Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Turf 2020 and Beyond

On 8/30/2023 at 9:02 PM, turf tripper said:

Franklin county wildcats with turf!!! That looks awesome!! No more long grass, and muddy fields!! If fc had that turf in early 90's, Alex Smith might of ran 4.2 40 on that field, instead of 4.4 in that long grass!! Lol

FC "turf" field is actually made up of coconut fibers. No rubber turf pellets. Sand on the bottom layer with the brown coconut fibers on top. Only other field in the state like it is Carmel. They were still spreading the coconut today (game in less than 24hrs).... Its a very interesting feel and more like grass and not as spongy. Suppose to be much cooler as well. Field house is the next thing to happen for FC hopefully!

10 hours ago, 812 Observer said:

FC "turf" field is actually made up of coconut fibers. No rubber turf pellets. Sand on the bottom layer with the brown coconut fibers on top. Only other field in the state like it is Carmel. They were still spreading the coconut today (game in less than 24hrs).... Its a very interesting feel and more like grass and not as spongy. Suppose to be much cooler as well. Field house is the next thing to happen for FC hopefully!

This is supposedly the type of field that Castle and Boonville will be getting after this season.   Exciting to see even field turf is improving.   No more black rubber pellets everywhere.  

Texas School District Threatens to Seize 79-Year-Old Man's Home for Stadium Parking Lot

https://reason.com/2023/08/18/texas-school-district-threatens-to-seize-79-year-old-mans-home-for-stadium-parking-lot/

A family in Houston, Texas, is at risk of having their generational home seized to make way for the expansion of the adjacent high school football stadium's parking lot.

In April, the Aldine Independent School District voted to authorize the use of eminent domain to seize the home and surrounding acre of land currently owned and occupied by 79-year-old Travis Upchurch, reported the Houston Chronicle in July.

The land has been in Upchurch's family since 1916 when his relatives first immigrated to the area from Sweden. At the time they settled there, the area was predominately agricultural, dominated by dairy farms and pecan trees.

Beginning in the 1970s, Aldine ISD started purchasing up the land around the Upchurch property as part of the construction of its current football stadium. Today, it's surrounded on three sides by stadium parking. The vacant lot abutting the fourth side of the property is also owned by the district.

"My dad has pretty much been in a high school football stadium parking lot since then,"  Travis Upchurch's daughter, Tara Upchurch, tells Reason.

Tara Upchurch says that she had expected Aldine ISD would want to buy the land once her father passed away. Her family's expectation was that until then, he'd be able to stay in their longtime family home.

That expectation was upended in June when Travis Upchurch received a letter in the mail informing him that the school district was intent on purchasing his land as part of a $50 million rebuild of the existing stadium.

"It was pretty shocking," says Tara Upchurch. "It was really hard to process the loss of it."

Aldine ISD said in a statement to the Chronicle that they tried to purchase the Upchurch property voluntarily last year but had their offer rejected. Tara Upchurch and her father both dispute this, saying they were never approached by the district about a voluntary purchase of their property.

On Wednesday, the school district sent a final offer letter to Travis Upchurch, who has 14 days to respond.

"These are delicate conversations that balance community needs and individual needs," Aldine ISD said in a statement to Reason. "We have continued to negotiate with the Upchurch family. No eminent domain proceedings have been filed at this time."

In January, the district broke ground on the stadium project. It is scheduled to open in August 2024.

Tara Upchurch says the stress of the potential seizure of his land has caused her father's health to deteriorate. She also argues that there's no reason for the district to seize the land when other vacant properties already owned by the district near the stadium could just as easily be converted to parking.

In the meantime, she says that she'll continue trying to rally public support to convince the district to not go through with the seizure.

"It feels like an unjust use of eminent domain," she says.

Yes, it is an unjust use of eminent domain.  Just so a government entity can have more parking for a children's game.

They paved Paradise, and put up a parking lot................

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Texas School District Threatens to Seize 79-Year-Old Man's Home for Stadium Parking Lot

https://reason.com/2023/08/18/texas-school-district-threatens-to-seize-79-year-old-mans-home-for-stadium-parking-lot/

Yes, it is an unjust use of eminent domain.  Just so a government entity can have more parking for a children's game.

They paved Paradise, and put up a parking lot................

This has absolutely no relevance to this topic. 

You can make your own thread.... about whatever it is you're complaining about. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1
  • Like 3
  • Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

This has absolutely no relevance to this topic. 

You can make your own thread.... about whatever it is you're complaining about. 

I disagree.  This topic is about the installation of expensive artificial playing surfaces at high school football facilities, is it not?  And IMHO that also logically extends to the environs surrounding the actual playing surface, i.e. the stands, press box, concession stand, bathrooms, locker rooms, parking lots, etc.   And the lengths our government entities will go to to get what "they" want.

• Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I disagree.  This topic is about the installation of expensive artificial playing surfaces at high school football facilities, is it not?  And IMHO that also logically extends to the environs surrounding the actual playing surface, i.e. the stands, press box, concession stand, bathrooms, locker rooms, parking lots, etc.   And the lengths our government entities will go to to get what "they" want.

I don't care. And again, has nothing to do with the topic we're discussing. 

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

In Indiana. Your post belongs in your tiny 2 man Club

Bingo. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

In Indiana. Your post belongs in your tiny 2 man Club

I don't recall the word "Indiana" being in the forum topic title, do you?  Nice try, Ron.  Now go back and let the adults talk while you play with the children.  

4 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I don't care. And again, has nothing to do with the topic we're discussing. 

I you want my post removed then please petition a GID admin.   

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't recall the word "Indiana" being in the forum topic title, do you?  Nice try, Ron.  Now go back and let the adults talk while you play with the children.  

I you want my post removed then please petition a GID admin.   

It literally says "Indiana High School Football Forum" as the page you're on lol 

Reading is hard. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't recall the word "Indiana" being in the forum topic title, do you? 

It's in the explanation for the thread in the very first post. 

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Now go back and let the adults talk while you play with the children.  

Children have better reading comprehension than you, so that's not a bad idea.

• Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's in the explanation for the thread in the very first post. 

Yep, it was.  If you want my post removed then please petition a GID admin.

Children have better reading comprehension than you, so that's not a bad idea.

Maybe.  And children have your level of maturity,  must be why you like to hang around them so much.

7 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

It literally says "Indiana High School Football Forum" as the page you're on lol 

Yet there are probably hundreds of posts on the entire forum that have nothing to do with Indiana High School Football.  Should all of those be removed?

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yep, it was.  If you want my post removed then please petition a GID admin.

Maybe.  And children have your level of maturity,  must be why you like to hang around them so much.

Yet there are probably hundreds of posts on the entire forum that have nothing to do with Indiana High School Football.  Should all of those be removed?

Moving the goalposts, I see. 

And I mean, yeah, especially when those posts are baiting, annoying, and unwanted. We've been over this. 

Pretty simple stuff man. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1
  • Like 1

I don't hang around any children. All adults around me.

Hmm, that was a 180 on your part.  Again.

1 minute ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Moving the goalposts, I see. 

And I mean, yeah, especially when those posts are baiting, annoying, and unwanted. We've been over this. 

Pretty simple stuff man. 

I didn't move any goalposts.  Try again.

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hmm, that was a 180 on your part.  Again.

I didn't move any goalposts.  Try again.

You did lol 

"It's not even in the title of the topic" ...It's in the subheading BEFORE the topic title.... and now it's "but but but other posts are off-topic too"🤣

You struggle. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

You did lol 

"It's not even in the title of the topic" ...It's in the subheading BEFORE the topic title. You struggle. 

No struggle here.  I've have admitted the name of this forum is "The Indiana High School Football Forum".  Is that correct?

huh? 

Go back and read your posts.  In order of their posting.

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I did. You are the one who suggested I hang out with children. Not me. Knowing children have better reading comprehension than you does not equate to me 'hanging out with them'. Try again Stretch Armstrong.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No struggle here.  I've have admitted the name of this forum is "The Indiana High School Football Forum".  Is that correct?

As you're moving the goalposts, you've continued to struggle, yes, that is correct. 

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I did. You are the one who suggested I hang out with children. Not me. Knowing children have better reading comprehension than you does not equate to me 'hanging out with them'. Try again Stretch Armstrong.

And your response:

"so that's not a bad idea."

Your words, not mine.

Do you recant them?

13 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

As you're moving the goalposts, you've continued to struggle, yes, that is correct. 

Do you want my post removed or not?

1 minute ago, coachkj said:

Can this be moved to the "pissing contest" section of the GID?

I don't know of such a section of the GID.  But perhaps I don't have access to it, like the coaching section.

I'd settle for you growing up.

I'm not the one who needs to grow up.  That would be you, crying every time somebody makes a post in your precious turf topic that does not meet your own personal criteria.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't know of such a section of the GID.  But perhaps I don't have access to it, like the coaching section.

I'm not the one who needs to grow up.  That would be you, crying every time somebody makes a post in your precious turf topic that does not meet your own personal criteria.

My criteria? Nahh.. Just common sense. lol 

"Every time somebody makes a post blah blah blah"... it's LITERALLY only you that comes into this thread to do whatever it is that you do. 

You can't even stay on topic, it's not that hard, when you don't have an agenda.