Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. Whiteland - Regional Championship

You make many statements that would lead one to assume that you have inside information   Im just challenging your sources of information and calling you out on it.  Now I understand you DO NOT have any inside info and are simply giving your opinion, like the rest of us.  

Edited by DT

1 minute ago, DT said:

You make many statements that would lead one to assume that you have inside information   Im just challenging your sources of information and calling you out on it.  Now I understand you DO NOT have any inside info and are simply giving your opinion, like the rest of us.  

I just told you what I saw firsthand.  Better than any of the drivel you spout.  You didn't even watch the game you predicted as the upset of the decade.  In fact, I doubt you watch much football at all.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

12 minutes ago, DT said:

Is it your understanding that there has never been any internal discussion or disagreement relative to the idea of Cathedral playing in 6A?  Do you have first hand knowledge of this?

No internal rift.

Cathedral’s already played a two year cycle of 6A football. Cathedral is ALWAYS going to play where the IHSAA mandates. Simply as that. Whether it be 5A or 6A due to the success factor or back to their original enrollment class in 4A, Cathedral is going to play where the IHSAA slots them to play and there really isn’t any more that needs to be discussed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

No internal rift.

Cathedral’s already played a two year cycle of 6A football. Cathedral is ALWAYS going to play where the IHSAA mandates. Simply as that. Whether it be 5A or 6A due to the success factor or back to their original enrollment class in 4A, Cathedral is going to play where the IHSAA slots them to play and there really isn’t any more that needs to be discussed.

So if the IHSAA adopts the 2.0 Multiplier and Cathedral and Roncalli both are bumped to 6A, they will accept their new status and play on?

6 minutes ago, DT said:

So if the IHSAA adopts the 2.0 Multiplier and Cathedral and Roncalli both are bumped to 6A, they will accept their new status and play on?

Has there once ever been serious talks of a multiplier passing legislation, let alone a multiplier that artificially doubles a schools enrollment?

To answer your question, yes Cathedral and Roncalli would accept as they are one of the few schools who could survive it. But the IHSAA would get sued to the high heavens by everybody else that in turn makes a multiplier nothing but a fantasy.

Edited by Footballking16

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Has there once ever been serious talks of a multiplier passing legislation, let alone a multiplier that artificially doubles a schools enrollment?

To answer your question, yes Cathedral and Roncalli would accept as they are one of the few schools who could survive it. But the IHSAA would get sued to the high heavens by everybody else that makes a multiplier nothing but a fantasy.

The Multiplier exists in many other states in many different forms.  I have seen it range from 1.2 all the way up to 1.8.  2.0 is not the outlandish outlier you might think it is given precedence.  

COVID is a game changer.  Its a once in a lifetime event that has changed everything, including the balance that previously existed in our game of high school football.  

The impact on wealthy and urban communities has been significant, but not devastating like it has been on small towns and rural communities.  Many are being hallowed out, losing jobs and business at a much higher rate than are the wealthier suburban communities.  This reality will ultimately reach down to high school extra curricular activities, where rural and lower socio economic communities will see both reduced participation and fewer options.  

The powers that be will recognize this and do what they can to try and maintain some semblance of balance on the playing fields.  The Multiplier is the natural successor to the SF.  Its just the next step in the process of maintaining competitive balance.

Just now, DT said:

The Multiplier exists in many other states in many different forms.  I have seen it range from 1.2 all the way up to 1.8.  2.0 is not the outlandish outlier you might think it is given precedence.  

COVID is a game changer.  Its a once in a lifetime event that has changed everything, including the balance that previously existed in our game of high school football.  

The impact on wealthy and urban communities has been significant, but not devastating like it has been on small towns and rural communities.  Many are being hallowed out, losing jobs and business at a much higher rate than are the wealthier suburban communities.  This reality will ultimately reach down to high school extra curricular activities, where rural and lower socio economic communities will see both reduced participation and fewer options.  

The powers that be will recognize this and do what they can to try and maintain some semblance of balance on the playing fields.  The Multiplier is the natural successor to the SF.  Its just the next step in the process of maintaining competitive balance.

You do realize that there are many p/p’s in inner-cities and blue collar parts of town who are feeling the same effects of their public counterparts? Cathedral, Roncalli, and Chatard make up a fraction of the Indiana P/P’s and have all been dominant football programs well before the arrival of COVID. Don’t be so dense.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Its clear from past reporting that thererhave been some internal struggles at Cathedral relative to the 6A issue.  I believe that if I recall correctly, former Coach Streiff wanted to move up to 6A, while members of the administative team were against the idea.  I believe this caused friction within the athletic department and contributed to Streiffs decision to walk awy from CHS.  There are many CHS  insiders here who can comment in more detail.  

Cathedral is stronger now that it was in the Streiff years.

The admin may be more open to the concept now than they were in the past.

You need another hobby, DT.  And if you didn't see the game you shouldn't try to discuss it!  You have enough other troll threads to keep you busy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, temptation said:

I, too, thought Whiteland had a fighting chance.  This’ll be the closest game Cathedral has in the tournament.

Whiteland had a decent resume, but lost by double digits to the the only team that had a semblance of the skill position players Cathedral had. Whiteland attempted three forward passes the entire game and the only one completed was to the other team. Recipe for disaster.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Whiteland had a decent resume, but lost by double digits to the the only team that had a semblance of the skill position players Cathedral had. Whiteland attempted three forward passes the entire game and the only one completed was to the other team. Recipe for disaster.

True.  I said “fighting chance.”  Thought they could keep it within 3 possessions.