Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 24

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial shouldn’t have any problems with Central

It’s tournament time and I’m guessing the staff will remind players that Central has owned the Tigers the past few years. Something like 3-5 dating back to 2016 season.  

24 minutes ago, Screagle said:

It’s tournament time and I’m guessing the staff will remind players that Central has owned the Tigers the past few years. Something like 3-5 dating back to 2016 season.  

Yea, and the sectional championship lost last year too, which I’m sure Hurley will bring up. Fun Fact, in the last 38 meetings between the Tigers and Bears, it is knotted at 19-19

Edited by TigerFan20

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yea, and the sectional championship lost last year too, which I’m sure Hurley will bring up. Fun Fact, in the last 38 meetings between the Tigers and Bears, it is knotted at 19-19

This will the 104th meeting of the schools in football, which ties for the most games Memorial has played against one opponent (with Bosse).  Memorial holds the overall lead 61-40-2. Central has won 9 of 16 in the Hurley era (since 2008) at Memorial.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southend said:

Goin with faves! I see. Wise man

Memorial is a fairly easy pick, since Central is having a bad year. And a revenge game from last year’s postseason. Like I said in the SIAC thread, Central could get some nice plays, but their depth is a problem. Memorial needs to be careful not to fumble the ball inside their own 20 or failing punt/KO returns in the rain.

Northview may have its hands full with  a player like Jay Smith. Although they handled Jasper’s rushing attack pretty well, but Reitz has been struggling defending the run this season. Reitz could get some stops early on, but #9 on NV is such a great player. And I just don’t see Reitz fully stopping NV on the run. With the game at NV, the Knights are hyped up and ready to roll to the final. However, Reitz did come back against Boonville in a shootout. But I think NV does come out a top, as they are playing some darn good football right now.

With the weather looking iffy, these games could get interesting. 

13 minutes ago, southend said:

Last home stand for Northview. They need to go out with a victory.  Fans need to show up .

Planning to go up there Friday, the last time we were there, the crowd atmosphere was pretty good. But since this is there first ever Sectional Championship appearance yet, their Home Side should be packed.

One advantage Memorial/Northview both have is that both teams are pretty familiar with each other’s O/D Lines. Since Memorial’s lines are the same from last year and NV returned 4 starters on their OLine/ 2 on their DLine. Both teams have explosive players on both sides off the ball, especially NV’s speedy QB. May try to to an in depth review sometime mid week, since this is the 3rd matchup between the schools and 2nd home game for NV

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

Little Preview:

Series history: 2-0 Memorial 

2019 24-0 Memorial 

2020 28-6 Memorial

Memorial has averaged against NV(Total offensive yardage from 2019 and 2020) 

Passing: 197.5 YPG CP%0.513 

Rushing: 119 YPG 5.25 YPC

Total: 316.5 YPG

NV has averaged against Memorial

Passing: 102 YPG CP%0.4775

Rushing: 114 YPG 3.05 YPC

Total: 216 YPG 

Edited by TigerFan20

I assume WREF 97.7 will cover either the S40 (MD/NP) or S32 (GS/HH) game on Friday. Does anyone from Brazil know if Northview has a radio station that will be streaming the game? I could put a link on our Memorial Football FB page.   

23 minutes ago, tango said:

I assume WREF 97.7 will cover either the S40 (MD/NP) or S32 (GS/HH) game on Friday. Does anyone from Brazil know if Northview has a radio station that will be streaming the game? I could put a link on our Memorial Football FB page.   

Pretty sure they use 106.9 FM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

The Evansville newspaper says Heritage Hills at Gibson Southern will be on WVJC 89.1FM and WAXL-103.3FM. North Posey at Mater Dei will be on WREF-97.7FM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tango said:

Saw a tweet from Northview AD that the game will NOT be streamed. 

Judging by the tweets, looks like the entire town will be there. As well as one of the local companies giving our free tickets for students, which will be rocking all game long

15 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Little Preview:

Series history: 2-0 Memorial 

2019 24-0 Memorial 

2020 28-6 Memorial

Memorial has averaged against NV(Total offensive yardage from 2019 and 2020) 

Passing: 197.5 YPG CP%0.513 

Rushing: 119 YPG 5.25 YPC

Total: 316.5 YPG

NV has averaged against Memorial

Passing: 102 YPG CP%0.4775

Rushing: 114 YPG 3.05 YPC

Total: 216 YPG 

Wow by his past history it seems like a beat down by Evansville