Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

35-7 after 3... East had 2 TD’s called back due to penalty. Need to clean it up.. East at the Floyd 2 to start the 4th. 

Columbus East - 41

Floyd Central - 7

11:22 4th Q

Impressive drive by the East backup’s. Villarreal and Parks led that charge. 

Floyd also with backups in on offense. This is what will make them better. 

Edited by Olympian06

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

East clearly the more dominate team. I feel like Floyd played them a little bit better(at least what I heard on the radio), but very clearly there is a lot more work to be done.

Floyd is severely undersized. They looked very small lining up against East. Wright is a fire cracker. Kid has a ton of speed, but the O-Line couldn’t open up any wholes for him. The Varsity D gave up there 1st TD in 9 quarters when Wright took the swing pass to the house. East offensively did anything they wanted in the 2nd half. I do like the running clock, it gets the game over much quicker. If it would have been the old rules East would have been looking at 60+. 

I thunk Floyd is moving in the right direction, just need to put some size on honestly. 

4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Floyd is severely undersized. They looked very small lining up against East. Wright is a fire cracker. Kid has a ton of speed, but the O-Line couldn’t open up any wholes for him. The Varsity D gave up there 1st TD in 9 quarters when Wright took the swing pass to the house. East offensively did anything they wanted in the 2nd half. I do like the running clock, it gets the game over much quicker. If it would have been the old rules East would have been looking at 60+. 

I thunk Floyd is moving in the right direction, just need to put some size on honestly. 

Defensively they are small. Their O-line is a little bit bigger this year but they need more time in the weight room. 4 of them are Juniors so hopefully they bulk up some more.

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Defensively they are small. Their O-line is a little bit bigger this year but they need more time in the weight room. 4 of them are Juniors so hopefully they bulk up some more.

Agreed, I did love the point where the last 9 minutes they let backup offense play. That’s how you get better. They were just gassed on D. The East back up offense ran 6 plays for 6 first downs to start the 3rd. The 3rd basically ran out after 1 series for Each team, same in the 4th as well. 

7 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Agreed, I did love the point where the last 9 minutes they let backup offense play. That’s how you get better. They were just gassed on D. The East back up offense ran 6 plays for 6 first downs to start the 3rd. The 3rd basically ran out after 1 series for Each team, same in the 4th as well. 

You guys are just physically superior. But it’s been that way for a long time. Outside of 2010, I can’t remember ever matching up with East.

Stats from tonight via the newspaper down south. 

East had 575 yards of total offense (432 in the first half) 

Mcdonald was over 125 yards rushing, Dalton Back had 5 receptions for 190 yards. 

I was very impressed with the East D holding Wright to 20 yards on 10 carries. Kid is super fast and has some good moves.. Spurgeon lead Floyd in rushing as he gained all 75 of his in the 4th quarter. Lots of quality minutes for both teams tonight that will pay off down the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Stats from tonight via the newspaper down south. 

East had 575 yards of total offense (432 in the first half) 

Mcdonald was over 125 yards rushing, Dalton Back had 5 receptions for 190 yards. 

I was very impressed with the East D holding Wright to 20 yards on 10 carries. Kid is super fast and has some good moves.. Spurgeon lead Floyd in rushing as he gained all 75 of his in the 4th quarter. Lots of quality minutes for both teams tonight that will pay off down the road.

Floyd Central can handle losing this game. But they suffered some major injuries to key players. We lost 2 guys in our Secondary and 1 on the Offensive Line. 1 of them is for sure done for the season. The other 2 might make it back before the Sectional. This was worst case scenario stuff to me. I hate injuries to any HS kid.

10 hours ago, starbacker said:

Stars lose 49-21

I was proud of these kids tonight. 

BNL has lost 9 kids to injury and not minor ones. 

Playing several freshmen

moving forward...thankful for a great and positive coaching staff. 

They fought hard. Winnable game. TH South is a school I can’t hate.

7 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central can handle losing this game. But they suffered some major injuries to key players. We lost 2 guys in our Secondary and 1 on the Offensive Line. 1 of them is for sure done for the season. The other 2 might make it back before the Sectional. This was worst case scenario stuff to me. I hate injuries to any HS kid.

There were some big time hits and stiff arms last night. I saw the kid that broke is collarbone as he dove for McDonald on the 61 yard run, it looked like he just landed wrong but he was in instant pain. It truly sucks for kids. Hopefully all of the Floyd kids have speedy recoveries. 

Edited by Olympian06

6 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

There were some big time hits and stiff arms last night. I saw the kid that broke is collarbone as he dove for McDonald on the 61 yard run, it looked like he just landed wrong but he was in instant pain. It truly sucks for kids. Hopefully all of the Floyd kids have speedy recoveries. 

I appreciate it. Unfortunately it’s just part of the game. You hate to see it happen. Floyd Central obviously doesn’t have the caliber of talent that a program like Columbus East has. But being a school of 1800 kids, they do have some decent depth. Their 2nd team guys aren’t too much worse than their 1st team guys. At least right now. I mean BNL is playing Freshman right now. NA is mostly Sophomore guys right now. There are other teams like that. Fortunately for FC, they have 27 Juniors and 12 Seniors. So they have upperclassmen depth.

Edited by Fkfootball

Floyd Central Football shared this earlier. This was written by a Columbus East fan. I think the East fans will really appreciate the class shown by both sides here.

“Below is a message from a Columbus East fan to Floyd Central Football...

I would like to say thank you for being a class act football team athletes coaches and fans. We celebrate a milestone for our Coach Gaddis and you were genuine when you all applauded him before the game started. Thank you for the respect and thank you for your class act. Signed Self Proclaimed Columbus East Football Fan. Thank you and good luck for the rest of your season and future endeavors.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central Football shared this earlier. This was written by a Columbus East fan. I think the East fans will really appreciate the class shown by both sides here.

“Below is a message from a Columbus East fan to Floyd Central Football...

I would like to say thank you for being a class act football team athletes coaches and fans. We celebrate a milestone for our Coach Gaddis and you were genuine when you all applauded him before the game started. Thank you for the respect and thank you for your class act. Signed Self Proclaimed Columbus East Football Fan. Thank you and good luck for the rest of your season and future endeavors.”

Saw majority of the Floyd kids take off there helmets before the game and applaud and give the “yes” gesture with there head when Coach Gaddis was being acknowledged 

17 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Saw majority of the Floyd kids take off there helmets before the game and applaud and give the “yes” gesture with there head when Coach Gaddis was being acknowledged 

And he deserves it. Tremendous coach. I have nothing but respect for him. It’s not his fault that the rest of the conference is up to par with him.