Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 30 Championship Vincennes Lincoln @ Gibson Southern

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Salters said on his final radio show of the season that QB2 is the "best" receiver on the team.  You are familiar with those radio guys right?

I am familiar. And he is arguably the best receiver any given game. Not sure what your getting at?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Make no mistake...VL will be on a mission.  It should be a great contest.

I don’t think this will be a blow out and no running clock… if GS does get a running clock… will be scary in 3ASouth

with that said I call this a 50-50 game….

defense and kickers will be key…GS kicker is solid prob one of the best FG kickers in the state!

Weeks 1 through 11 mean absolutely ZERO come Friday night. Week 12 is never easy. Looks like both teams played really good teams, very average teams, and really bad teams. Both have struggled to get out of their sectional the last several seasons. Should make for a great atmosphere and very competitive game. 

Edited by Screagle

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Are are talking about the same defense that gave up 441 (130 through the air and 311 on the ground) yards to Evansville north on 59 plays?  The one that gives up more passing yards than any other teams in the SIAC not named Harrison or Central (same story as last season)?  W or L any team that can throw the ball at all scored 3 TDs against VL.

I think the question is...who has a good offense in the SIAC this year?  Would you say North has a good offense?  Is this a fabulous parody year in the SIAC as all of those 6-3 teams are just really good....or are they all just...meh?

There is one really good team in the SIAC this year and the 6-3 teams go between meh and okay from week to week. 

• Like 1

Vincennes Lincoln (8-3) (6-3 SIAC) 

Offense: 30.5 PPG
Total Yards: 324.6 YPG/ 29.9% pass/ 70.1% rush
Passing: 97.0 YPG/ 59.2 CP%/ 13.33 YPC/ 15 TD/1 INT
Rushing: 227.6 YPG/ 7.15 YPC/ 24 TD

Defense: 13.0 PPG
Total Yards: 269.5 YPG/ 42.6% pass/ 57.4% rush
Passing: 114.7 YPG/ 54.4 CP%/ 10.26 YPC/ 14 INT/ 11 sacks
Rushing: 154.8 YPG/ 4.81 YPC/ 9 fumrec 

Gibson Southern (9-2) (5-0 PAC-Big)
Offense: 35.6 PPG
Total Yards: 388.4 YPG/ 47.9% pass/52.1% rush
Passing: 186.2 YPG/ 63.1 CP%/ 11.3 YPC/ 22 TD/ 7 INT
Rushing: 202.2 YPG/ 5.5 YPC/ 28 TD

Defense: 16.5 PPG
Total Yards: 211.6 YPG/ 63% pass / 27%/ rush
Passing: 133.3 YPG/ 50.8 CP%/ 11.6 YPC/ 9 INT/ 19 sacks
Rushing: 78.3 YPG/ 3.32 YPC/ 5 fumrec 

Preview

A matchup that was highly anticipated before the season began, as last year’s showdown resulted in a shootout at Gibson Southern in the first round. Where the Titans were victorious winning the game, 63-42 with a combined over 1000 total yards. But more will be on the line this time around, as a Sectional Championship will be on the line. Vincennes is looking to snap a 5-game losing streak against the Titans, while the Titans want to continue it and narrow the 12-8 VL series lead. Offensively, GS has been on a roll since Week 5 scoring up 30+ or more points in their 7-game winning streak. They overall possess a strong passing game under their QB, who happens to be one of the best rushers on the team. And has a plethora of receivers to throw too. GS’ starting RB has nearly put up an 1100-yard season with 11 TDs and provides a terrific spark on the field. One of the most balanced offensives in Southern Indiana as it almost split down the middle. Defensively Titans are very good in the trenches only allowing 78 rushing yards per game on 3.32 yards per carry. They have only suffered one game where they allowed 200+ rushing yards, which was against Boyle County (Ky) in Week 1. Since then has shut down most teams in the trenches. The Titans also have a pretty good passing defense too, only allowing around 133 yards per game. And has grabbed 9 interceptions so far on the season and allowed 11.63 yards per catch. Seems like most teams are willing to pass more, rather than run the ball. The Titans also love living in the backfield totaling up to 92 TFL on the season, with a ⅓ of those coming from one of their starting D-linemen (32 TFL). 

The Alices are still having their best season in the SIAC and are hoping to make it even better by winning a sectional championship. And avenge last year's loss to Gibson Southern in the first round. Offensively, everyone looks like their QB1, who is basically a Swiss army knife as he can be anywhere on the field with his talent and speed. And as a team, they have put up good points averaging 30.5 PPG, and have gotten a lot better with their QB1 fully back. Since they scored only 6 points in the last 3-week stretch of the regular season. The Alices also have a good RB1 who has a little over 900 yards on the season averaging around 6.3 yards per carry and as a team average of 7.1 yards per carry. Since their rushing game is primarily their strongest point on the offense. But, passing-wise, the Alices also have 3 players that have 200+ total yards on the season. Defensively, the Alices have gotten a lot better on their pass defense throughout the season. From being around 170 YPG in the early season, they have managed to drop it all the way down to around 114 YPG. While allowing 1 game over 100+ yards since Week 5. They also have picked up 14 interceptions so far this season and have dropped their YPC to down to 10.26 YPC. The rushing defense has seen its fair share of games as the season progresses as they allow 154 YPG, and has struggled a bit with the run-heavy offenses in the SIAC. However, there has been a lot of improvement too, since for a while, VL was hanging around the high 200/ low-mid 300 total YPG for a bit. And since Week 6 they have only allowed 44 points and 4 shutouts. 

• Like 5

Not that it is worth anything - I don't have anything else left to do but take interest in local games - but I don't see this one being particularly close. Unless the QB from VL puts on his superman cape, I think GS rolls in this one by at least 2 scores. 

21 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I am familiar. And he is arguably the best receiver any given game. Not sure what your getting at?

I think what he's really getting at is you'll lose this Friday so Coach Salters won't have any more radio shows...

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, tango said:

I think what he's really getting at is you'll lose this Friday so Coach Salters won't have any more radio shows...

Actually it looks like they only do their radio show for the regular season...or at least that is all they archive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

That’s as good a guess as any..I thought we were being scouted via radio haha

Actually it looks like they only do their radio show for the regular season...or at least that is all they archive.

I don’t usually catch the coach’s show since I’m on the clock at that time. Honestly couldn’t tell you for sure. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

More importantly, what did Coach Salters go with for his McDs Sandwich of the Week? He’s notorious for taking the McRib…

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jets said:

Not that it is worth anything - I don't have anything else left to do but take interest in local games - but I don't see this one being particularly close. Unless the QB from VL puts on his superman cape, I think GS rolls in this one by at least 2 scores. 

Based on your NP prognostications, I would say this bodes well for VL.

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:43 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Vincennes Lincoln (8-3) (6-3 SIAC) 

Offense: 30.5 PPG
Total Yards: 324.6 YPG/ 29.9% pass/ 70.1% rush
Passing: 97.0 YPG/ 59.2 CP%/ 13.33 YPC/ 15 TD/1 INT
Rushing: 227.6 YPG/ 7.15 YPC/ 24 TD

Defense: 13.0 PPG
Total Yards: 269.5 YPG/ 42.6% pass/ 57.4% rush
Passing: 114.7 YPG/ 54.4 CP%/ 10.26 YPC/ 14 INT/ 11 sacks
Rushing: 154.8 YPG/ 4.81 YPC/ 9 fumrec 

Gibson Southern (9-2) (5-0 PAC-Big)
Offense: 35.6 PPG
Total Yards: 388.4 YPG/ 47.9% pass/52.1% rush
Passing: 186.2 YPG/ 63.1 CP%/ 11.3 YPC/ 22 TD/ 7 INT
Rushing: 202.2 YPG/ 5.5 YPC/ 28 TD

Defense: 16.5 PPG
Total Yards: 211.6 YPG/ 63% pass / 27%/ rush
Passing: 133.3 YPG/ 50.8 CP%/ 11.6 YPC/ 9 INT/ 19 sacks
Rushing: 78.3 YPG/ 3.32 YPC/ 5 fumrec 

Preview

A matchup that was highly anticipated before the season began, as last year’s showdown resulted in a shootout at Gibson Southern in the first round. Where the Titans were victorious winning the game, 63-42 with a combined over 1000 total yards. But more will be on the line this time around, as a Sectional Championship will be on the line. Vincennes is looking to snap a 5-game losing streak against the Titans, while the Titans want to continue it and narrow the 12-8 VL series lead. Offensively, GS has been on a roll since Week 5 scoring up 30+ or more points in their 7-game winning streak. They overall possess a strong passing game under their QB, who happens to be one of the best rushers on the team. And has a plethora of receivers to throw too. GS’ starting RB has nearly put up an 1100-yard season with 11 TDs and provides a terrific spark on the field. One of the most balanced offensives in Southern Indiana as it almost split down the middle. Defensively Titans are very good in the trenches only allowing 78 rushing yards per game on 3.32 yards per carry. They have only suffered one game where they allowed 200+ rushing yards, which was against Boyle County (Ky) in Week 1. Since then has shut down most teams in the trenches. The Titans also have a pretty good passing defense too, only allowing around 133 yards per game. And has grabbed 9 interceptions so far on the season and allowed 11.63 yards per catch. Seems like most teams are willing to pass more, rather than run the ball. The Titans also love living in the backfield totaling up to 92 TFL on the season, with a ⅓ of those coming from one of their starting D-linemen (32 TFL). 

The Alices are still having their best season in the SIAC and are hoping to make it even better by winning a sectional championship. And avenge last year's loss to Gibson Southern in the first round. Offensively, everyone looks like their QB1, who is basically a Swiss army knife as he can be anywhere on the field with his talent and speed. And as a team, they have put up good points averaging 30.5 PPG, and have gotten a lot better with their QB1 fully back. Since they scored only 6 points in the last 3-week stretch of the regular season. The Alices also have a good RB1 who has a little over 900 yards on the season averaging around 6.3 yards per carry and as a team average of 7.1 yards per carry. Since their rushing game is primarily their strongest point on the offense. But, passing-wise, the Alices also have 3 players that have 200+ total yards on the season. Defensively, the Alices have gotten a lot better on their pass defense throughout the season. From being around 170 YPG in the early season, they have managed to drop it all the way down to around 114 YPG. While allowing 1 game over 100+ yards since Week 5. They also have picked up 14 interceptions so far this season and have dropped their YPC to down to 10.26 YPC. The rushing defense has seen its fair share of games as the season progresses as they allow 154 YPG, and has struggled a bit with the run-heavy offenses in the SIAC. However, there has been a lot of improvement too, since for a while, VL was hanging around the high 200/ low-mid 300 total YPG for a bit. And since Week 6 they have only allowed 44 points and 4 shutouts. 

Very nice write up. Anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere online?

39 minutes ago, Alices32 said:

Very nice write up. Anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere online?

If VL hosted it, pretty sure they would’ve live-streamed it. Since they do it for all their home games. I haven’t seen anywhere saying it will be live-streamed at all.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

At this time there is no planned video stream of the game.

Correction.  There will now be video streaming.  The Vincennes outfit that does their game I believe.  Should be available via IHSAA TV.

• Like 1

Correction.  There will now be video streaming.  The Vincennes outfit that does their game I believe.  Should be available via IHSAA TV.

If it’s the guys that do VL home games it would be the local radio station WZDM. 

1 hour ago, Alices32 said:

If it’s the guys that do VL home games it would be the local radio station WZDM. 

I doubt that it would be streamed for free on the WZDM site. Wouldn’t hurt to try I guess. But if Indiana SRN is being forced to charge for the Reitz/Memorial game via the Champions Network, then VL probably falls under that same umbrella. 

And as of now, I don’t see VL/GS listed as an upcoming game on the app. Have to check again tomorrow..