Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

week 3 July

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

While Boone Grove resumes activities today 

It's not my team.  Hope that was ok to post that. 

Eric Schefter on the call.

I’d like to see which teams moved onto the next phase and which are staying at phase 1 protocols. Reply here on what your team is doing for this week or if you have heard of what certain teams are doing. I know every school district has their own thoughts and ideas.

Indianapolis Public Schools’ decision to delay the start of the school year by two weeks due to concerns over a recent spike in coronavirus cases will have an impact on athletics.

IPS district athletic director Darren Thomas said Monday that IPS athletic programs would either cancel or postpone previously scheduled events until Aug. 29. On Saturday, IPS announced it was pushing back the start of the school year and athletic programming by two weeks to Aug. 17 with options for in-person and virtual classes.

With IPS athletic programming also postponed until Aug. 17, Thomas said IPS football teams would either postpone or cancel the first two weeks of the season. Under Indiana High School Athletic Association rules, an athlete must participate in 10 practices before the first game.

“I did talk to (new IHSAA commissioner Paul Neidig) and the 10-practice rule will still apply with the current circumstances,” Thomas said. “We will have to delay and postpone or cancel those contests for football and other fall sports.”

Tech, the largest school in the state’s largest district, is scheduled to play IPS rival Washington on Aug. 21 and host Terre Haute North on Aug. 28 before starting play in the North Central Conference on Sept. 4 against Richmond. The other IPS programs affected would be Crispus Attucks, Manual, Shortridge and Washington.

Thomas said there is a possibility the Week 2 games could be moved back a day to Aug. 29.

Edited by cw13

13 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I’d like to see which teams moved onto the next phase and which are staying at phase 1 protocols. Reply here on what your team is doing for this week or if you have heard of what certain teams are doing. I know every school district has their own thoughts and ideas.

Exactly what we are doing,  we have our pods still in place Monday thru Thursday for condition and lifting  

We will keep the pods in place tonight when we have our full team activity, only difference is we will run our drills with helmet and shoulder pads on.   I do not believe we have any desire or need to go 11 on 11 thud or 7 on 7 at any point the next 2 weeks.  

• Like 1

Boone County Health Department sends strongly worded suggestion that all county schools begin remotely or with a hybrid schedule for kids in middle/high school.

Cites the evidence that the virus spreads amongst 11-19 year olds more commonly than 0-10 year olds as reasoning...

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Boone County Health Department sends strongly worded suggestion that all county schools begin remotely or with a hybrid schedule for kids in middle/high school.

Cites the evidence that the virus spreads amongst 11-19 year olds more commonly than 0-10 year olds as reasoning...

How worried are folks that county Health Departments are ill prepared for this?  

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

How worried are folks that county Health Departments are ill prepared for this?  

Can’t speak for everyone but I think that the liability has some folks questioning everything.

Nearly every school district in and around Marion County is now delaying because they don’t want to be the guinea pigs in going first.

As I mentioned earlier, as unfair as it may be, the first school district to go back and report an outbreak is going to get roasted by the local media.

36 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Not even close to being true.

Pike, Wayne, Warren, Washington (not delaying but getting rid of in person all together), Lawrence, IPS in Marion County ALONE.

Haven't heard from Franklin, Decatur or Perry.

Zionsville, Hamilton Southeastern, Carmel, Franklin in the suburbs just off the top of my head.

And it's only July 21st...

25 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Pike, Wayne, Warren, Washington (not delaying but getting rid of in person all together), Lawrence, IPS in Marion County ALONE.

Haven't heard from Franklin, Decatur or Perry.

Zionsville, Hamilton Southeastern, Carmel, Franklin in the suburbs just off the top of my head.

And it's only July 21st...

Zionsville, Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville, Hamilton Heights, Sheridan, Pendleton Heights, Mt. Vernon all opening on schedule.

Edited by gonzoron

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Zionsville, Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville, Hamilton Heights, Sheridan, Pendleton Heights, Mt. Vernon all opening on schedule.

But not all “opening” FULLY.  Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Of the schools opening fully and not participating in a hybrid schedule, many are delaying and it’s becoming obvious why.

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

many are delaying and it’s becoming obvious why.

No, they aren't. Opening schools to students and offering e-learning is not a delay.

Here's what you originally said:

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Nearly every school district in and around Marion County is now delaying

Simply not true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

All scheduled currently to open. Same with Center Grove. Need any more examples of "surrounding" schools?

Nah, thanks for the geography lesson.  You really dunked on me.  I like this aggressive approach much more so than you running away and hiding once you are called on something.

Keep up the good work chief.  Every time a school in the surrounding area of Marion County postpones in the coming days, I’ll return to remind you.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Every time a school in the surrounding area of Marion County postpones in the coming days, I’ll return to remind you.

That's fine, but that won't change the fact that you lied about it today. Let's use Facts over Fear.

Edited by gonzoron

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That's fine, but that won't change the fact that you lied about it today. Let's use Facts over Fear.

Maybe I was just two weeks ahead...maybe I’ll be correct by August 1st.

Also, maybe just me but even though Hamilton County borders Marion, I don’t consider the metropolises of Sheridan, Cicero and Arcadia “surrounding.”

11 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I don’t consider the metropolises of Sheridan, Cicero and Arcadia “surrounding.”

Sheridan is closer than the town of Franklin(which you mentioned). Arcadia is the same distance away as Franklin. You're just digging your hole deeper.

23 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Sheridan is closer than the town of Franklin(which you mentioned). Arcadia is the same distance away as Franklin. You're just digging your hole deeper.

Nah.  If a portion of your student body takes farm equipment as transportation to/from school, you’re not “surrounding” Indianapolis.

Also, you might want to check the mileage on your assumptions.

Franklin is 25 miles from Monument Circle...or about 90 minutes on your John Deere.

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Franklin is 25 miles from Monument Circle

Cicero is on 236th St. 23.6 miles from Monument Circle, 14 miles from I-465. Hamilton Heights HS is on 256th St. 25.6 miles from Monument Circle, 16 miles from I-465. Franklin is 16 miles from I-465. Try again. Dig deeper. 

Edited by gonzoron