Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC sectionals week 2

4 hours ago, BTF said:

I will be in utter shock if Carroll only scores 14. I'm going to say 35 minimum.  The lowest they scored all year was 21 and that was against Dwenger...........which I keep touting as one of the best defenses in the state. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Charger defense though, so if Warsaw wins, it will have to be a shootout. I'm thinking 42-21.........something like that. Or my original prediction of 48-28. 

I meant it more as an expression than actually predicting only 14 points for Carroll. But if the Tigers chew up the clock, that will limit how many points can be scored in this game.

41 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I meant it more as an expression than actually predicting only 14 points for Carroll. But if the Tigers chew up the clock, that will limit how many points can be scored in this game.

21-21. Carroll's defense is their weakness. Overtime the way this thing is going. Unless one team can get a turnover.

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Yes, it is. I don't see the Snider/Homestead game listed, does anyone know where to watch?

Youtube it............Homestead Live

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

21-21. Carroll's defense is their weakness. Overtime the way this thing is going. Unless one team can get a turnover.

Yeah, I've been watching since start. Snider is a different team now from when they played earlier. A few things I'm seeing; D needs to rush/blitz to get pressure, Homestead QB will pick apart if he has time, Haupert needs to be more selective when passing, Brown is running good and  D line is looking good. The big surprise is no flags that are killing drives on O or extending drives from Homestead. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Looks like good game in Warsaw. Looks like Tiger's have good D, may be difference in game at the end??

1 minute ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Are you watching the game? Carroll is crushing it on offense. Thankfully the Tiger offense is eating up clock on all their drives and limiting the Charger opportunities.

Pretty much sums it up.

Just now, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Are you watching the game? Carroll is crushing it on offense. Thankfully the Tiger offense is eating up clock on all their drives and limiting the Charger opportunities.

Not really, I'm watching Snider mostly. 

45 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Warsaw doing exactly what they needed which is force turnovers. Huge fumble by Becker.

• Like 1

Just now, Prospect said:

Warsaw doing exactly what they needed which is force turnovers. Huge fumble by Becker.

Warsaw is in the drivers seat. I'm not sure how Carroll can win this game. They can't stop Warsaw's run game at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Warsaw is in the drivers seat. I'm not sure how Carroll can win this game. They can't stop Warsaw's run game at all.

I can't see how much time is remaining, but it looks like this game is over. Congrats to Warsaw. 

I really oversold, or tried too on Carroll. Looks like they had hard time with "Bart Ball" triple O and mix of other things. Will be interesting game at Homestead next week. I know game is not over, but think the Tigers have this. Nice D for Tigers as well !!

3 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Carroll scores late but can't recover the onside kick. Tigers win 42-35

Hats off to Warsaw. I really never paid much attention to them in past, they are up and coming program, Bart made a difference for sure, he is a Hall of Fame coach to be in IN HS football in my mind. I will for sure watch game at Homestead next week. Initial thoughts in Sparty D is way better so Warsaw may not be able to score like they did tonight. I do like the Tiger D and O set, so I thinking game will be a close one. 

3 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Hats off to Warsaw. I really never paid much attention to them in past, they are up and coming program, Bart made a difference for sure, he is a Hall of Fame coach to be in IN HS football in my mind. I will for sure watch game at Homestead next week. Initial thoughts in Sparty D is way better so Warsaw may not be able to score like they did tonight. I do like the Tiger D and O set, so I thinking game will be a close one. 

Homesteads defense is MUCH better than Carroll's. I don't think Warsaw matches up well with the Spartans. Homestead is just a well rounded team. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Homesteads defense is MUCH better than Carroll's. I don't think Warsaw matches up well with the Spartans. Homestead is just a well rounded team. 

I agree here. Reminds me of the talent difference the Tigers faced after playing Penn last year then Merrillville in Regionals.

Crazy stats from tonight. Warsaw ran 83 offensive plays (81 rushes) compared to Carroll’s 40 plays. Tigers had 27 first downs, 508 total rushing yards, and 3 rushers over 130+ yards.

1 minute ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I agree here. Reminds me of the talent difference the Tigers faced after playing Penn last year then Merrillville in Regionals.

Crazy stats from tonight. Warsaw ran 83 offensive plays (81 rushes) compared to Carroll’s 40 plays. Tigers had 27 first downs, 508 total rushing yards, and 3 rushers over 130+ yards.

Wow that stat is mind blowing., I don't expect that to happen next week. Like I said earlier, I really have not paid attention to Warsaw football till tonight. It looks like they have a good thing going. Do Tigers have a good O line ?? If they can run ball and control clock and have good D, they have chance. I live up in Mishawaka area and that is what Bart Ball is all about. Ground/Pound/Clock and decent D equals W's.