Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2021 Outlook: Over/Under 3.5

11 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Fortunate to make it to State?  Webo Dominated everyone in the South of 2A.  HC gave them some problems in the 1st half, but Webo still won by 2 scores.  Yes, they needed a FG to win state, but Webo had the ball 32 of the 48 minutes.  

Come on man, you know it was a fluke.  Just like them other two times too.  You guys are just "lucky" that Eastbrook didn't score another 15 points in 2018 and don't even get me started on the "luck" you guys needed to escape the possible 38 extra second half points that could have been snuck in on you. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

Concordia losses a ton of seniors

Tim Mannigel returns. The road to Indy got much easier with Chatard bumping up to 4A. Not saying another team won't stand in the way, just better chances of getting there. 

On 11/30/2020 at 8:28 PM, BTF said:

Over/Under 2.5.   Number of SAC teams playing in Indy next year on Thanksgiving weekend. I'll take the over. Luers in 2a (no one will stop them). Concordia in 3a (Chatard bumps up paving the way for the Cadets). Dwenger in 4a. Snider in 5a. 

5A North:

In: Snider

Out: Zionsville, Dwenger, Valpo

Really? Snider vs Cathedral for the state championship. Mark it down. 

Alright, I'll be waiting for the August 20th kickoff !! Could be hard for the SAC, I hear they are really trending down the last few years. 

6 hours ago, Screagle said:

Memorial makes another deep run. Return all but 3 starters from 8 win team that had Central down in sect 24 championship until last 5 seconds of the game. 

Questions about Memorial:  What will be their strength next year?  I saw another forum member state they will have a big line coming back, but they seemed to have a lot of problems running the ball.  (93 yards/game)  Pence did not have a lot of yards, but seemed to not make a lot of mistakes (17/2 TD/INT ratio).  What do they do without him?

South side of the bracket has teams that have some known strengths (East Central/Roncall = Running, Mooresville QB throws a nice ball, as does Mt Vernon (Fortville))

On 11/30/2020 at 9:55 PM, Purdue Pete said:

Danville (Along with GS, LB, etc) could return their entire team and not challenge Marian.  Will have to see how sectional 28 shakes out next year but top 5 teams in 3A were from the north in 3a this year.  South was a joke.

Although this senior class was small, Marian will be losing most of their skill position talent, as well as a couple of their defensive playmakers.  I wouldn't use pen in putting Marian as the North representative next year.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:14 PM, Knightmare said:

Does anyone else see that this is a problem?  We have the same 4 champions in 6A and P/P are over represented in State Titles compared to the number of P/P schools in the state.  If you remove the Big 4 in 6A and all P/P from State Title leaders, here is your list:

. . . 

Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater, Valdosta State, Northwest Missouri State, and North Dakota State all strenuously object to your position that there should be competitive balance in football.    

48 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater, Valdosta State, Northwest Missouri State, and North Dakota State all strenuously object to your position that there should be competitive balance in football.    

There doesn't need to be competitive balance in COLLEGE football where teams RECRUIT against each other.  All of the colleges and universities have equal access to student athletes.  You're telling me Pike Central can go out and recruit all over the country like those college teams mentioned?  That logic doesn't make sense to me

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

There doesn't need to be competitive balance in COLLEGE football where teams RECRUIT against each other.  All of the colleges and universities have equal access to student athletes.  You're telling me Pike Central can go out and recruit all over the country like those college teams mentioned?  That logic doesn't make sense to me

My only point is that football lends itself to dominance by a few teams regardless of the level at which it is played.  There is something about the variables that lead to success in football which are difficult to replicate among more than a few teams.  I'm not sure why that is, just that it is a fact that exists for whatever reason.