Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A #1 Andrean @ #3 Pioneer

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I assume you’re speaking of the tragic death of Declan Sullivan while filming football practice 10 years ago. There was never any lawsuit. The Sullivan family remains a valued part of the larger Notre Dame family.

Yes Bobref, that's the one. Thank you for clarifying. I stand corrected on the lawsuit issue but not the total negligence of the university. If something like that happened on a high school football in today's world, I doubt any school corporation would survive the onslaught of lawsuits from such an egregious decision to use a scissor lift. 

Edited by Laces_Out_Dan

7 minutes ago, Laces_Out_Dan said:

Yes Bobref, that's the one. Thank you for clarifying. I stand corrected on the lawsuit issue but not the total negligence of the university. If something like that happened on a high school football in today's world, I doubt any school corporation would survive the onslaught of lawsuits from such an egregious decision to use a scissor lift. 

Yes, the University commissioned an independent investigation which found several instances of safety code violations and/or unsafe practices in connection with the decision to employ the hydraulic lift platform to film practice that day, all of which ND made public immediately. I believe they also paid an OSHA fine of $70K or so. 

And no personal injury or wrongful death suit could bankrupt a school corporation in Indiana. We have a Tort Claims Act that limits the max recovery against a governmental entity. And all municipalities are insured up to that limit.

Edited by Bobref

On 11/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, MarshallCounty said:

If 2020 had taught me anything, this year doesn't care what we deserve.

What a game. Both teams battled until the end. 

ALL those kids deserved a huge game and atmosphere like this. 

One of those games that it’s too bad someone had to lose. 

D7C2B1DC-DF65-40D5-B88E-983C607418A2.png

• Like 1

Congratulations to Pioneer.  They believed and showed up to do what they do.  The Lewellen's showed out and the other players did what they are drilled to do so the team can have success.

With that said, Andrean should be embarrassed.  From the game plan they employed from the start and the attitude they approached the game with.  No sense of urgency until it was too late.  If they play the whole game the way they did in the last 9 minutes; they win.  

2 hours ago, LionKing said:

Congratulations to Pioneer.  They believed and showed up to do what they do.  The Lewellen's showed out and the other players did what they are drilled to do so the team can have success.

With that said, Andrean should be embarrassed.  From the game plan they employed from the start and the attitude they approached the game with.  No sense of urgency until it was too late.  If they play the whole game the way they did in the last 9 minutes; they win.  

As an Andrean fan and former player, I completely agree. Team played terribly and had a terrible game plan. Seemingly refusing to take advantage of outside matchups early, instead continuously running straight into a 7-man box. Offensive line play embarrassing. Horrible turnovers and penalties. Defense seemingly hadn’t watched a snap of Pioneer offensive film. To say that they didn’t deserve to win is an understatement. Worst part of this loss is that the team will not be anywhere near as good the next few years. Squandered the best team they’ve had in about 6 years, and most likely for another 6 years. Things won’t change at this program until the school hires an actual football coach and doesn’t just make some alumni who played football there and teaches biology the football coach because they don’t want to pay another person. Unfortunately with the nepotism and cheapness at this school I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s coach for life. They better hope that the relocation actually works out or I genuinely feel this will be the last time in a long time that Andrean is mentioned as a top team in the class they play in. End of rant but I’m disgusted. 

• Like 1