Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. Whiteland - Regional Championship

Irish defense is peaking at the absolute perfect time.  

Both teams won at home on Friday - so since Cathedral is raked higher do they keep home-field advantage (Arlington) next two games before State?  I asked several people after the game Friday and no one had the same answer.

6 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Both teams won at home on Friday - so since Cathedral is raked higher do they keep home-field advantage (Arlington) next two games before State?  I asked several people after the game Friday and no one had the same answer.

Higher ranking, of course, has nothing to do with home field advantage. That would make too much sense. But Cathedral will host. You can thank the ping pong balls for that.

I've been told that this game will be played at Tech.  I think the IHSAA doesn't want schools playing on grass this late in the playoff. We've been really lucky this year weather wise.  I hope it continues.  

Can anyone verify that this game is indeed at Tech?

5 hours ago, Dave007 said:

If Cathedral wins, they’ll be on the road at Jeffersonville or Castle the following week

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

I've been told that this game will be played at Tech.  I think the IHSAA doesn't want schools playing on grass this late in the playoff. We've been really lucky this year weather wise.  I hope it continues.  

Can anyone verify that this game is indeed at Tech?

Arlington is such a great home-field advantage for many reasons but playing at Tech does make logical sense given we are mid-November and all it takes is a few days of rain/cold weather to make that grass playing surface like stone.  Weather this week looks fantastic anyway but will be a cold one Friday night!!

4 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Cathedral in a pick the score game. Whiteland is very good.. Cathedral is very very very good. Hope for an injury free game for everyone involved. 

This one could be setting up as the colossal upset of the season, maybe the decade.  

If ever a team could sneak up on Cathedral, it would be Whiteland.  They are solid in every aspect of the game.  Big and strong.  Very athletic

They will be sky high after pounding New Pal   Darrin Fisher's teams do not get intimidated.  They will meet Cathedral head on and goe toe to toe

Edited by DT

39 minutes ago, DT said:

This one could be setting up as the colossal upset of the season, maybe the decade.  

If ever a team could sneak up on Cathedral, it would be Whiteland.  They are solid in every aspect of the game.  Big and strong.  Very athletic

They will be sky high after pounding New Pal   Darrin Fisher's teams do not get intimidated.  They will meet Cathedral head on and goe toe to toe

Whiteland had one loss this year which was to Decatur Central.   Doesn't mean anything now, and agree will be a good game but no doubt Irish are not looking past Friday whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, RLS1 said:

They said the game was at Tech on the radio broadcast.Would have been at New Pal had they won.

OK, that's where I heard that.  I usually listen to the Irish radio broadcast on the way home.  I knew that Whiteland was a Cathedral home game and New Pal was out there.  I haven't seen anything on the Cathedral website or anywhere else but our broadcast team would know the scoop for sure.  They're really outstanding!

1 hour ago, DT said:

sorry Whiteland...kiss of death

name your wager DT

1 hour ago, DT said:

Yes it would be colossal. Which is why it won’t happen. Cathedral has gone “toe-to-toe” with 6 teams this year that are better than Whiteland.... and beat 5 of them. 

3 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Yes it would be colossal. Which is why it won’t happen. Cathedral has gone “toe-to-toe” with 6 teams this year that are better than Whiteland.... and beat 5 of them. 

Are you leaving out Bishop Chatard from you list of teams that were good?  They were no slouch, believe me!

Just now, Bobref said:

Calpreps Project a Matchup says Whiteland would beat Elder by 3 pts. on a neutral field.

I haven't seen Whiteland yet and it wasn't the best Elder team that I had seen.  I don't doubt that.  Maybe I just have too much pent up respect for the GCL.

1 minute ago, PHJIrish said:

I haven't seen Whiteland yet and it wasn't the best Elder team that I had seen.  I don't doubt that.  Maybe I just have too much pent up respect for the GCL.

I was surprised to see that, too. No disrespect to Whiteland.

St X vs Pickerington Central for the Ohio Division 1 Championship Friday night in Columbus.  

THis would be very similar to a Cathedral vs Warren Central type title matchup.

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Calpreps Project a Matchup says Whiteland would beat Elder by 3 pts. on a neutral field.

Whiteland is one of the most physical teams you will see play at any level.  That is a hallmark of their program going back 15 years.  

If they can somehow nuetralize Cathedrals skill athletes, thay can hand in the game and keep it close.  

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Whiteland is one of the most physical teams you will see play at any level.  That is a hallmark of their program going back 15 years.  

If they can somehow nuetralize Cathedrals skill athletes, thay can hand in the game and keep it close.  

Let’s say I agree with your “most physical teams at any level”. In Fisher’s now 16 seasons as head coach they have won 3 sectionals. And who took them out all 3 times in the regional? You guessed it. And none of them were close. How do you justify your claim?

• Like 1

Since the Week 3 loss, Whiteland has been as impressive as almost any other team in the state

That team is going to come in lazer focused with a HUGE chip on their shoulder.   Watch out CHS.  

5A 14 E-MAIL CORRECTIONS FOOTBALL FIELD 9-1
TOURNAMENT HISTORY
WHITELAND
WARRIORS
Coach: Darrin Fisher, 112-66 in 16th year at school, 173-138 in 30th year overall

DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 40.1, DA 13.7
Aug. 21 at Columbus East 6A W 28 21    
Aug. 29 at Gibson Southern 3A W 24 7    
Sep. 4 at Decatur Central 5A © L 14 27    
Sep. 11   Franklin 5A © W 45 21    
Sep. 18   Perry Meridian 6A © W 48 0    
Sep. 25 at Martinsville 4A © W 38 0    
Oct. 2   Mooresville 4A © W 41 35 OT  
Oct. 9 at Plainfield 5A © W 49 13    
Oct. 30   Seymour 5A W 66 0   Sectional 14
Nov. 6   New Palestine 5A W 48 13   Sectional 14
Nov. 13 at Indianapolis Cathedral 5A 7:00 pm