Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jennings County

1. They have an excellent staff. TJ Newton is a very good football coach. They have a core of young assts, that are all JC guys, and former players. 

2. They have good athletes (hope their continued weight room work keeps developing them) 

3. They have admin that want to be good at football. 

Congratulations to the Panthers! Athletic success starts at the top, great hire in Corey Stevens, he has a vision and is working diligently to move the athletic program forward. I’ve only met Coach Newton once, but my initial opinion is he’s a young man with a plan and he’s working hard. JC has long been the butt of jokes aside from being a sad story of rural decay in the US. Good for them, they finally are getting some of the pieces to fit together. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

1. They have an excellent staff. TJ Newton is a very good football coach. They have a core of young assts, that are all JC guys, and former players. 

2. They have good athletes (hope their continued weight room work keeps developing them) 

3. They have admin that want to be good at football. 

We are lucky to have some homegrown coaches. Having someone to lead like Coach Newton who comes from a culture of success at Lewis Cass and other assistants from places with cultures of success like Brownstown Central and Columbus East has been invaluable.

Edited by Panther25
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Panther25 said:

We are lucky to have some homegrown coaches. Having someone to lead like Coach Newton who comes from a culture of success at Lewis Cass and other assistants from places with cultures of success like Brownstown Central and Columbus East has been invaluable.

Who’s the assistant from Columbus East?

1 hour ago, Bulldog15 said:

Parker Elmore is an athletic QB.  Lane Kirchner is a really good WR/CB.  Lane played on our 7v7 a couple years ago and was a big play maker.  Not sure about their line but if they can get some time I'm sure those two can make things happen.

The line looks bigger/more athletic than I’m used to seeing from them. We’ll see how they do in the HHC.

My biggest concern with Jennings County is their health. They have a lot of kids playing two or more phases of the game. Can their bodies hold up for an entire season? I hope so but that almost feels like wishful thinking.

15 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The line looks bigger/more athletic than I’m used to seeing from them. We’ll see how they do in the HHC.

My biggest concern with Jennings County is their health. They have a lot of kids playing two or more phases of the game. Can their bodies hold up for an entire season? I hope so but that almost feels like wishful thinking.

Not bigger at all. Used to JC would be "too big", respectfully. 

But very much more athletic. 

Especially DL. They play 3 relatively quick kids upfront.  

8 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

@Grover Do you know what the JV score was tonight? Can’t imagine it was pretty. I saw your freshmen won 44-0.

1 hour ago, Grover said:

JV didn’t play JC. 

It was JC jv team vs CG freshman. It was 44 to 0 at half CG played the 2nd and 3rd string players in the 2nd half

Edited by Trojanmp52
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

It was JC jv team vs CG freshman. It was 44 to 0 at half CG played the 2nd and 3rd string players in the 2nd half

Ah ok. Thank you for the clarification. I didn’t realize it wasn’t JV vs JV

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Not bigger at all. Used to JC would be "too big", respectfully. 

But very much more athletic. 

Especially DL. They play 3 relatively quick kids upfront.  

Yeah, sorry. I meant bigger as in more muscular. The kids in the past were bigger in an unathletic looking way.

• Like 1