Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good morning my friends. I'm fresh off of a great weekend spent with my family at Great Wolfs Lodge. I have been told there was a good football game played in Cayuga Friday night. 

North Vermillion at Fountain Central

South Vermillion at Seeger

Tri-County at Covington

Riverton Parke at Parke Heritage

Attica at North Central Farmersburg

Brian Moore doesn't teabag people, he potato sacks them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mama Says, 

 

NV rolls over FC.  

 - NV is too well coached to let the conference championship slip from their talons.  On another note, in a proud football school like Fountain Central, what are the chances of Hall having his job next year?  Has FC ever has on 0-10 season? As far back as I could see on John Harrell it looked like they'd at least pulled out 2 wins a year.  Falcons by 5 scores, running clock to start the second half

South Vermillion over Seeger

 - SV has played some good ball games this year and their roster is still talented enough to win without Joey Shew. I had heard some rumors that Garzollini might be injured? Anyone have anything solid on that? That would drastically decide the outcome of this game.  I'll take the mildcats over Mel Gibson by a score

Covington over Tri

 - Men of Troy have to be firing on all cylinders after a win over the Ramblers. I'd expect them to take an early lead with a running clock in the 2nd half. 

Wolfs shred the Pantherz

 - How effective is the Wolf Offense without Anthony Wood? Obviously there are still some very talented play makers on the field, but when you line up 3 stud receivers and 1 mediocre, compared to 4 stud receivers, it certainly makes for an easier job on any defense

 - Regardless of the Wolf's depth at WR, they will get back on track this week with a dominant win over RP. PH by 6 scores. Senior Night for PH?

Attica dominates the Thunderbirds

 - What the heck is a Rambler? Whatever it is... it will be incredibly dominate in Farmersburg on Friday.  After a narrow loss to the Men of Troy, they will come out hot and outplay the Thunderchickens in every facet of the game.  Attica by whatever they want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Good morning my friends. I'm fresh off of a great weekend spent with my family at Great Wolfs Lodge. I have been told there was a good football game played in Cayuga Friday night. 

North Vermillion at Fountain Central

South Vermillion at Seeger

Tri-County at Covington

Riverton Parke at Parke Heritage

Attica at North Central Farmersburg

Brian Moore doesn't teabag people, he potato sacks them. 

 

North Vermillion over Fountain Central, 42-12

- With the WRC championship all but secured, I don't see the Falcons really pouring it on the Mustangs. Reserves in after halftime.

Seeger over South Vermillion, 27-21 OT

-  I don't know what happened in West Lebanon last Friday, but I hope its the start of a good trend. This will be a tough one for both teams. Instant Classic brewing in West Lebanon?

Covington over Tri-County, 35-0

- Covington is doing what they always do, which is come on strong in the second half of the season. will they be able to keep it up and pull of some upsets come tournament time?

Park Heritage over Riverton Parke, 55-0

- Covered Bridge Battle. Traditionally, every time a Moore team loses in the regular season, they rebound big in the follow up game. I don't see this game being any different.

Attica over North Central, 47-7

- Attica gets back on track in a big way in this game

Edited by RedwoodCowTippers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mama says South Vermillion and Parke Heritage both shelled out 70K for head football coaches that could beat Brian Crabtree.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 8 Wabash River Conference power poll:

1. North Vermillion

The Falcons somehow were able to withstand the juggernaut Wolfs. I was told that the atmosphere at Gibson field Friday night was incredible. If they meet again in the post-season, expect the Wolfs to win the rematch.  

2. Parke Heritage Wolfs

Even though they lost Friday, the Wolfs still maintained juggernaut status with their high powered offense. I know Coach Moore will have them ready for this week's brawl with county rival Riverton Parke. Few people know this, but the real reason behind consolidation of Turkey Run and Rockville was that the Rox were no longer able to beat Riverton Parke in football, dropping their final two games to the Panthers. To fix that, Rockville annexed Turkey Run and the rest is history. 

3. Tie - Seeger and South Vermillion

Which force is more powerful, Greg Barrett's dancing or Herb King's singing? Both football programs are trending up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Herb can do with the Patriots in the coming seasons. Friday night should be the game of the week in the WRC between these two teams. But seriously, would you rather watch Greg Barrett dance or listen to Herb King sing?

5. Attica

Not to take anything away from the Men of Troy, but I didn't see them beating Attica as a good possibility. Were there special circumstances that led to that outcome?

6. Covington

Look for the Men of Troy to finish their regular season with a winning record at 5-4. This is a team capable of pulling off an upset in the sectional.

7. Riverton Parke

This is just the second time the Panthers have won 3 or more games since 2011. Riverton Parke is on the upswing.

8. Fountain Central

There is not really much to talk about here. The Mustangs will return to their successful ways sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MamaSaid said:

Mama says South Vermillion and Parke Heritage both shelled out 70K for head football coaches that could beat Brian Crabtree.............

140k down the drain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mechanic24 said:

So what players in WRC could be advancing to the next level of play? Any ideas? 

 

Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logan White has taken many visits. UIndy, EKU,Butler, franklin, wabash, depauw. Not sure if he wants to be a college QB or a punter. His dad was a 4 year starter as a punter for Butler. 

 

Austin Petrillo has attended many D3 schools this year so far, I can see him landing at Franklin, or whoever he gets the best financial package. If you all knew his life story and the struggles he has went through, you’d all be rooting him on! He’s a great young man. Hope he finds a great place to play! 

 

Those are only 2 wolves I think that are going to play at the next level, 2 great hard working kids. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

How many kids are on the Parke Heritage roster?  How does a (almost) 2a school not have enough kids to play a jv game??  

Wolves roster is dwindling down. Here’s a Facebook post north vermillion can share on their Facebook instead of questioning why we wouldn’t play them. Didn’t you beat us by 2? We were scared to play after the beating Friday and the JV game earlier in year probably! 

-2 JV players with broken legs vs Covington JV, both required surgery via Facebook parents page last week.

-2 more players vs Sheridan JV, one concussion and 1 ankle sprain, neither have returned.

-1 player down still with broken ribs.

thats 5 JV players out.

varsity injuries 

-Christian young-calf strain out for this week.

-Max sliz-taken off in a stretcher with. broken back hasn’t played in 6 weeks.

-Jentre Jeffers-broken ankle- hasn’t played all season.

-Caleb price-broken arm, surgery last week, done for year. 

-Anthony wood-collarbone, done for year, surgery yesterday. 

-will sauter-concussion, hasn’t played in weeks. 

-Quentin Hanks-High ankle sprain, won’t play this week. 

-Wittenmyer-down with concussion #2 on year. 

-Mike Tidwell-played first game Friday vs Falcons all season after shoulder injury.

thats 5 JV kids down and 7(potentially 8 ) varsity starters down this week vs the panthers. 

To start the season, we were mostly 1 way players except a few exceptions. 

We played Sheridan last week with 15 kids. 2, possibly 3 of them will be starting Friday vs the panthers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

How many kids are on the Parke Heritage roster?  How does a (almost) 2a school not have enough kids to play a jv game??  

Wolves roster is dwindling down. Here’s a Facebook post north vermillion can share on their Facebook instead of questioning why we wouldn’t play them. Didn’t you beat us by 2 in the jv game? We were scared to play after the beating Friday and the JV game earlier in year probably! 

-2 JV players with broken legs vs Covington JV, both required surgery via Facebook parents page last week.

-2 more players vs Sheridan JV, one concussion and 1 ankle sprain, neither have returned.

-1 player down still with broken ribs.

thats 5 JV players out.

varsity injuries 

-Christian young-calf strain out for this week.

-Max sliz-taken off in a stretcher with. broken back hasn’t played in 6 weeks.

-Jentre Jeffers-broken ankle- hasn’t played all season.

-Caleb price-broken arm, surgery last week, done for year. 

-Anthony wood-collarbone, done for year, surgery yesterday. 

-will sauter-concussion, hasn’t played in weeks. 

-Quentin Hanks-High ankle sprain, won’t play this week. 

-Wittenmyer-down with concussion #2 on year. 

-Mike Tidwell-played first game Friday vs Falcons all season after shoulder injury.

thats 5 JV kids down and 7(potentially 8 ) varsity starters down this week vs the panthers. 

To start the season, we were mostly 1 way players except a few exceptions. 

We played Sheridan last week with 15 kids. 2, possibly 3 of them will be starting Friday vs the panthers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

 

North Vermillion at Fountain Central

South Vermillion at Seeger

Tri-County at Covington

Riverton Parke at Parke Heritage

Attica at North Central Farmersburg 

NV 

SEEGER 24-21

CT

PH

ATTICA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Wolves roster is dwindling down. Here’s a Facebook post north vermillion can share on their Facebook instead of questioning why we wouldn’t play them. Didn’t you beat us by 2 in the jv game? We were scared to play after the beating Friday and the JV game earlier in year probably! 

-2 JV players with broken legs vs Covington JV, both required surgery via Facebook parents page last week.

-2 more players vs Sheridan JV, one concussion and 1 ankle sprain, neither have returned.

-1 player down still with broken ribs.

thats 5 JV players out.

varsity injuries 

-Christian young-calf strain out for this week.

-Max sliz-taken off in a stretcher with. broken back hasn’t played in 6 weeks.

-Jentre Jeffers-broken ankle- hasn’t played all season.

-Caleb price-broken arm, surgery last week, done for year. 

-Anthony wood-collarbone, done for year, surgery yesterday. 

-will sauter-concussion, hasn’t played in weeks. 

-Quentin Hanks-High ankle sprain, won’t play this week. 

-Wittenmyer-down with concussion #2 on year. 

-Mike Tidwell-played first game Friday vs Falcons all season after shoulder injury.

thats 5 JV kids down and 7(potentially 8 ) varsity starters down this week vs the panthers. 

To start the season, we were mostly 1 way players except a few exceptions. 

We played Sheridan last week with 15 kids. 2, possibly 3 of them will be starting Friday vs the panthers. 

And those are just the kids who didn’t play Friday, were in wheelchairs at last jv game, and had to leave the game Friday vs NV. God only knows who else is hurt. It’s gonna be an interesting 2 weeks for wolves with our new potential starters from what I’m told. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Wolves roster is dwindling down. Here’s a Facebook post north vermillion can share on their Facebook instead of questioning why we wouldn’t play them. Didn’t you beat us by 2 in the jv game? We were scared to play after the beating Friday and the JV game earlier in year probably! 

-2 JV players with broken legs vs Covington JV, both required surgery via Facebook parents page last week.

-2 more players vs Sheridan JV, one concussion and 1 ankle sprain, neither have returned.

-1 player down still with broken ribs.

thats 5 JV players out.

varsity injuries 

-Christian young-calf strain out for this week.

-Max sliz-taken off in a stretcher with. broken back hasn’t played in 6 weeks.

-Jentre Jeffers-broken ankle- hasn’t played all season.

-Caleb price-broken arm, surgery last week, done for year. 

-Anthony wood-collarbone, done for year, surgery yesterday. 

-will sauter-concussion, hasn’t played in weeks. 

-Quentin Hanks-High ankle sprain, won’t play this week. 

-Wittenmyer-down with concussion #2 on year. 

-Mike Tidwell-played first game Friday vs Falcons all season after shoulder injury.

thats 5 JV kids down and 7(potentially 8 ) varsity starters down this week vs the panthers. 

To start the season, we were mostly 1 way players except a few exceptions. 

We played Sheridan last week with 15 kids. 2, possibly 3 of them will be starting Friday vs the panthers. 

Looked like you had a bunch dressed out Friday night. Lots of kids standing on the sidelines. I’ve sent 12 kids to play a JV game before and finished the game with 10 so that they could get some PT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Looked like you had a bunch dressed out Friday night. Lots of kids standing on the sidelines. I’ve sent 12 kids to play a JV game before and finished the game with 10 so that they could get some PT. 

One post you talk how you respect Moore so much, the next you question why he didn’t play a jv game. Sounds like you got a better game with Jeff anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

One post you talk how you respect Moore so much, the next you question why he didn’t play a jv game. Sounds like you got a better game with Jeff anyway!

I do respect Coach Moore. Don’t know who made the call on the JV game or why, when you all had a bunch of kids dressed out and standing on the sidelines Friday night. You all come off as pretty butt hurt over simple questions about why you chose not to play a JV game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Woody_Hayes said:

I do respect Coach Moore. Don’t know who made the call on the JV game or why, when you all had a bunch of kids dressed out and standing on the sidelines Friday night. You all come off as pretty butt hurt over simple questions about why you chose not to play a JV game.

Who makes the calls on your JV games? And to be honest I’m just assuming it has to do with the ridiculous amount of injuries  , maybe there was a band meeting   

Not butthurt, just didn’t like to see the head coach of a great program like NV take a jab at my sons HS and coach before congratulating his own team. Especially on Facebook where it was shared into my newsfeed.  

No harm, no foul I suppose. Just didn’t see the point in it. Maybe call Moore and see why he didn’t play as maybe my injury report isn’t accurate

Moving on....... is brown, Ellmore, Ellis, or the freak 56 from Attica going to play at the next level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Who makes the calls on your JV games? And to be honest I’m just assuming it has to do with the ridiculous amount of injuries  , maybe there was a band meeting   

Not butthurt, just didn’t like to see the head coach of a great program like NV take a jab at my sons HS and coach before congratulating his own team. Especially on Facebook where it was shared into my newsfeed.  

No harm, no foul I suppose. Just didn’t see the point in it. Maybe call Moore and see why he didn’t play as maybe my injury report isn’t accurate

Moving on....... is brown, Ellmore, Ellis, or the freak 56 from Attica going to play at the next level?

The first thing my post said was “I’m proud of our JV football team and coaches”. Literally the first words of the post. There was no jab at your coach or high school after that. I posted that you all had cancelled in a way that was obviously surprised or confused. Add the over sensitive butt hurt and here we are. Then you brought it to the gridiron digest. Gotta love our disfunctional WRC family!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You’re right woody, I’m sensitive over you being crowned the WRC champion once again. I didn’t bring up a JV game, Coach Boone did, I’m replying to you guys on the smallest knowledge I hear via my boy and his buddies. Maybe I took your post out of context! 

 

Time for me to get back in my office and make some energy to light up the scoreboard Friday as I bet the wolves try to score 70 on the ol panthers. 

Edited by Oldbleacherfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

You’re right woody, I’m sensitive over you being crowned the WRC champion once again. I didn’t bring up a JV game, Coach Boone did, I’m replying to you guys on the smallest knowledge I hear via my boy and his buddies. Maybe I took your post out of context! 

 

Time for me to get back in my office and make some energy to light up the scoreboard Friday as I bet the wolves try to score 70 on the ol panthers. 

Ok so your most likely going to win this friday night against RP.... why would you score 70 on them? Are you all trying to beat Pioneers top scoring team record from last year? Why not after 35 you put in the ones that didnt get to play last friday? Dont know why a coach would want to score 70 on a team you know you can beat!  I'm sure Ctabtree has enough respect for other coaches and teams that he would and will not run the scores up just to boost his ego... so many games NV could have put up 60+ points but wants to get the JV in for playing time. Just dont know why a coach with such respect would think a large point speed on a less dominant team is justifiable. No points are proven when you tun score up on a lesser opponent.

Last years 1A state game is a great example Not saying NV was a lesser opponent...NV faught hard to get to that state game. A great Pioneer team scored 60 on a good NV team and I dont know what their coach was thinking... they had the starters in the whole game...what to get back at NV for the lose in 14 or just to set a state game record? But to run a score up like that was just not justifiable. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mechanic24 said:

Ok so your most likely going to win this friday night against RP.... why would you score 70 on them? Are you all trying to beat Pioneers top scoring team record from last year? Why not after 35 you put in the ones that didnt get to play last friday? Dont know why a coach would want to score 70 on a team you know you can beat!  I'm sure Ctabtree has enough respect for other coaches and teams that he would and will not run the scores up just to boost his ego... so many games NV could have put up 60+ points but wants to get the JV in for playing time. Just dont know why a coach with such respect would think a large point speed on a less dominant team is justifiable. No points are proven when you tun score up on a lesser opponent.

Last years 1A state game is a great example Not saying NV was a lesser opponent...NV faught hard to get to that state game. A great Pioneer team scored 60 on a good NV team and I dont know what their coach was thinking... they had the starters in the whole game...what to get back at NV for the lose in 14 or just to set a state game record? But to run a score up like that was just not justifiable. 

 

It was called sarcasm, I hope they bounce back and try to run the ball, Moore won’t score close to 70 though. Love or hate him you should know he wouldn’t do that. 

 With the amount of kids not playing we will be lucky to score 40 in my opinion. 

 

 

How is jack doing at ND?

Edited by Oldbleacherfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any coach takes out starters in a state game, especially seniors, he doesn't know what he's doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...