Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2019

Irishman

Kelly seemed to be on his way out several years ago when he couldn't control his temper.  He really seems to have settled down and is much more under control.  

I would think the ND brass gave him an ultimatum, and he listened.  

46 minutes ago, DT said:

Kelly seemed to be on his way out several years ago when he couldn't control his temper.  He really seems to have settled down and is much more under control.  

I would think the ND brass gave him an ultimatum, and he listened.  

I think so too, but I will add that we were in row 51 in the Northeast corner of the endzone, and he could CLEARLY be heard during a time out ripping the refs. I was impressed he had that much volume to him. I have been known to have my voice carry pretty far, but I am not sure I could match his lol

as far as Urban goes...I agree he is a great coach, but for some reason, this OSU team is playing MUCH better than the teams of the last couple years. They are not letting underdogs hang around this year, they are putting them out of their misery early. I would add that it does seem that there is enough baggage that follows him now that ND admins will stay away. 

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I think so too, but I will add that we were in row 51 in the Northeast corner of the endzone, and he could CLEARLY be heard during a time out ripping the refs. I was impressed he had that much volume to him. I have been known to have my voice carry pretty far, but I am not sure I could match his lol

as far as Urban goes...I agree he is a great coach, but for some reason, this OSU team is playing MUCH better than the teams of the last couple years. They are not letting underdogs hang around this year, they are putting them out of their misery early. I would add that it does seem that there is enough baggage that follows him now that ND admins will stay away. 

I would agree  OSU is unstoppable under Day.  NFL will go after Day and OSU will have a tough time hanging on to him.  Wouldn't you love to see Day running the Bears instead of Matt Nagy?

At this point, I see Urban going one of 3 ways :

1. Stay in the booth

2. USC

3. NFL

Edited by DT

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Meyer is still a great coach, don't get me wrong. USC + Meyer would be dangerous. With the talent California has, all it will take is a top 20 coach to put that team back in the playoffs. 

I don't know if the move will pan out, but that's what a lot of my USC friends want.  Meyer is a great coach, I agree, but am curious about his health.

I would love to see Meyer at USC. Anything to beef up ND's schedule. Teams on ND's schedule seem to be cursed. I'm sure Wisconsin will be down next year and the year after. Ohio State and Clemson should be down in 2022. Alabama will slide by the time 2028 gets here. Seems to be the norm. 

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

I would love to see Meyer at USC. Anything to beef up ND's schedule. Teams on ND's schedule seem to be cursed. I'm sure Wisconsin will be down next year and the year after. Ohio State and Clemson should be down in 2022. Alabama will slide by the time 2028 gets here. Seems to be the norm. 

Ohio State "down" in 2022?  That's blasphemy!  LOL  As long as Day stays put, they won't be down for a long, long time.  He'll get the recruits and keep the train rolling down the tracks and blast past 2022.  If the Buckeyes make the playoffs this year, that alone will help the recruiting.  If they win it?  Look out!  I don't see Day jetting to the NFL any time soon.  It's only his first year as a college head coach.  The NFL is a business.  I believe there aren't any owners who are going to want a one year wonder running their "business".   Besides, it's in Day's best interest to build up a resume first.  Then he'll have more bargaining power if he chooses to jump to the NFL.

55 minutes ago, BTF said:

I NEVER in my life thought I would EVER root for the visiting team at Lambeau. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

With regard to Day, I've seen more than a handful of first year coaches who started fast out of the gate, then went downhill from there. 

With regard to Lambeau, that's going to be one expensive ticket!

Yes we've all seen that happen.  The one thing about Day is he's been with Meyer for a while so the players know Day and he knows the players.  I haven't seen if Wilson is the offensive coordinator or not but somebody is calling some good game plans for the Buckeyes.  I seriously doubt Day will fall into that "one hit wonder" category.  It isn't that he's that much better than other first year coaches, it just the situation he's in is so much better than others.  I believe he'll do just fine after this year and beyond.  

12 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Stick a fork in them, they are headed to a Dec 29 Weedeater Dandelion Bowl game against the 6th place Big 12 team. “They are who we thought they were”.

Not so fast, my friend.  What about a Pinstripe Bowl matchup with IU?  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Stick a fork in them, they are headed to a Dec 29 Weedeater Dandelion Bowl game against the 6th place Big 12 team. “They are who we thought they were”.

Jealous of Notre Dame success.................love it!

• Haha 1

It was ugly!  I really didn't see this Irish team as a potential playoff team but I never expected them to be blown out the way they were last night!

Maybe it's time for BK to move on.  He just doesn't seem to be able to get them to play at their best week in and week out.

Also, Book is a below average QB.  Last night he was abysmal.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 8:17 PM, BTF said:

Notre Dame.............either you love em or you hate em.

1. Only a hater would say something that absurd...................."lucky the score was even close."

2. Not delusional. Just stating what the haters don't want to hear. Notre Dame proved that they can run with anyone in the country. Even Kirk Herbstreit agrees.............and that's saying alot. 

This aged well...

On 10/13/2019 at 12:21 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Please send Jim Harbaugh packing.... wait, don't, need him to stay at Michigan......   😎

This aged well also...

On 10/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, Irishman said:

Bye week 🙂 I agree that their chances of being in the playoff are fading fast, BUT if Georgia can beat Florida and Alabama, it could help. Funny thing is that just like in years past, the chips are falling in favor of the Irish moving up. Had Georgia not lost to SC, who knows? 🙂 I look for Michigan to give  the Irish a tough game, but am counting on Shea Patterson being Shea Patterson. I am think Harbaugh is regretting the loss of. Brandon Peters at this point. 

Three for three!

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

Seriously, you spend a lot of time looking up what posters wrote weeks ago, lol. So sad. 

It’s a MESSAGE BOARD and it was a TWO page thread, lol.  Not much looking up involved.

What’s sad are your “hot takes.”

Don’t hate me for keeping receipts.

42 minutes ago, Temptation said:

No fan base in America is more delusional than Notre Dane football fans...better go out and get your IU basketball season ticket packages Irish “fans.”

The "fans" drive the university financially. Some of the largest donors didn't even attend the school they support. Take away the "fans", take away the sport. 

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

It’s a MESSAGE BOARD and it was a TWO page thread, lol.  Not much looking up involved.

What’s sad are your “hot takes.”

Don’t hate me for keeping receipts.

Not sure you even know what a "hot take" is. 

At the end of the day, Notre Dame still has 13 national championships (21 depending on the source). The last one was 32 years ago. Yeah, we get that. But the Irish were part of the playoff conversation 4 of the last 5 years. They play in front of a national audience every week. And they've played in front of a sellout crowd 269 consecutive times. They haven't been able to thump their chests and claim #1 since 1993, but they are still relevant. It drives the haters nuts. I love it!

Go Irish!