Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Sectional 45

Attica 30
North Vermillion 28
FINAL

Ramblers finish the game with just 12 players healthy and available.

That's how the numbers make a difference. If you have a roster of 30, and you lose 3 kids to contact tracing, you can still play. When you start with 14...1 kid can be the difference between playing and not playing every week. How about some respect for the kids doing their best in all of this? I saw it when Turkey Run had 13 kids....and no COVID to deal with.  Great win by the Ramblers. Let the flaming begin....but they are moving on, and that's all you want each week.

Edited by RamblerFB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

I almost passed out when I saw this score!  How can the vaunted D1’s with all of their talent lose to a WRC team?  Wasn’t this supposed to be a historic sectional run for the D1’s?  Or maybe, just maybe, the one real D1 athlete on the field beat the wanna be D1’s?

Who’s the D1 for Seegers?

I don’t think anyone every said the kids at Attica don’t deserve respect. Kudos to them. Unless time has changed since I played, and that’s been a long time ago. We didn’t care if we had 40, 20 or 11 kids we just wanted to play. I remember seeing TR playing with 10 kids on the field at the end of the game. I think the disrespect goes towards the admin/coaches that decided to play or not to play weekly. 

I think the bitterness comes from them picking and choosing who they played this year. The same question will be asked, was it because of covid, injuries, fear of kids getting hurt playing the better schools? Once again it is not towards the the athletes on the team, they don’t make the choices. It’s hard to believe it’s a coincidence that they played the teams that were equal or not as good as they are and did not play the the top 3 teams in the WRC. Like I said at the beginning of the thread it will be a shame if they back out of the round two sectional game agains South Put. Crabtree would take on anyone with his kids from NV no matter what his numbers were. Would Attica play with 14 or 15 player if they were scheduled to play cloverdale or Riverton next week? I guess this will be a topic for next weeks thread. 

Ok here is a serious question. Would like to hear thoughts from others. Is there a minimum numbers of players that should be active for a game before it is played? Is there a certain number you get to when the game should be called? Is that number 15/18/22 ect. This is a real question and looking for real thoughts. @Coach Nowlin@Donnie Baker @Oldbleacherfan

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ok here is a serious question. Would like to hear thoughts from others. Is there a minimum numbers of players that should be active for a game before it is played? Is there a certain number you get to when the game should be called? Is that number 15/18/22 ect. This is a real question and looking for real thoughts. @Coach Nowlin@Donnie Baker @Oldbleacherfan

Turkey run played games with 13-14 kids. 

12 hours ago, wrcsage said:

I’ll give Rambler Dan some credit if they show up next week and take their beating by South Putnam.  

Sad post

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

11 is the number 

To my knowledge there is not any minimum other than 11.   HOWEVER, Coaches/Admins may feel that there is a number that they need to be comfortable with. 

NOW: 

I just do not see why there are folks on here who want to try to diminish anyone at Attica with this conjecture on reasons why some teams played each week and didn't.   WE all understand what a unknown this season was from the get go.  It is very very SAD for me to consistency read people in this thread question Attica or other teams for that matter on the merit of playing each week.    What is trying to be accomplished by that ??   So sad man.  just sad.  

I will leave you with this:

• Thanks 2

I know the number is 11. I was asking your opinion. Would you put a team out there with 11? Does it depend on the athletes you have on the team? I would say SV PH and Seeger could pick 11 this year and play most schools and be fine? Other schools I would think wouldn’t want to play with less then 18-20

I believe that the folks at Attica made decision that was best for them this week, so they played, they won, I am not one to judge those decisions.  

I believe the tournament provides the thought process of, even with 11 or 12 or 13 or 88, if we are going to go down, lets go down on the field if we are allowed to be.   

• Thanks 2