Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 6A Who can win it all?

I know Warren and BD are each loaded with D1 talent. Warren on defense and BD across the board. I don't pay an ounce of attention past Carmel in the north, as they have proven irrelevant for years now. Center Grove is young, but has some line talent and young skill position talent. The south is the same way I feel about the north, past CG it's all small schools and irrelevant schools. Now as for favorites: I'd have to give the nod to Warren or BD. I wish BD would drop Pike, Avon and NC and leave the MIC and get onto a national schedule. WIthout CG and Carmel the MIC is Warren or BD. Maybe a Lawrence Township school once in a blue moon. I'm not going to say who wins, but it will be a south 6A team unless Carmel pulls something out and gets much better in a hurry. Just my 2 cents.

5 hours ago, KmartGiant said:

I know Warren and BD are each loaded with D1 talent. Warren on defense and BD across the board. I don't pay an ounce of attention past Carmel in the north, as they have proven irrelevant for years now. Center Grove is young, but has some line talent and young skill position talent. The south is the same way I feel about the north, past CG it's all small schools and irrelevant schools. Now as for favorites: I'd have to give the nod to Warren or BD. I wish BD would drop Pike, Avon and NC and leave the MIC and get onto a national schedule. WIthout CG and Carmel the MIC is Warren or BD. Maybe a Lawrence Township school once in a blue moon. I'm not going to say who wins, but it will be a south 6A team unless Carmel pulls something out and gets much better in a hurry. Just my 2 cents.

Yikes.  Ask for change on that two cents.

CG will ALWAYS be a contender and I’m not writing Carmel off yet.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Yikes.  Ask for change on that two cents.

CG will ALWAYS be a contender and I’m not writing Carmel off yet.

My interpretation is that he's saying anyone not named Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, or Center Grove is irrelevant. Las Vegas oddsmakers would agree. However, using the word "irrelevant" is irresponsible. There are probably 10 other  relevant teams capable of beating those four if they don't put their absolute best forward. 

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Even after Saint Moore steps down from coaching?

As long as they have a competent administration and promote from within, yes.

I’d assume some “on the job training” has been taking place for some time now…

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, BTF said:

My interpretation is that he's saying anyone not named Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, or Center Grove is irrelevant. Las Vegas oddsmakers would agree. However, using the word "irrelevant" is irresponsible. There are probably 10 other  relevant teams capable of beating those four if they don't put their absolute best forward. 

We doing this again?

Posted (edited)

It's funny I've been on this forum since many of you were in diapers. Haven't posted in years. Just been a long time fan and observer. Outside of Warren, BD, CG and Carmel can any of you prove that the word irrelevant isn't true for the pretenders? Not one of you can. Those 4 schools own 6A and Penn being the only big school in the conversation and they have been irrelevant for way too long. Since the pathetic IHSAA won't seed the big schools. we will continue to get the results we have gotten. Indy champ and some northern chump as runner up. It's never going to change. I compare it to the Carmel girls swimming dominance. Not one team outside of the Indy metro area will ever win a 6A title. Prove me wrong. Original forum poster.

Edited by KmartGiant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KmartGiant said:

It's funny I've been on this forum since many of you were in diapers. Haven't posted in years. Just been a long time fan and observer. Outside of Warren, BD, CG and Carmel can any of you prove that the word irrelevant isn't true for the pretenders? Not one of you can. Those 4 schools own 6A and Penn being the only big school in the conversation and they have been irrelevant for way too long. Since the pathetic IHSAA won't seed the big schools. we will continue to get the results we have gotten. Indy champ and some northern chump as runner up. It's never going to change. I compare it to the Carmel girls swimming dominance. Not one team outside of the Indy metro area will ever win a 6A title. Prove me wrong. Original forum poster.

Well, if you can't win a state title with enrollments like 5200, 4567, & 3748, then you have a serious problem. 

Edited by BTF

13 hours ago, KmartGiant said:

I Just been a long time fan and observer. 

Are you sure about that? Outside of contradicting yourself, it sounds like you only care about 4 teams. Everyone else is irrelevant or a chump.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KmartGiant said:

can any of you prove that the word irrelevant isn't true for the pretenders?

What sort of “proof” are you looking for?

Edited by Bobref

21 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Are you sure about that? Outside of contradicting yourself, it sounds like you only care about 4 teams. Everyone else is irrelevant or a chump.

Even though he is being a bit hyperbolic, he’s really not “wrong.”  Until someone else breaks through, those 4 teams (deservedly so) are going to get all of the attention.  

Teams like Brownsburg, Westfield, Carroll, have been knocking at the door but until they hoist the trophy should they be spoken about even close to in the same breath as Carmel, CG, BD and Warren?

I have been very outspoken in my thirst for parity in 6A for quite some time but it’s put up or shut up time for the HCC at this point.  I’ve been one of their if not THE biggest defender but am growing tired waiting on the “conference of the future” to show up when it matters.

Edited by temptation

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

Even though he is being a bit hyperbolic, he’s really not “wrong.”  Until someone else breaks through, those 4 teams (deservedly so) are going to get all of the attention.  

Teams like Brownsburg, Westfield, Carroll, have been knocking at the door but until they hoist the trophy should they be spoken about even close to in the same breath as Carmel, CG, BD and Warren?

I have been very outspoken in my thirst for parity in 6A for quite some time but it’s put up or shut up time for the HCC at this point.  I’ve been one of their if not THE biggest defender but am growing tired waiting on the “conference of the future” to show up when it matters.

Of course they'll get the attention as the best, but he's basically telling us water is wet and prove him wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Of course they'll get the attention as the best, but he's basically telling us water is wet and prove him wrong. 

Eh, in an era where guys like Stephen A. Smith get paid millions to yell at a screen and have far outreaching opinions, let him have his moment.

As for the actual topic, I’ll handicap 6A like this for the time being (with the right to change my mind as new information comes to light).

CG:  35 percent chance

BD:  25 percent chance 

Warren:  25 percent chance 

The Field:  15 percent chance 

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

Eh, in an era where guys like Stephen A. Smith get paid millions to yell at a screen and have far outreaching opinions, let him have his moment.

As for the actual topic, I’ll handicap 6A like this for the time being (with the right to change my mind as new information comes to light).

CG:  35 percent chance

BD:  25 percent chance 

Warren:  25 percent chance 

The Field:  15 percent chance 

So Cathedral has at most a 15% chance at a 6A title?  Really?

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

He's not wrong, but he's referring to programs as "chumps" who are half the enrollment of the Big 3. If you're going to call out the rest of the field, at least put an enrollment disclaimer by Carmel, Ben Davis, and Warren Central.........three largest schools, 34 titles combined........not coincidence.  He follows Ben Davis, pretty lucky to be privy to 4600 kids. I mean, what if Snider, Carroll, or Crown Point had 4600 kids? 

Much respect for the Ben Davis program and guys like BDGiant. Little respect for the 250 lb guy who body slams the 150 lb guy, then thumps his chest afterward claiming "I'm the best." I'll add a civil opinion on 6A in another post. 

But this forum is fun where all opinions matter. Lay it on Kmart. 

Edited by BTF
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So Cathedral has at most a 15% chance at a 6A title?  Really?

Actually, I was thinking of this very same thing the other day. My number was also 15%, including Cathedral. But the Irish are certainly among the top of the "best of the rest."

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

He's not wrong, but he's referring to programs as "chumps" who are half the enrollment of the Big 3. If you're going to call out the rest of the field, at least put an enrollment disclaimer by Carmel, Ben Davis, and Warren Central.........three largest schools, 34 titles combined........not coincidence.  He follows Ben Davis, pretty lucky to be privy to 4600 kids. I mean, what if Snider, Carroll, or Crown Point had 4600 kids? 

Much respect for the Ben Davis program and guys like BDGiant. Little respect for the 250 lb guy who body slams the 150 lb guy, then thumps his chest afterward claiming "I'm the best." I'll add a civil opinion on 6A in another post. 

But this is fun where all opinions matter. Lay it on Kmart. 

All enrollments are not created equal.  You put 4600 kids at Carroll and you have a national powerhouse annually.

CG has punched above its weight and broken down the enrollment barrier for two decades now, it’s Carroll, Westfield and Brownsburg’s turn (along with HSE and Fishers) to do the same.

The usual suspects will be in the hunt in 6A, and it will come down to whomever wins the South Semi-State...even though Carmel should be much improved this year. They were fairly young last year.

As far as Ben Davis goes, scheduling is hard. It really is. The Giants face the same issues as some of the other 6A powerhouses. No one wants to play them. A "national schedule" sounds great until you dig into the logistics. The MIC was formed because of scheduling, and it's not going to change now. Pike and Avon belly up to the bar every year when others decide to come and go off the schedule for no apparent good reason. Hopefully Cathedral sticks around on the schedule for the long term unlike the team they ultimately replaced who decided a 10 minute drive wasn't as good for them as going to Fort Wayne.

My two cents.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Actually, I was thinking of this very same thing the other day. My number was also 15%, including Cathedral. But the Irish are certainly among the top of the "best of the rest."

If Cathedral could not win 6A with the talent they’ve had in recent years, it’s hard for me to fathom them doing it in 2024.

There are certain limitations enrollment places on teams in this case and 1200ish compared to 3000-4000 is simply too steep to overcome as having D1 talent is great but a lack of depth at other positions dooms a team’s chances.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1