Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Does anyone think I don’t have a right to be mad? Floyd Central blew a Sectional 2 years ago. Started 0-5 last season. They’re at 1-3 right now. They get creamed by Louisville schools every season. Haven’t beaten East since George Bush’s first term. I can’t think of one good thing that program is doing right now? They sure don’t have much trouble in all the other sports.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Idk man. It wasn’t like this under Glesing. Just saying. He didn’t beat East. But he won 7-8 games a year.

8 wins a year. Love Glesing, hell of a coach. FC ran him out too, didn’t throw it enough. You’re a joke. Stop dude. Facts not your nonsense please.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Looks pretty good to me! He inherited a terrible program!

You want his number? Wanna help since you have all the answers? Of course not. Just sit in the stands and complain about coaching. Next coach will be the same.

he wasn’t in cover 2 to the end game. It’s cover 4. They’ll have a defense meeting Sunday if you’d like to attend. 

Just now, Coachhess said:

You want his number? Wanna help since you have all the answers? Of course not. Just sit in the stands and complain about coaching. Next coach will be the same.

he wasn’t in cover 2 to the end game. It’s cover 4. They’ll have a defense meeting Sunday if you’d like to attend. 

I don’t really want to crap on the guy, because he a really good guy. But I’m upset. I’m not a parent. I played 6 years in that program. So did my Father. 4 of my Uncles. 5 of my cousins. We’ve put a lot into that program. That did not look like cover 4 and if it was, their CB definitely didn’t drop into the zone fast enough. Either way, I’m disappointed in that loss. I know I don’t matter. But I attend every game and this one was hard.

I’ve always said everyone should coach high school sports once in their life, it’ll change your perspective a little. 
I will admit to being a little surprised when I got back in the locker room tonight and saw the score. Congrats to Coach Moore and the Owls. 
@Coachhesscan you go take FK’s shovel from him? Dude when you’re in a hole quit diggin!

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Does anyone think I don’t have a right to be mad? Floyd Central blew a Sectional 2 years ago. Started 0-5 last season. They’re at 1-3 right now. They get creamed by Louisville schools every season. Haven’t beaten East since George Bush’s first term. I can’t think of one good thing that program is doing right now? They sure don’t have much trouble in all the other sports.

Coach Hess said most of it pretty well, but get over yourself, man. It's high school sports. Not college or pro. Stop making it like it's a big deal. To most people who don't play, coach or aren't parents, it's really not. You have no reason to be "mad." They're high school kids. They have a lot more on their mind that football. Leave them alone and the guys who are trying to help mold them. Stop coming on here after every loss and complaining. It is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Yea, my apologies man, there’s a reason why I don’t play the pickem. 

You’ve got nothing to apologize about. I just don’t think Jeff showed up. Unless Seymour is somehow really bad, you don’t go from nearly beating them to getting completely demolished by Mount Vernon. That’s an effort issue. Maybe blowing leads late in their first two games took all the wind out of their sails. It shouldn’t but, then again, Jeffersonville hasn’t been the most disciplined team in the HHC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frozen Tundra said:

You’ve got nothing to apologize about. I just don’t think Jeff showed up. Unless Seymour is somehow really bad, you don’t go from nearly beating them to getting completely demolished by Mount Vernon. That’s an effort issue. Maybe blowing leads late in their first two games took all the wind out of their sails. It shouldn’t but, then again, Jeffersonville hasn’t been the most disciplined team in the HHC.

You got the discipline part right, but when they can get it together they can be a dangerous team.

4 minutes ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

I was told East was in the backfield pretty much as soon as the ball was snapped. 

Yeah the Jennings County offensive line got stood up or pushed back pretty much every snap. That’s been the case a lot over the years. East isn’t as big as they used to be. We got shoved around by Whiteland and Columbus North this year. I’m guessing they took out their frustrations last night. Hopefully Jennings County can get some size and strength on their lines but I think they need a head coach that is willing to be there for the long haul to ensure that happens.

3 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah the Jennings County offensive line got stood up or pushed back pretty much every snap. That’s been the case a lot over the years. East isn’t as big as they used to be. We got shoved around by Whiteland and Columbus North this year. I’m guessing they took out their frustrations last night. Hopefully Jennings County can get some size and strength on their lines but I think they need a head coach that is willing to be there for the long haul to ensure that happens.

I agree, if I’ve learned anything about playing against East is if your not physical with them you’re in for a long night. If you are a defense lineman and you stand straight up you’re going to end up on skates. If you’re an offense lineman and you want to play patty cake with East’s defense you’re going to get embarrassed. Same goes for defenses arm tackling and blown assignments it can’t happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’ve been saying this for 40 years, I don’t think it’s going to happen. There is not a school between Indy and Louisville that produces the athletes they do. 

I really don’t understand Jeff at all. When I played they always threw the ball up in the air, constantly fumbling the ball, and just displayed some of the worst sportsmanship I’ve ever seen. They started a bench clearing brawl with JC one year I was there. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

I really don’t understand Jeff at all. When I played they always threw the ball up in the air, constantly fumbling the ball, and just displayed some of the worst sportsmanship I’ve ever seen. They started a bench clearing brawl with JC one year I was there. 

To be honest, my playing days are starting to get a little fuzzy. But my experience is they’ll have 40 guys on the roster, they will play about 15 the whole game. They have no discipline, no conditioning, no real Football skills, they just do it on athleticism. And they lose late in the game to teams that are disciplined, conditioned, and have some fundamental Football skills.
I’ve told this story 1000 times but it’s so demonstrative of the situation. We were playing at Jeff in the conference tournament. We were on the bus pulling into the athletic complex on the west side of the school. We notice a little 3 yard dumpster on the west side of the school with the lid open and flames shooting out of the top. I saw it and nudges one of the coaches behind me, if that isn’t Jeff athletics in a picture I don’t know what is.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Jeffersonville, Floyd Central, and New Albany don’t care about football. They’re basketball schools. That’s why they aren’t very good. These guys hire coaches that wouldn’t even get an interview at East. I’m not being an A-hole, but that’s reality. Sorry if it offends anyone.

Dude seriously I’ve listened to you bash coaches and administrators as long as you’ve been here. It’s not like people are standing in line to take all of these coaching positions. I suggest you get involved and make the changes you seek. It’s easy to sit on the sidelines and bitch, put up or shut up. I see youth, MS’s, even Frosh games every day that need help. Here’s your shot to fix everything at FC. I saw Highland Hills last week, I’m sure they have another coach’s shirt to fit you. 
My guess is you’re not the type to actually do any of the work, you’re they type who would grab the ear of any school board member who’d be willing to listen. 

FYI for the group, the 8th group from Highland Hills was pretty good, their 7th grade team ran a fairly sophisticated passing scheme. This could be a group to watch. They rivaled any on the Columbus Central teams during the Kiel years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

FYI for the group, the 8th group from Highland Hills was pretty good, their 7th grade team ran a fairly sophisticated passing scheme. This could be a group to watch. They rivaled any on the Columbus Central teams during the Kiel years. 

😳

You’ve got my attention. I graduated with Drew Kiel. I remember all the hype he and my other classmates got in middle school as they went unbeaten in 7th and 8th grade. If Highland Hills is comparable then that’s definitely something to take note of.

9 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

😳

You’ve got my attention. I graduated with Drew Kiel. I remember all the hype he and my other classmates got in middle school as they went unbeaten in 7th and 8th grade. If Highland Hills is comparable then that’s definitely something to take note of.

You know me, I’ve been around and seen some things and don’t impress easily. They were pretty good. I’d like to see them in a little more competitive game than what I saw. And it’s not like I’m driving very far to see a MS game, you can do the math. 
8th grad was solid, good mix of athletes. Looks to me like a solid year or two uptick. No clue what is in front or behind these two classes. I don’t really see much HHC JV/Frosh anymore and obviously not their youth team. 
I also understand a LOT of things can happen between 7th grade and 11 grade. However this wasn’t a case of handing the ball off to the kid that went thru puberty in the 5th grade and has been held back a year. These kids had some skills. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

16 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Dude seriously I’ve listened to you bash coaches and administrators as long as you’ve been here. It’s not like people are standing in line to take all of these coaching positions. I suggest you get involved and make the changes you seek. It’s easy to sit on the sidelines and bitch, put up or shut up. I see youth, MS’s, even Frosh games every day that need help. Here’s your shot to fix everything at FC. I saw Highland Hills last week, I’m sure they have another coach’s shirt to fit you. 
My guess is you’re not the type to actually do any of the work, you’re they type who would grab the ear of any school board member who’d be willing to listen. 

Actually sir, I have coached youth football. But unfortunately I have to work a lot (50-60 hours a week) so I can’t be involved with it. I know I’m in the wrong criticizing coaches. But it’s not my fault that they do the same things over and over, expecting a different result. Example. Imagine telling people that you want to compete with the best(I.E. Louisville Male, St X, Cincinnati Elder.) And your program can only score 15 pts against Seymour? No offense to Seymour. Fine football team. I’m just making a point.