriously, he posts a lot of "dribble" on the Region Forum too.

Of course he/she does, not convinced that their state title they won at LOS wasn’t a band competition 

Edited by Komets2727
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can't let this thread end on the previous post. 

Congratulations to both teams. Snider proved that they are the real deal. Some didn't believe before, but they do now. Some still don't believe. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. The Panthers are state champions and wouldn't back down from anyone in the state. 

Decatur Central is good. I was really impressed with their defense. I saw some things that many tend to overlook. They were just too one dimensional to really have a shot at this one. This team appears to be young and should make some noise in the next couple of years. Hopefully the "5A is weak" ramble subsides next season. I'm looking forward to seeing who comes out on top between DC and EC. I'm sure there will be other contenders as well. 

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Can't let this thread end on the previous post. 

Congratulations to both teams. Snider proved that they are the real deal. Some didn't believe before, but they do now. Some still don't believe. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. The Panthers are state champions and wouldn't back down from anyone in the state. 

Decatur Central is good. I was really impressed with their defense. I saw some things that many tend to overlook. They were just too one dimensional to really have a shot at this one. This team appears to be young and should make some noise in the next couple of years. Hopefully the "5A is weak" ramble subsides next season. I'm looking forward to seeing who comes out on top between DC and EC. I'm sure there will be other contenders as well. 

I believe overall that 5A will be deeper in 2024. Hopefully, some new teams step up to the plate and create some better competition 

• Like 1