15 minutes ago, WJUBunimportant said:

An anonymous source tells me that Marian will be taking Mishawaka's place in the NIC's North division come 2020. Is this the case?

Known fact not a secret

• Haha 2

Was DT consulted?  It seems he is the Overlord...

• Haha 2

I'm hijacking this thread for a way out in left field question

Would be NIC be a better conference without the South Bend public school?  Must think of them as a unit, no individual schools

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Would be NIC be a better conference without the South Bend public school?  Must think of them as a unit, no individual schools

Interesting.  What do they offer toward competitive balance?

Edited by Gipper

12 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

They are going to have to close a high school.  If not then the school board is incompetent.  Would 3 high schools change anyone's mind?

When you ask the tough question . . . what is the real issue?

Why are students opting to transfer to other schools?

They are going north, south, east, and west.

Is the bottom line open enrollment?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I know Glenn and LaVille get some students, some are probably heading to Mishawaka, you have a number of private schools, and the charter school up there is getting more and more students.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:46 PM, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

The overall quality of basketball in the NIC would drop without Riley, Washington, and Adams.  Riley, Washington, with the addition of Marian have dominated the NIC.  You would be taking away 2 of the 3 best teams in the conference.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnny U said:

The overall quality of basketball in the NIC would drop without Riley, Washington, and Adams.  Riley, Washington, with the addition of Marian have dominated the NIC.  You would be taking away 2 of the 3 best teams in the conference.  

Agree... On this board we are all very centric, but every school brings something positive in a few sports. 

10 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Agree... On this board we are all very centric, but every school brings something positive in a few sports. 

Except Clay...

14 minutes ago, Knight82 said:

Except Clay...

Deathly Hallows time for the Colonials...

• Like 1

I have to agree with you on Clay.   Their  whole athletic program should be dissolved.  DT you should get on that immediately.

44 minutes ago, johnny U said:

I have to agree with you on Clay.   Their  whole athletic program should be dissolved.  DT you should get on that immediately.

Busy guy he is.  South Newton plays Lake Station nest Friday, I think his head will explode...

Another alternative for Clay might be to drop out of the NIC and go independent. That way they could schedule team closer to their ability level.  Michiana schools they could play might be Trinity, Community Baptist, and Career Academy.  

The South Bend Schools will act as a unit.  I don't see any of them leaving each other.

This was just a good topic for discussion, I don't see them leaving, but I do see the other schools leaving at some point.

They are going to have to close at least one high school if they are planning for the future.