Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2019

Irishman

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I woder if Clemson folks think the same thing as well. They were good enough to compete on the championship level, but they have had superior talent on the field. Even though some of the same players are still there, the team is not as convincing this year. With a couple more SEC teams in the hunt, could it hurt Clemson? 

Wouldn’t be good, ask Ohio State.

21 hours ago, DT said:

This stretch of ho hum ACC games can't be overly exciting for the Irish faithful

Wonder of they are eating bored with this arrangement.  

I never liked it from the beginning. It wasn't a horrible deal though. At least Notre Dame get's exposure in that part of the country. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I never liked it from the beginning. It wasn't a horrible deal though. At least Notre Dame get's exposure in that part of the country. 

Catholicism in the Bible Belt, strategic move.  But as I think about it, ND’s academics are on par with Duke and UNC, probably better.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:58 PM, DT said:

This stretch of ho hum ACC games can't be overly exciting for the Irish faithful

Wonder of they are eating bored with this arrangement.  

Eating bored?  Please explain what this means.

22 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Catholicism in the Bible Belt, strategic move.  But as I think about it, ND’s academics are on par with Duke and UNC, probably better.

Very sloppy. I meant "getting bored"

On 11/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, Gipper said:

The south is no more a Bible Belt than Indiana, you can bet on it!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Heading South this weekend to see the Irish visit Duke. Was hoping for some warm weather, but temperature at kickoff Saturday night is supposed to be 39. 😩🤬

Have fun Bob. Have you been to that area of NC before?  Absolutely gorgeous. Love it in the triangle, as it is so affectionately referred too by the locals (brother and sister in law and niece and nephews live there). 

Get some Bo Jangels boberry biscuits. You will thank me later. 😆 

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Have fun Bob. Have you been to that area of NC before?  Absolutely gorgeous. Love it in the triangle, as it is so affectionately referred too by the locals (brother and sister in law and niece and nephews live there). 

Get some Bo Jangels boberry biscuits. You will thank me later. 😆 

Yes, my youngest brother lives in Raleigh. This weekend will complete the trifecta. I’ll have seen games ar North Carolina, NC State, and now, Duke.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No D1 teams should ever have to play on a field like yesterday at Stanford!  In this age of Field Turf, it's about time that all D1 school must install Field Turf.  Painted dirt ain't grass!

BTW, it took the Irish a long while to get into the mood for some serious football.  Not throwing the ball to Claypool is a mortal sin, imho!