Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Sectional 45

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

What exactly is the issue?  

Really?

Putting on a social forum that a school district is putting non athletes health at risk because they don’t play sport isn’t a problem? 

not only is it complete BS, it’s a smack in a lot of good administrators face. 

Maybe if I pay to read this trash I can post what I really feel and won’t be condemned. 

3 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Really?

Putting on a social forum that a school district is putting non athletes health at risk because they don’t play sport isn’t a problem? 

Maybe if I pay to read this trash I can post what I really feel and won’t be condemned. 

So Parke Heritage isn't isolating their athletes from their general student population? 

I would expect a school that has a chance of winning some post season games to take every possible precaution to keep their athletes healthy. Who cares if some Parke Heritage employees are passing the email around outside of the district? There are necessary precautions to take when you preparing to make a run in the state tournament. 

8 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Really?

Again,   Hit the REPORT button if you feel like there has been some sort of violation of our policies..   

I am one of 7 folks on the leadership team..... 

I promise, being a "booster" does not give you special treatment, however, we would absolutely take your $30 donation.   

I really do not see what exactly you are speaking of:    Just a bunch of gray area mentions....  

What is the exact issue you have:?    Parke Heritage is or is not open?  I do not know?   Parke Heritage is or is not putting all thier sports kids in a bubble"?   Again, know Idea .....     

My issue with last week posts was the notion that a school such as Attica was purposelfully playing the "covid" card to avoid playing tougher competition.   that was the issue.   Pretty cut and dry.  And lets see what exactly was done about it.... I steered the conversation away from that, nothing more, nothing less.   No warnings, no suspensions, no PM's sent to @JohnnyFootball   

Very Senstive Morning for you OldBleacherfan..... 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Again,   Hit the REPORT button if you feel like there has been some sort of violation of our policies..   

I am one of 7 folks on the leadership team..... 

I promise, being a "booster" does not give you special treatment, however, we would absolutely take your $30 donation.   

I really do not see what exactly you are speaking of:    Just a bunch of gray area mentions....  

What is the exact issue you have:?    Parke Heritage is or is not open?  I do not know?   Parke Heritage is or is not putting all thier sports kids in a bubble"?   Again, know Idea .....     

My issue with last week posts was the notion that a school such as Attica was purposelfully playing the "covid" card to avoid playing tougher competition.   that was the issue.   Pretty cut and dry.  And lets see what exactly was done about it.... I steered the conversation away from that, nothing more, nothing less.   No warnings, no suspensions, no PM's sent to @JohnnyFootball   

Very Senstive Morning for you OldBleacherfan..... 

1-thats exactly what the ramblers did, they have had Covid so badly it’s made them miss multiple games, it just happens that it’s been against the best opponents on their schedule and seems to work perfectly that their kids not being quarantined for 2 straight weeks and are eligible to play the next week. 

2-no reason to report, I don’t honestly give a $&/!, but if one can post rumors, we should all be able to. 

3-I’ll send my $30 if you guys accept EBT. 

the championship game will be decided on 2 things. 

1- Covid and if both teams can be at full strength. 
2-who can stop who. Wolves offense hasn’t been stopped in 2 years. But their defense hasn’t gotten a big stop in big games in 2 years either. It will be a shootout. 

where will the championship be played? 

what does SP do offensively? 

can their athletes cover Johnson and company?

I’m sure we will hear how they play larger schools, what’s their opponents combined record?

I watched South Putnam on Friday night. Wasn’t that impressed with their offense. They do run the ball well, and that will be a challenge for the Wolves. Not sure their secondary can handle the PH receiving crew.
Will be a higher scoring game but I think the Wolves will pull this one out.

54 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Really?

It is in fact not BS, the principal posted the new PHHS student athlete COVID guidelines to the school's social media accounts over the weekend. As well as emailed the entire staff and student body. Said email was then screenshot multiple times I'm sure, and sent out all over various social media platforms. Apparently, after reading said email, members of your community took some offense to some students getting special treatment. Espcially considering the school to your south has suspended athletics (Cross Country exception noted...) and has gone to E-Learning this week at least until Wednesday. All this prompted the PH principal to post a follow up email this morning stating the new guidelines were for all PHHS students, not just student athletes. Eventhough the original email only mentions student athletes. Typical CYOA tactic when one realizes they probably made a mistake. 

I have screen shots of the emails, if you want me to PM them to you so you can read for yourself. 

With that being said, this week will be interesting to say the least. I'm still in league with Donnie, this sectional is South Putnam's to lose. 

Covington 42 Cloverdale  - Not quite baskeball season for the Trojans, they get another week. It's definatley basketball season for the Clovers.

Parke Heritage 35 Riverton Parke - Who does the two week layoff affect the most? Are there any players out for each team? Will this game even be played? Wolves move on over Panthers and get closer to their date with destiny. 

Attica 24 North Vermillion 20 - Closest game of the sectional. Ramblers convert all their 2 point conversions. Falcons not enough offense to move on. 

South Putnam 56 Fountain Central 0 - Eagles put the Mustangs out of their misery. Get one step closer to their date with destiny. 

40 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Bahaha Donnie it looks like we might get to 4 pages this week. Page two and it’s only Monday morning and it looks like we have until Saturday afternoon. We can do it. 

And I didn’t even have to hurt anyone’s little feelings. But that’s about to change I swear to God it is!

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

1-thats exactly what the ramblers did, they have had Covid so badly it’s made them miss multiple games, it just happens that it’s been against the best opponents on their schedule and seems to work perfectly that their kids not being quarantined for 2 straight weeks and are eligible to play the next week. 

So seems like the weeks that Attica had issues fell on weeks that they were to play a good team, thats called a quinsedence   

The notion that Attica came up with Covid or stretch the truth on their covid to avoid playing good teams is far different than the fact that they had it to cause the cancellation

I know you can see the difference....  

For somone who doesn't care, you have spent some time and energy ..... NOT CARING.    

• Thanks 1

just curious, please don’t get up set with me like last week and say “what’s it matter” but why didn’t Attica play SV last week? Was it covid related? If so I’m sorry for the team, but why would they let other Attica teams participate in other group events? 
I can see cross country, just tell your kids to run faster to stay away from everyone else. 
Was it to protect players for first week of sectional? Fine if that was the reason, but it can’t be both ways. 

41 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

I have them all bear  

I do stand corrected, may have been a poor wording choice but if you know Dwight Ashley, his love for that school and ALL of his students goes above and beyond any principle I have ever seen or been around, ever. Sometimes he is even over the top but the kids love it! 

How’s that foot taste? Nowlins would probably accept your apology in a 30 buck donation. If you have to use EBTs you must do all your posting from one of them Obama phones. I gotta go 

this is what I do know: 

Lots of energy spent by adults on dissecting reasons in an unprecendented season we are coming to a close on, the Covid Season.  

Be thankful any week your team you support gets to play:   Have compassion for those teams and communities who cannot play any week. 

All the other conjecture is just sad.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

How’s that foot taste? Nowlins would probably accept your apology in a 30 buck donation. If you have to use EBTs you must do all your posting from one of them Obama phones. I gotta go 

LOL I was going to mention I was using my Obama phone but I didn’t want to bring up politics. 

• Haha 2

It is not unusual for teams to be put in a bubble while at school.  With all of the social distancing in place, they wouldn't come in contact with many people to begin with.  I have heard of soccer and volleyball teams doing this to protect them while still in the tourney.

I will admit that South Putnam's win over Heritage Christian is impressive.  Until then I really wasn't impressed with their schedule.  HC is a pretty decent team, so beating them only solidifies them as the heavy favorite in 45.

This week the only game that seems to be competitive is Attica/North Vermillion.  The Ramblers won by 3 in the first meeting.  Hard to beat someone twice in the same season, but with FC beating NV last week, I'll take the Ramblers.

The rest of the games will be over and possibly running clock by halftime.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sorry, I got logged out , then locked out!  You have me pegged!  I like to watch and read!

I think the Eagles will be up for a challenge each week.  We shut down HC’s passing attack, that was the goal and let the Defense step up and contain Brown. 
every team will be different and we will have to adjust. 

24 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

It seems safe to say that Riverton Parke still hates Rockville, and probably vice versa. it's gonna be wild when the balance of football power in Parke County shifts to the south and west, in like 2 years.

Is that because of the endzone cameras that they invested in for the program? 😀

28 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

It seems safe to say that Riverton Parke still hates Rockville, and probably vice versa. it's gonna be wild when the balance of football power in Parke County shifts to the south and west, in like 2 years.

Yes Facebook has been entertaining, Riverton hates Parke Heritage, it was Rockville, now they hate the entire northern part of the county! I can speak that we don’t feel the same. Only thing that has been competitive is baseball in male sports. 

But the wolves did strike a nerve with a Riverton Parke legend, a BIG TIME banker, and their biggest booster. His post has gone viral with degrading comments about the wolves and the school in general. Not sure I’d want to do that before playing them? Lol 

And the panther faithful can not believe the Wolves got more tickets for this game than they did. How does that work for the sectional?

3 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Yes Facebook has been entertaining, Riverton hates Parke Heritage, it was Rockville, now they hate the entire northern part of the county! I can speak that we don’t feel the same. Only thing that has been competitive is baseball in male sports. 

But the wolves did strike a nerve with a Riverton Parke legend, a BIG TIME banker, and their biggest booster. His post has gone viral with degrading comments about the wolves and the school in general. Not sure I’d want to do that before playing them? Lol 

And the panther faithful can not believe the Wolves got more tickets for this game than they did. How does that work for the sectional?

It makes things interesting if nothing else! It has been kind of a slow year for WRC football. 

12 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Where can I find these posts?