Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #9

Knox vs caston- Russ Radtke has disappointed all of starke county even the blue jays!!! But because of who they play I have to give them the nod here Knox 31 Caston 13

laville vs culver- culver is all over the place this year and without King I see no offense and the defense will not be able to contain laville! Lancers 48 Culver 0

Pioneer vs North Judson- It’s just another one of those years for Pioneer nobody in the HNAC is close to Beating them. 
Jays have 2 very impressive wins on the season But will not get it done against the Panthers. Coach Lambert and the jays will have the Panthers number VERY SOON just not this year. Panthers 38 Jays 6

Triton vs Winamac- Triton has looked better week after week and are getting the young guys some varsity experience! Winamac has potential to be a good team but don’t know what seems to be in there way! Love Hendrix and the program he had at Knox only a matter of time before the Warriors put it together! I’m going to go Triton in a close one! Triton 20 Winamac 16

On 10/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, footballer_02 said:

I was implying that analyzing how much one team scores on an opponent and how much another team scores on that same opponent  isn’t how football works. A teams potential can’t be judged by looking at scores. 

Thank you. 

I lurk on several different conference threads and this one is by far the worst with, "If Team A scored X on Team B, then how do you expect Team C to only score X on Team B!?"

8 minutes ago, 5GetsYou1 said:

Thank you. 

I lurk on several different conference threads and this one is by far the worst with, "If Team A scored X on Team B, then how do you expect Team C to only score X on Team B!?"

Totally agree!  It’s the same conversation that was had last week.  Judson didn’t score on Knox in week 4 so how could they ever score on another team in week 9?  I dunno maybe we practice and get better.  It’s like every team is in stasis in the eyes of the trolls.  Coaching is fluid.  You’re either getting better or worse as the season goes on.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

Totally agree!  It’s the same conversation that was had last week.  Judson didn’t score on Knox in week 4 so how could they ever score on another team in week 9?  I dunno maybe we practice and get better.  It’s like every team is in stasis in the eyes of the trolls.  Coaching is fluid.  You’re either getting better or worse as the season goes on.  

That's a great point!  Teams are not stagnant.  But in theory every team would be getting better each week, so week one results could accurately predict week 9 results.  Of course, as you said, we all know some coaches are better at getting their teams to improve than others, so I suppose there's room for debate.  Which is exactly why we are all on here!  To express opinions and have some fun!  

If we are all expected to ignore previous weeks' results when discussing future games, this site would be EXTREMELY boring!  So I will continue to consider the results of previous games when discussing future games.

Since you are not looking at results from previous weeks, why don't you break down your reasons for thinking North Judson will win the game tonight by a couple points.  I'm interested in hearing your analysis.

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

You mean to tell me that the classic Transitive Property of Football is not viable source???      shhheeeeeesh 

On Harrell's basketball site there is a guy who uses the transitive property to show how a one win team could beat the best team in the state (assuming they have lost at least one game).  It's a blast to see how that works!  I wish someone would do that here on the football site.  Surely someone could figure out why Taylor should be able to beat Brownsburg!  

Edited by FinePrint

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

That's a great point!  Teams are not stagnant.  But in theory every team would be getting better each week, so week one results could accurately predict week 9 results.  Of course, as you said, we all know some coaches are better at getting their teams to improve than others, so I suppose there's room for debate.  Which is exactly why we are all on here!  To express opinions and have some fun!  

If we are all expected to ignore previous weeks' results when discussing future games, this site would be EXTREMELY boring!  So I will continue to consider the results of previous games when discussing future games.

Since you are not looking at results from previous weeks, why don't you break down your reasons for thinking North Judson will win the game tonight by a couple points.  I'm interested in hearing your analysis.

I don’t believe that every team gets better throughout the year.  I believe players can develop and progress on an individual level throughout the season.  Plenty of teams are lost to injury, mental attitude, and poor coaching.  

5 hours ago, 5GetsYou1 said:

Thank you. 

Apparently you missed another one of my posts.

I go on match ups. 

LaVille/Knox

LaVille matched up better with Knox because LaVille's passing game is better than their run game. Knox's strength on  defense is the run and its weakness is the pass... Which creates a mismatch...and Czarnecki had a great night kicking the ball. 

North Judson/Knox

North Judson's strength on offense is running the ball. Their passing game isn't quite on par with their run game (its improved a lot and i have given Trey Hampton a lot of praise for working hard to improve as a throwing QB). This wasn't a great match up for North Judson. Their strength on offense played into Knox's strength on defense...and North Judson isnt on par with LaVille when comparing their throwing games.

LaVille/North Judson. 

I saw both teams play and I thought they matched up pretty good. Judson was the better team i thought after seeing both teams play. I thought Judson's pass D could keep LaVille's passing game at bay and could really stop their run game. I thought LaVille might struggle to pass on the Jays secondary and knew they'd struggle to run the ball. 

Pioneer/Judson

I never said North Judson couldn't score on the Panthers. I just don't think North Judson's run game or pass game is good enough to score 28 points on the Panthers. I could see NJ offense scoring 7 or 12 points on Pioneer but thats it... Only way I see North Judson scoring 28 is if Ezra and Addai get hurt or NJ scores on special teams and or their defense scores. 

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

I don’t believe that every team gets better throughout the year.  I believe players can develop and progress on an individual level throughout the season.  Plenty of teams are lost to injury, mental attitude, and poor coaching.  

Totally agree.  Now, why do you think North Judson will win by two points tonight?  Do you have some analytical data that supports your prediction?  Do you have some position matchups that in some way favor the Jays?  My prediction of a Panther win was based totally on previous game results.  But if you're not looking at that, what is driving your prediction?  Maybe it's just a gut feel, and if so that's fine.  Just wondering how you're coming up with a Blue Jay win.

Watching Culver’s offense is worse than watching paint dry!!  Good grief!

Thank goodness I can stream Judson/Pioneer which might end up matching the same score at halftime of this game, 20-0 Pioneer w/6:00 left in 2nd.

Edited by cpg1970
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

Watching Culver’s offense is worse than watching paint dry!!  Good grief!

Thank goodness I can stream Judson/Pioneer which might end up matching the same score at halftime of this game, 20-0 Pioneer w/6:00 left in 2nd.

That’s an insult to paint drying...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Final Winamac 10, Triton 9

I don't understand why Triton went for 2. Kick the PAT. Play some D. Go to OT. 

Winamac has had trouble in the red zone scoring at times. 

I was able to see 3rd and 4th quarter on phone. 

Nice big runs by Fox and Compton for that TD. Nice FG by Max. 

#22, #32 and that QB for Triton look good. 

2 hours ago, cpg1970 said:

So we can say the HNAC Standings looked like this:

Pioneer - Still Kings of the roost

New Judson - Great season

LaVille - Third by default head-to-head loss to Judson

Knox

Winamac

Triton

Culver

Caston 

Wouldn't it be

Pioneer

Knox/Judson/LaVille tie for 2nd

Winamac

Triton

Culver

Caston

No . . . 

Pioneer finished 5-0

LaVille 4-1

NJSP 5-2

Knox 4-2

Winamc 3-2

Tirton 2-4

Culver 1-6

Caston 0-7

Still no conference champion since eight HNAC games were not played.

Maybe LaVille and Pioneer could count its second round IHSAA state tournament game as an HNAC game . . .  providing both Pioneer and LaVille win in week one.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines 007

On 10/15/2020 at 6:31 PM, Bjp7227 said:

Knox vs caston- Russ Radtke has disappointed all of starke county even the blue jays!!! But because of who they play I have to give them the nod here Knox 31 Caston 13

laville vs culver- culver is all over the place this year and without King I see no offense and the defense will not be able to contain laville! Lancers 48 Culver 0

Pioneer vs North Judson- It’s just another one of those years for Pioneer nobody in the HNAC is close to Beating them. 
Jays have 2 very impressive wins on the season But will not get it done against the Panthers. Coach Lambert and the jays will have the Panthers number VERY SOON just not this year. Panthers 38 Jays 6

Triton vs Winamac- Triton has looked better week after week and are getting the young guys some varsity experience! Winamac has potential to be a good team but don’t know what seems to be in there way! Love Hendrix and the program he had at Knox only a matter of time before the Warriors put it together! I’m going to go Triton in a close one! Triton 20 Winamac 16

As far as Winamac

New Coaching staff, New offense and defense. Covid didn't help them this summer. They switched offenses in season and re arranged the line. 5-2 isn't too bad. 

Defense is ahead of offense right now. 

8 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

As far as Winamac

New Coaching staff, New offense and defense. Covid didn't help them this summer. They switched offenses in season and re arranged the line. 5-2 isn't too bad. 

Defense is ahead of offense right now. 

Let’s just say 5-4! Cancelled 2 losses