Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2020

Valpo offers academic money based on need and other factors. Players then sign an agreement to play while attending school. I would think Pence and Boberg will both get a nice athletic scholarship by the end of the year. Both are outstanding players.  But in these times it’s nice to have any opportunity on the table.  

2 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Valpo offers academic money based on need and other factors. Players then sign an agreement to play while attending school. I would think Pence and Boberg will both get a nice athletic scholarship by the end of the year. Both are outstanding players.  But in these times it’s nice to have any opportunity on the table.  

I will agree with you on that for having an opportunity to play college football during this period. And there is always another possibility of them getting another scholarship or 2

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

From what I have read, those design flaws at Harrison and North may come back to haunt them.

A complete disregard for visiting fans (no bathrooms or concessions on their side) will cost them money/fans this year.

Looks like a great year to own a porta-potty business!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Looks like a great year to own a porta-potty business!

Does the Jewell still have the portajohns on the visitor side? 

Back of the envelope math, but 250 fans x $5 a person x 4-5 home games amounts to $5-6 grand. Unless they are gold-plated thrones, I can’t imagine they would cost that much. 

Then again, I’m not in the porta-potty business, although I have been told I’m full of it.... 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Does the Jewell still have the portajohns on the visitor side? 

Back of the envelope math, but 250 fans x $5 a person x 4-5 home games amounts to $5-6 grand. Unless they are gold-plated thrones, I can’t imagine they would cost that much. 

Then again, I’m not in the porta-potty business, although I have been told I’m full of it.... 

Yes it does have them on the visitor side.  I have no inside knowledge but a quick internet search says 100-500 per month for a couple.

I think in the Jewell they would let us to 250 on each side (home and visitor)...maybe 250 on the end also.  We have three entrances and could line up the porta-potties accordingly.  Imagine if the Jewell ends up being allowed more fans than the Reitz Bowl.

38 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yes it does have them on the visitor side.  I have no inside knowledge but a quick internet search says 100-500 per month for a couple.

Won’t more than a couple be needed, like say 6 for gents and 10 for ladies at each group?  

1 minute ago, tango said:

Won’t more than a couple be needed, like say 6 for gents and 10 for ladies at each group?  

It doesn't take that many....I wouldn't think.....somewhere in between your estimation and my couple.  I should really play closer attention to what we have over there.