Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who is your Top 6?

BTF

Inspired by College Football Final this morning. I thought I'd throw mine out there before they do:

1.   Michigan

2.  Georgia

3.  Ohio State

4.  Alabama

5.  Washington

6.  Florida State

Next out: Texas

It would suck for an undefeated Power Five team not to get in, but strength of schedule has to matter. 

38 minutes ago, BTF said:

Inspired by College Football Final this morning. I thought I'd throw mine out there before they do:

1.   Michigan

2.  Georgia

3.  Ohio State

4.  Alabama

5.  Washington

6.  Florida State

It would suck for an undefeated Power Five team not to get in, but strength of schedule has to matter. 

Swap Oregon for Alabama and it’s a good list. 

34 minutes ago, BTF said:

You could very well be correct. SEC down at the top this year compared to years past?

Not necessarily, there’s just other very good teams at the top who don’t play in the SEC. I think Oregon is going to kill Washington in their rematch and be one of the 4 teams.

I think there are only two guarantees right now:

-Michigan is in regardless of a loss

-Winner of Washington/Oregon is in

Georgia is obviously in with a win and Florida State is also in if they go undefeated. I think this is the most likely scenario.

If FSU loses and both Texas and Alabama win, Texas gets in by virtue of beating Alabama earlier this year. 

If FSU and Texas both lose and Alabama wins, Alabama is the 4th team bumping Georgia.

If FSU, Texas, and Alabama all lose Ohio State gets in.

So you think the committee will choose a one loss Oregon team over a one loss Ohio State team? It's a close call. As of right now, Ohio State's loss looks better. But Oregon has an opportunity to avenge theirs. Hard to ignore how Ohio State did on the road against who most are calling the best team in the country. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

So you think the committee will choose a one loss Oregon team over a one loss Ohio State team? It's a close call. As of right now, Ohio State's loss looks better. But Oregon has an opportunity to avenge theirs. Hard to ignore how Ohio State did on the road against who most are calling the best team in the country. 

A one loss conference champion Oregon would absolutely get in over a one loss Ohio State who didn’t even win their division. Yes absolutely.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

OSU since Michigan is better than Alabama. 

Georgia has better wins than Ohio State.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

A one loss conference champion Oregon would absolutely get in over a one loss Ohio State who didn’t even win their division. Yes absolutely.

I get what your saying, but damn, it's a close call. I can't stand Ohio State, just trying to be objective here. 

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

Dan Lanning lost that game for Oregon.  I don’t think it’ll happen again.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

1.   Michigan

2.  Georgia

3.  Ohio State

4.  Alabama

5.  Washington

6.  Florida State

1. Georgia

2. Michigan

3. Washington

4. Ohio State

1 minute ago, Komets2727 said:

1. Georgia

2. Michigan

3. Washington

4. Ohio State

Unfortunately, I think I agree. If Ohio State can get in after losing by three touchdowns on their home field last year they can get in playing the moral victory card yesterday also.

I still think a one loss Oregon or undefeated FSU is more deserving.

Even Texas.

58 minutes ago, temptation said:

Unfortunately, I think I agree. If Ohio State can get in after losing by three touchdowns on their home field last year they can get in playing the moral victory card yesterday also.

Even Texas.

That is as of today, things will change next week after the games…

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Even Texas.

I think it will be hard for the committee to exclude an undefeated Power Five program...........even if deep down they think another team is better. 

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Not necessarily, there’s just other very good teams at the top who don’t play in the SEC. I think Oregon is going to kill Washington in their rematch and be one of the 4 teams.

I think there are only two guarantees right now:

-Michigan is in regardless of a loss

-Winner of Washington/Oregon is in

Georgia is obviously in with a win and Florida State is also in if they go undefeated. I think this is the most likely scenario.

If FSU loses and both Texas and Alabama win, Texas gets in by virtue of beating Alabama earlier this year. 

If FSU and Texas both lose and Alabama wins, Alabama is the 4th team bumping Georgia.

If FSU, Texas, and Alabama all lose Ohio State gets in.

I struggle with the scenario that Oregon gets a free pass for losing to Washington in the regular season. Now if they beat them 2nd time around, sounds like it’s automatic that they are in. 

The key is to lose early I guess…

34 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I struggle with the scenario that Oregon gets a free pass for losing to Washington in the regular season. Now if they beat them 2nd time around, sounds like it’s automatic that they are in. 

Unfortunately true.  The winner of the PAC 12 game is in though. Oregon has been on a tear lately.  

Edited by temptation

41 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Oregon is a top 4 team in my opinion and they solidify that with a revenge win against Washington. Maybe the only team I can see beating Georgia.

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Oregon is a top 4 team in my opinion and they solidify that with a revenge win against Washington. Maybe the only team I can see beating Georgia.

I’ve gotta see a PAC 12 team play D before I am on board with that but I also see them as a threat.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ve gotta see a PAC 12 team play D before I am on board with that but I also see them as a threat.

Agree as well. But they have the athletes to match Georgia step for step. Not sure Michigan can say that and Ohio State lacks firepower from the most important position on the field.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Agree as well. But they have the athletes to match Georgia step for step. Not sure Michigan can say that and Ohio State lacks firepower from the most important position on the field.

Michigan CAN say that but I can see why you have pause.  Have to show up in the playoff this year.

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Agree with you on this. Here is how I see next week going down:

1. Michigan - will crush Iowa

2. Washington/Oregon winner 

3. Georgia - will lose to Alabama 

4. Ohio State

Florida State will lose next week n their title game, just not sold on their new QB. Texas, Alabama, and Ohio State are in the mix for #4 spot, gut feeling says Ohio State will get it