• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

33 minutes ago, LawrenceGreene said:

BNL 19

Jeff 18

Final

Wow! Sounds like Jeff choked it away.

46 minutes ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

JC playing a lot of younger guys. This game was in reach the certainly didn’t get dominated. The defense created turn overs and didn’t really give up the big play till the end. Just comes down to execution and cleaning some things up. 

Unfortunately, these are the two worst teams in the HHC. Baby steps though. Hopefully Jennings County will continue to improve.

Floyd Central 27 Silver Creek 13. This game was never in doubt. Floyd jumped out to a 14-0 lead. Creek scored at the end of the game but otherwise Floyd Centrals defense dominated them from the get go other then letting one guy get behind the secondary. Floyd Central is playing without their top 2 RBs, top WR, and RT. We expect to get those guys back in the near future. Robertson was 10-16 passing for 166 yds and 2 TDs. Andrew Gibson and Cody Bibelhauser shared carrys and had 60 yards a piece on the ground. As a team FC ran for 144 yards. They held Silver Creek to 97 yards on 37 carries. Bragg had a good gameplan. It’s clear they could’ve scored a lot more but they worked hard on their running game and some other wrinkle stuff we didn’t see in the first 2 games. Right now I’d put us 2nd in the HHC. At Seymour is the next step so I won’t even worry about East just yet. 3 weeks untill that game.

9 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Unfortunately, these are the two worst teams in the HHC. Baby steps though. Hopefully Jennings County will continue to improve.

Talked to a guy that was there, he said JC just needs about 4-5 more guys to get people off the field. Too many guys playing both ways. JC also ran into the same situation many mediocre teams do against NA, NA just out athleted them. 
Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel for the Panthers, I worked there twice last week and they scored 3 W’s in the games I worked. Beat Seymour in 7th and 8th on Tuesday night, and beat Batesville in a C game on Thursday. Don’t have a clue on any of the scores, hell I’m doing good to just remember who was playing by the time I get home. 
Understand I’m an official and I really could give two shits who wins or loses any game, I’m not going to lie, it put a smile on my face to see the Panthers have a little success. The kids seemed genuinely excited in the MS games. Good for them, I don’t think we can label this as JC’s turn around, but when you have a tradition and culture of losing, and you’re trying to change that you have to focus on little battles and little wins that you build into bigger battles and wins. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Talked to a guy that was there, he said JC just needs about 4-5 more guys to get people off the field. Too many guys playing both ways. JC also ran into the same situation many mediocre teams do against NA, NA just out athleted them. 
Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel for the Panthers, I worked there twice last week and they scored 3 W’s in the games I worked. Beat Seymour in 7th and 8th on Tuesday night, and beat Batesville in a C game on Thursday. Don’t have a clue on any of the scores, hell I’m doing good to just remember who was playing by the time I get home. 
Understand I’m an official and I really could give two shits who wins or loses any game, I’m not going to lie, it put a smile on my face to see the Panthers have a little success. The kids seemed genuinely excited in the MS games. Good for them, I don’t think we can label this as JC’s turn around, but when you have a tradition and culture of losing, and you’re trying to change that you have to focus on little battles and little wins that you build into bigger battles and wins. 

I actually saw on Twitter that they beat Batesville like 42-0 or something? I’m not positive on JCs point total but they blanked Batesville for sure. I do think that JC might have an uptick coming. And I agree with you, it does make you feel good to see a school like that have some success. Not too mention that a more competitive HHC is a better HHC.

5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I noticed that yesterday too. Their qb is also a kick returner, long snapper, and it appears he is playing db also.

The Floyd Central-Seymour game is really intriguing. Seymour typically plays pretty well at home. Floyd Central won up there 2 years ago. FC usually doesn’t play very well up there. I think a big factor in this game is Floyd’s D-Line. They were tough as heck against Creek. 6”3 350 Lb NT Isaac Hunt and 6”1 270 Lb DT Emerson Jones should have good games.

Did some research on student population growth and ranking among HHC schools. As you can see in the charts below, East and Jeff have pretty much stayed the same over the past decade. Floyd Central is growing and Seymour is booming. On the flip side, New Albany and BNL are shrinking while Jennings County is really shrinking.

On the table below, the ‘11/‘12-‘12/‘13 classification cycle doesn’t have a population number with it because I couldn’t go back that far on the IHSAA website. It only shows the rankings for that cycle. Each cycle after that contains the student population and rank, as well as the percent change from the previous cycle. The final column shows the percent change from ‘13/‘14-‘14/‘15 to now.

7DCF2842-DF6E-4506-979A-12A30F82B476.jpeg

B6EBD9E0-620F-4C40-B89A-07365120955C.jpeg

DFB3F7CB-1F74-4F0D-9EB9-98F0F8AE16AA.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Did some research on student population growth and ranking among HHC schools. As you can see in the charts below, East and Jeff have pretty much stayed the same over the past decade. Floyd Central is growing and Seymour is booming. On the flip side, New Albany and BNL are shrinking while Jennings County is really shrinking.

On the table below, the ‘11/‘12-‘12/‘13 classification cycle doesn’t have a population number with it because I couldn’t go back that far on the IHSAA website. It only shows the rankings for that cycle. Each cycle after that contains the student population and rank, as well as the percent change from the previous cycle. The final column shows the percent change from ‘13/‘14-‘14/‘15 to now.

Good stuff

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

New Albany declining is a big suprise to me. A lot of people must be moving up the hill and I just didn’t realize it. I can’t believe Jennings County is shrinking like that. Jeffersonville will always be the biggest in the conference. They’re basically building up the undeveloped side of Jeffersonville. They’ll be at 2500-2600 within 10-15 years.

Edited by Fkfootball