Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

New Albany has constantly shot themselves in the foot. East has looked absolutely awful this game.  Elijah Jennings is pummeling the East defense.  If East was playing any team that was even decent, they would be getting beat. This New Albany team barely beat Jennings County. They are bad this year.

Columbus East - 28

New Albany - 7

Early 3rd quarter.

East offense looked much better to start the 3rd, ran a more up-tempo offense. Javion Smith with a lot of the big yardage plays.

East defense gets a 3 and out. A much better start for Columbus East on both ends. Gault gave Jennings a big hit.

Edited by Olympian06

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Seriously Tundra, seems to be a different vibe at JC, no idea the inner workings, but there seems to be some good things going on. Hopefully the Panthers are putting the pieces together. 

Yeah I don’t doubt that. My comment was in regards to how the team has looked so far this year. As bad as Madison had been the first four weeks of the season, Jennings County looked worse and that’s why I went with Madison in that game. I know they’ve been battling some significant injury issues as well.

I’m actually looking forward to East/Floyd Central. We played 2 teams well above our level(Male, Manual.) 2 teams a little below our level(SC, Jeffersonville.) And one team that matches up evenly(Seymour.) East is a better team than Seymour. But not close to the level of the Louisville schools. I expect if there were a line, East would be favored by 14-21 pts. Something like that. So this is an opportunity to see if our guys can finally matchup with them physically. We haven’t been able to do that the last several meetings. We should be getting some guys back this week from injury, hopefully. I liked how hard they played in the 2nd half against Jeffersonville. Hopefully they’ll bring that kind of effort on Friday.