Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New MIC Opponents 2023

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I could also throw in Zionsville and Dwenger for fun. 

Dwenger was the  SAC's 5th best team. They just had a good game in the sectional championship that allowed them to play Zionsville. No one expected the Saints to beat the Eagles this past season. They had their shot in 2020 and blew it. Saints win that game 9 times out of 10. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BTF said:

You're telling all the posters on this forum that Fort Wayne can't compete with Indy. I'm simply telling you that the SAC's 6th best team in 2020 took one of Indy's best to the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Thought I already explained that. 

I get that the SAC's top have fallen big to the MIC and HCC. My argument is that the top half of the HCC and MIC seem to be on another level. You're argument is that the entirety of the HCC and MIC is on another level.

I'll say 6-1. Like I said, an uphill battle. Every SAC school is playing a larger Indy school by enrollment. It'll be fun though for all involved. Kudos to Indy and Fort Wayne for making it happen.  

“I get that the SAC's top have fallen big to the MIC and HCC. My argument is that the top half of the HCC and MIC seem to be on another level. You're argument is that the entirety of the HCC and MIC is on another level.”

Yup.

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Dwenger was the  SAC's 5th best team. They just had a good game in the sectional championship that allowed them to play Zionsville. No one expected the Saints to beat the Eagles this past season. They had their shot in 2020 and blew it. Saints win that game 9 times out of 10. 

The old 9 times out of 10 argument, lol.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

“I get that the SAC's top have fallen big to the MIC and HCC. My argument is that the top half of the HCC and MIC seem to be on another level. You're argument is that the entirety of the HCC and MIC is on another level.”

Yup.

The old 9 times out of 10 argument, lol.

That's it?

18 minutes ago, psaboy said:

IMO, would need another team; Leo, East Noble, New Haven, Huntington North??

I am fascinated by this long-held belief that Warsaw should join the SAC. 

This is not directed at psaboy, but this was the last reference to this situation.  

I cannot see why any program would join a Conference that would be separated by another county, and 40+ miles from the nearest conference foe.  It would be a nightmare for the logistics of sports beyond Varsity Basketball and Football.

Other than the "size" of Warsaw HS.  I don't see the attraction for them to look eastward at the SAC as a member of the conference.  Unless and until, there's an alliance that strictly is Football specific, there will not be any reason Warsaw, or any other school to look at changing their affiliation(s).  

I would love to see an 1-69 Conference (from the Indy Donut to FW) or a Northern Indiana Conference;  Perhaps encompassing some Region schools, FW and all environs in between for FB only Friday nights.  

Edited by Yuccaguy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am fascinated by this long-held belief that Warsaw should join the SAC. 

This is not directed at psaboy, but this was the last reference to this situation.  

I cannot see why any program would join a Conference that would be separated by another county, and 40+ miles from the nearest conference foe.  It would be a nightmare for the logistics of sports beyond Varsity Basketball and Football.

Other than the "size" of Warsaw HS.  I don't see the attraction for them to look eastward at the SAC as a member of the conference.  Unless and until, there's an alliance that strictly is Football specific, there will not be any reason Warsaw, or any other school to look at changing their affiliation(s).  

I would love to see an 1-69 Conference (from the Indy Donut to FW) or a Northern Indiana Conference;  Perhaps encompassing some Region schools, FW and all environs in between for FB only Friday nights.  

I was just adding thoughts if that happened don't really care one way or the other. I may see it 5-10 years from now but the logistics for the country club sports could be hard. Teams do travel 40 miles or so in other conference setups I believe?

Edited by psaboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I was just adding thoughts if that happened don't really care one way or the other. I may see it 5-10 years from now but the logistics for the country club sports could be hard. Teams do travel 40 miles or so in other conference setups I believe?

Understood.  Again, not picking on you...just responding to the topic.  

But I don't see with the financial impact that would happen with FWCS, that they would welcome the added budgetary concerns to a school system that is located in what could be termed "a Red Area"...taxes would go up, based purely on sports beyond FB and Basketball. 

Yes teams DO travel long distances in other conferences.  But NEVER in the SAC for conference games.  

The NE8 should welcome Angola into the fold, IMO.  But when you think about travel from Angola to Huntington North, Bellmont, Norwell (I-69 makes it a bit better)....  those are some hauls.  

Jay County is the outlier in the ACAC.  But we can agree that the ACAC is a good fit for them.  Though if you looked a 'size', they are an NE8 school....again travel comes into the equation.  Garrett had that issue to an extent, then went back to the NECC.  

• Like 1

Another poster brought up the idea that Warsaw would be a good fit to the SAC. Would they be a good fit? Sure. Will it ever happen? No. Too far away. The SAC is just fine the way it is in it's current state. The two out of conference games sealed the deal.

I did find it kind of interesting that so many matchups were set up with Indy, but none from The Region. I really thought that Merrillville and Valpo would be part of the equation. 

On 2/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, Grover said:

Lots of talk on Facebook about how Merrillville wasn't afraid to play Indy area teams.  CG invited them to play in week 3 and they refused claiming their schedule was set.

The Duneland Conference has all conference games from Weeks 3 through 9. DAC teams are only available for nonconference games in Weeks 1 and 2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CB123 said:

The Duneland Conference has all conference games from Weeks 3 through 9. DAC teams are only available for nonconference games in Weeks 1 and 2.

Fascinating that no Duneland/SAC games were scheduled. Maybe Duneland has their games scheduled a few years out?

21 hours ago, CB123 said:

Yep, just like the SAC in future. I'm betting most are already committed for next few years. I know that Penn usually play two teams a year from Duneland. It would be a good haul from a Merrillville vs Snider game or any of those western DAC teams to travel to FWA and likewise for a return. US 30 is a bad ride, esp in a cheese box.

Maybe do a weekend showcase of games at ND. That would be fun??

Edited by psaboy

15 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yep, just like the SAC in future. I'm betting most are already committed for next few years. I know that Penn usually play two teams a year from Duneland. It would be a good haul from a Merrillville vs Snider game or any of those western DAC teams to travel to FWA and likewise for a return. US 30 is a bad ride, esp in a cheese box.

Maybe do a weekend showcase of games at ND. That would be fun??

Look for something BIG perhaps in Week 1 of 2023 via the SAC.....

Just my .02

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

It would be a good haul from a Merrillville vs Snider game or any of those western DAC teams to travel to FWA and likewise for a return. US 30 is a bad ride, esp in a cheese box.

Don't get me started on US 30. It's bad enough that Fort Wayne is the largest city in America without an urban expressway system. INDOT for whatever reason places no priority on an interstate between Columbus, Fort Wayne and Chicago. That's a head scratcher that I'll never be able to figure out. The state of Indiana has a goal to increase population in Northeast Indiana, so what the hell are they waiting for? Fort Wayne is the fastest growing metro in the great lake region without any help from INDOT. Imagine if INDOT jumped on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 2:06 PM, BTF said:

Don't forget Dwenger is a 4A and Zionsville should be a 6A school. 

33 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Don't forget Dwenger is a 4A and Zionsville should be a 6A school. 

But they play like a high level 5a program. So the expectation is that rumble with the best teams up north and most Indy teams.  It really is a shame that neither the 2019 team or the 2020 team made it down to Lucas. Normally a team of that caliber makes it to the state game. No shame losing to that Valpo team though, they were darn good. Still scratching my head as to how they lost to Zionsville in 2020 though. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

But they play like a high level 5a program. So the expectation is that rumble with the best teams up north and most Indy teams.  It really is a shame that neither the 2019 team or the 2020 team made it down to Lucas. Normally a team of that caliber makes it to the state game. No shame losing to that Valpo team though, they were darn good. Still scratching my head as to how they lost to Zionsville in 2020 though. 

Are you ever going to get past this?

Back to the topic at hand, I’m not sure they are accurate and up to date but assuming they are, Harrell’s site has both Carmel and CG playing all 6 of the other MIC schools in 2022.

If true, this is absolutely hilarious…them wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

”If you’re too good for us, then leave…but we will still play you and not count it as a conference game so someone else can claim the conference title.”

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Back to the topic at hand, I’m not sure they are accurate and up to date but assuming they are, Harrell’s site has both Carmel and CG playing all 6 of the other MIC schools in 2022.

If true, this is absolutely hilarious…them wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

”If you’re too good for us, then leave…but we will still play you and not count it as a conference game so someone else can claim the conference title.”

I am assuming the contracts were through 2022 with  schedules already in place. I am not sure if they will compete for a MIC championship though

10 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I am assuming the contracts were through 2022 with  schedules already in place. I am not sure if they will compete for a MIC championship though

Still hilarious and bad optics.  They cut bait with all 2022 spring sports effective immediately.  Why is football different?

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

Still hilarious and bad optics.  They cut bait with all 2022 spring sports effective immediately.  Why is football different?

I'm guessing Carmel and Center Grove dominate the country club sports in the MIC?

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm guessing Carmel and Center Grove dominate the country club sports in the MIC?

DOMINATE…but they are now winning the non-country club sports (basketball, track, wrestling and football) also.

Just seems strange based on their wording during the break up.