Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 24

43 minutes ago, southend said:

Wow by his past history it seems like a beat down by Evansville 

These 2 Meetings heavily favored Memorial by a lot. Although Friday might have a different outcome, this is good representation of what happens yardage wise when the teams meet. Defensively, Memorial has like 5 recovered Turnovers against NV (2 INT, 3 Fumbles). But, I’m pretty much Sure NV forced 2 fumbles against us too. Expecting an dog fight from this, due to new players and NV being an hot streak right now, however, we should have a familiarity against their O-Line as it appears it’s the same from last year’s matchup. Same thing can be said with NV’s D-Line and our O-line

Edited by TigerFan20

Memorial’s season Overall

Offense: 

Passing yards: 145.2 YPG CP% 0.64

Rushing Yards: 169.1 YPG 5.9 YPC 

Total: 314.3 YPG/35.1 PPG

Tons of weapons on Memorial’s side ranging from 5-7 players. And with Senior WR Dominic Norman returning, Memorial just added another big addition. But it seems like Memorial is known with their rushing attack duo in Brodie and Tyler. But also behind a massive O-line and a speedy QB in Ellspermann.

Defense: 

Passing (allowed): 86.36 YPG 

Rushing (allowed): 76.55 YPG

Total: 172.36 YPG/ 11.4 PPG

After the Jasper game, Memorial’s defense has been pretty stout all season. Strong Passing and Attacking Defense has been pivotal to Memorial’s defense. A long with players in the Farmer Brothers, Russell, Shea, Johnson, and others who have contributed. And of course, DC Johnson, who has been amazing these last couple of years 

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I wish my team was still alive, but the cold would be welcome after 3 weeks of pouring rain.

A lot better than 23 degree weather and raining ice back in 2017, from what I heard from the Danville game 

Edited by TigerFan20

Northview's season overall: 

Offense: 

Passing: 117.1 YPG CP% 0.600 

Rushing: 236.7 YPG 6.3 YPC 

Total: 353.9 YPG/35.2 PPG 

Just like Memorial, Northview has an offense capable of putting up points in their matchups. Lead by dual threat QB Dillion White behind his physical O-line to push defenders. As White's quickness can bring some damage from above and on the ground if he escapes. But has multiple weapons like RB Cherry, TE Sampson, WR Bonomo, and plenty of others to choose from. 

Defense (Jasper game not included, no available stats, only counted 9 games): 

Passing (allowed): 94.78 YPG 

Rushing (allowed): 134 YPG

Total: 228.78 YPG/14.1 PPG 

Northview's D has been very solid these last few games, as they have been great. In tackling, TE/LB Sampson leads the way with 119 recorded tackles, who had 21 tackles against Reitz! While DE Torbert has been sack heavy with 7 sacks on the season. This Northview Defense love creating Turnovers, as they have an total of 30 forced Turnovers so far on the season. They will give Memorial's O, all types of problems tomorrow. 

It's going to be a 4 quarter battle in Brazil. Memorial has to be ready from the opening kick after 2 weeks of lopsided wins. Northview has momentum, the "disrespected" chip on their shoulder, and will be in front of a huge home crowd as they seek their 1st Sectional title. Memorial will be at full strength for the 1st time, and I like that our kids have played in a game like this before. I'll take Memorial 34 - 23.

21 minutes ago, tango said:

It's going to be a 4 quarter battle in Brazil. Memorial has to be ready from the opening kick after 2 weeks of lopsided wins. Northview has momentum, the "disrespected" chip on their shoulder, and will be in front of a huge home crowd as they seek their 1st Sectional title. Memorial will be at full strength for the 1st time, and I like that our kids have played in a game like this before. I'll take Memorial 34 - 23.

6 years in a row and mainly on the road for the sectional championship game, except for last year. Tons of experience playing away 

29 minutes ago, tango said:

Sure 

7 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

6 years in a row and mainly on the road for the sectional championship game, except for last year. Tons of experience playing away 

Yes

23 minutes ago, southend said:

I was on for this game. Northview had not been on he big stage like memorial. 

Memorial dominated the game pretty well, Kickoff returns are a concerned, also some unnecessary penalties. But it was one fine game, Nv has some dudes on that team 

Edited by TigerFan20

Uggg.. long drive home... great crowd, facility, and the NV band burger is pretty darn good. The difference was the Tigers' D, which never really let the Knights get anything going. Haven't seen any stats yet, but held Cherry in check and kept pressure on the QB. Northview has a darn good team that was much improved over recent teams we faced and certainly have raised the bar for future teams. 

3 hours ago, tango said:

Uggg.. long drive home... great crowd, facility, and the NV band burger is pretty darn good. The difference was the Tigers' D, which never really let the Knights get anything going. Haven't seen any stats yet, but held Cherry in check and kept pressure on the QB. Northview has a darn good team that was much improved over recent teams we faced and certainly have raised the bar for future teams. 

I’m curious how much total yardage NV gained before that last drive against JV.  Memorial’s D showed up to play.

Hope Xavier is OK.