Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A lot of noise coming from south east indy this off season. I think Franklin Central football is back on the map. They are going to ruin a lot of teams seasons this year. I'm gonna say that they will be, by far, the most improved team in the state. Look out 6A!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope so.  They got their “million dollar man”, lol.

I’m setting the over/under at 2.5 wins so yes, they will at least DOUBLE last year’s win total making your claim partially true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 4:37 AM, FBfanatic40 said:

A lot of noise coming from south east indy this off season. I think Franklin Central football is back on the map. They are going to ruin a lot of teams seasons this year. I'm gonna say that they will be, by far, the most improved team in the state. Look out 6A!

Well, I'll say I admire your passion for Franklin Central football. But, how do you measure when a teams season is ruined or who the most improved team in the state is? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 4:37 AM, FBfanatic40 said:

A lot of noise coming from south east indy this off season. I think Franklin Central football is back on the map. They are going to ruin a lot of teams seasons this year. I'm gonna say that they will be, by far, the most improved team in the state. Look out 6A!

Why do you say this? What’s the reasoning? Varsity only won 1 game last year and JV got beat up badly from what I heard. I never attended a game of theirs, but I think it will be difficult for them to change that quick. I know it’s a new staff with a winning head coach, but there are a lot of moving parts. I’d like to hear your reasoning and those specific noises you are hearing from the south East.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Franklin Central is to the HCC as is Perry Meridian to the Mid State.

Both are conference bottom dwellers with poor recent history and 7 better programs above them to jump ahead of.

The odds are stacked heavily against both.  

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 4:37 AM, FBfanatic40 said:

A lot of noise coming from south east indy this off season. I think Franklin Central football is back on the map. They are going to ruin a lot of teams seasons this year. I'm gonna say that they will be, by far, the most improved team in the state. Look out 6A!

As a former Franklin Central teacher, I'd love to see it. Franklin Central is supported by a special community, but, unless Center Grove is hit by a ton of injuries, there's no way they are getting out of Sectional anytime soon. Yeah, Coach West is a great football coach and has proved that at both his HC stops, but this is a heavier rebuild, IMO. Wish him well though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When FC hired WC's basketball coach, I heard that some WC talent followed him.  I also had heard that this started happening on the football team prior to the new coaching hire.  Wonder if this will happen to a larger degree with the coaching change??

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, fenderbender said:

When FC hired WC's basketball coach, I heard that some WC talent followed him.  I also had heard that this started happening on the football team prior to the new coaching hire.  Wonder if this will happen to a larger degree with the coaching change??

It's possible. Those guys that liked Coach West may move to follow him. I'd think those considering a "move" might want to hedge their bets since Kirsch was the hire to replace West.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

It's possible. Those guys that liked Coach West may move to follow him. I'd think those considering a "move" might want to hedge their bets since Kirsch was the hire to replace West.

“Might want”?

No comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing Jayson personally, there will not be a lot of kids "moving with him".  He is about as pure as it gets.  He will work with the township he has and go get kids to play that have not been.  This is what made him successful at Lawrence Central prior to WC.  

I know the youth numbers are up by almost 150 kids which is a huge number.  He is doing a good job within the community, along with their current strength coach.  FC could begin the long process of being a top contender based on what the township is giving them now.  However, that is going to take a long time given how big they already are. I can see them going from a dootstop, to a tough win fairly quickly.  Just will be hard to get moving too fast in that conference for sure.  I live in the township, and I wish them nothing but the best, but will still send my kids to Prague Road for High School.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RetiredOfficial03 said:

Knowing Jayson personally, there will not be a lot of kids "moving with him".  He is about as pure as it gets.  He will work with the township he has and go get kids to play that have not been.  This is what made him successful at Lawrence Central prior to WC.  

I know the youth numbers are up by almost 150 kids which is a huge number.  He is doing a good job within the community, along with their current strength coach.  FC could begin the long process of being a top contender based on what the township is giving them now.  However, that is going to take a long time given how big they already are. I can see them going from a dootstop, to a tough win fairly quickly.  Just will be hard to get moving too fast in that conference for sure.  I live in the township, and I wish them nothing but the best, but will still send my kids to Prague Road for High School.  

Kirschner = Nick Saban

West = Jeremy Pruitt

ZERO comparison.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling FC is going to surprise some people.  The HCC seems to be in a bit of a down cycle.  Perhaps FC is ready to strike at just the right time.  They seem to be going all in on this effort, and if the increased turnout reports are accurate, they could make a quick move up in the conference.  

Does FC still have a grass field?

Edited by DT
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DT said:

I have a feeling FC is going to surprise some people.  The HCC seems to be in a bit of a down cycle.  Perhaps FC is ready to strike at just the right time.  They seem to be going all in on this effort, and if the increased turnout reports are accurate, they could make a quick move up in the conference.  

Does FC still have a grass field?

No, they actually have a pretty nice stadium with turf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DT said:

I have a feeling FC is going to surprise some people.  The HCC seems to be in a bit of a down cycle.  Perhaps FC is ready to strike at just the right time.  They seem to be going all in on this effort, and if the increased turnout reports are accurate, they could make a quick move up in the conference.  

Does FC still have a grass field?

Wanna double down on the Noblesville bet?

Over/under 3.5 wins...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 10:18 AM, DT said:

I have a feeling FC is going to surprise some people.  The HCC seems to be in a bit of a down cycle.  Perhaps FC is ready to strike at just the right time.  They seem to be going all in on this effort, and if the increased turnout reports are accurate, they could make a quick move up in the conference.  

Does FC still have a grass field?

That's funny considering I remember a long thread started sometime last year about how the HCC was on the verge of supplanting the MIC and it would be wise for Center Grove and Carmel to get out of dodge as quick as they could. Now the HCC is on a bit of a down cycle? What gives?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That's funny considering I remember a long thread started sometime last year about how the HCC was on the verge of supplanting the MIC and it would be wise for Center Grove and Carmel to get out of dodge as quick as they could. Now the HCC is on a bit of a down cycle? What gives?

Speaking of said thread, found it and it is a gem. Guest (old Temptation account) did you welch on your bet? Or did you forget?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Speaking of said thread, found it and it is a gem. Guest (old Temptation account) did you welch on your bet? Or did you forget?

 

Nice to see you’ve come back for more lessons/punishment.

I disagree that the HCC is on any sort of down cycle with perhaps the exception of Brownsburg.

Westfield - the Center Grove of the north suburbs in the coming years and favorite in 6A north
 

Zionsville - Stud OL kid heading to South Bend, a legitimate contender to represent the north in 5A

Avon - a young nucleus, well coached team that will improve with experience

Hamilton Southeastern/Fishers - broke in brand new coaches during a pandemic and will only continue to improve with a full year under their belts

Brownsburg - 2021 will be a true test of Hart’s coaching ability with the exodus of talent that they suffered, still loaded with unproven guys though

Franklin Central/Noblesville - both have finally gone all in and pushed their chips to the middle of the table with their commitment to football, will continue to take their lumps in the short term though

 

Look, you’ve made it blatantly obvious that you are blind to the changing socioeconomics and demographics that make up central Indiana but you cannot deny the fact that the gap continues to close.  A decade ago the HCC wasn’t even close and now they are winning their fair share of regular season matchups.

While I will continue to agree that no one will take them seriously until they knock MIC teams from the tournament in October and November, the facts are right in front of your face dude.

It’s the same old story in the MIC every year.

Carmel and Center Grove continue to reload and distance themselves from the rest of the conference.

Warren/Ben Davis boast athletes galore and continue to stay afloat based on their large enrollment advantage.

Lawrence North and North Central head up the middle of the conference but no one will take them seriously until they put a dent in the top four.  (Hell, Lawrence North possibly had the two best skill position players in the conference last year and couldn’t even win the sectional.)

Lawrence Central and Pike are after thoughts and have absolutely zero to offer in terms of exciting their fanbases.

Yet another swing and a miss from you.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Nice to see you’ve come back for more lessons/punishment.

I disagree that the HCC is on any sort of down cycle with perhaps the exception of Brownsburg.

Westfield - the Center Grove of the north suburbs in the coming years and favorite in 6A north
 

Zionsville - Stud OL kid heading to South Bend, a legitimate contender to represent the north in 5A

Avon - a young nucleus, well coached team that will improve with experience

Hamilton Southeastern/Fishers - broke in brand new coaches during a pandemic and will only continue to improve with a full year under their belts

Brownsburg - 2021 will be a true test of Hart’s coaching ability with the exodus of talent that they suffered, still loaded with unproven guys though

Franklin Central/Noblesville - both have finally gone all in and pushed their chips to the middle of the table with their commitment to football, will continue to take their lumps in the short term though

 

Look, you’ve made it blatantly obvious that you are blind to the changing socioeconomics and demographics that make up central Indiana but you cannot deny the fact that the gap continues to close.  A decade ago the HCC wasn’t even close and now they are winning their fair share of regular season matchups.

While I will continue to agree that no one will take them seriously until they knock MIC teams from the tournament in October and November, the facts are right in front of your face dude.

It’s the same old story in the MIC every year.

Carmel and Center Grove continue to reload and distance themselves from the rest of the conference.

Warren in Ben Davis most athletes galore and continue to stay afloat based on they are large enrollment advantage.

Lawrence North and North Central head up the middle of the conference but no one will take them seriously until they put a dent in the top four.  (Hell, Lawrence North possibly had the two best skill position players in the conference last year and couldn’t even win the sectional.)

Lawrence Central and Pike are after thoughts and have absolutely zero to offer in terms of exciting their fanbases.

Yet another swing and a miss from you.

Typical and expected response from a loudmouth. How'd that All-MIC Final in BOTH sports turn out? You become a booster yet? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Typical and expected response from a loudmouth. How'd that All-MIC Final in BOTH sports turn out? You become a booster yet? 

Way to gloss over every fact I mentioned and resort to a “my dad could beat your dad up” level joke.


“Cathedral simply outworks every other team in the state.”

Now go away.

Edited by temptation
Link to post
Share on other sites

Westfield played Center Grove tougher than any MIC school did last year.

Zionsville played Cathedral tougher than Carmel did.

Soon these moral victories will turn into actual on the field victories, it’s just a matter of time.

In fact, I will go on the record as stating Westfield wins a football state championship before Warren or Ben Davis wins their next one.

Mark the tape.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Westfield played Center Grove tougher than any MIC school did last year.

Zionsville played Cathedral tougher than Carmel did.

Soon these moral victories will turn into actual on the field victories, it’s just a matter of time.

In fact, I will go on the record as stating Westfield wins a football state championship before Warren or Ben Davis wins their next one.

Mark the tape.

You going to pay up this time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...