Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Wright is expected to be 100% for that game so that will help. Polk can hurt their defense if he has enough time. East usually wins the line of scrimmage against us. That is going to have to change. I like how we matchup but gameday is where it matters. We’ll have to stop McDonald from really getting going. I expect East to put up some points it’s just a matter of can Floyd score enough to keep up.

Parks is the key to the offense.. QB can get up and go. I think the game will be a pretty good game honestly. The offense is basically set up just like the Markell and Cowan duo. 3 headed rushing monster, McDonald and Parks doing most of the damage. They do so many fake exchanges, you have to guess which one is taking off with the ball. I think Floyd will be fine. I wish fans could be there, the Floyd students deserve to celebrate with the players if they end up stopping the streak. 

8 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Parks is the key to the offense.. QB can get up and go. I think the game will be a pretty good game honestly. The offense is basically set up just like the Markell and Cowan duo. 3 headed rushing monster, McDonald and Parks doing most of the damage. They do so many fake exchanges, you have to guess which one is taking off with the ball. I think Floyd will be fine. I wish fans could be there, the Floyd students deserve to celebrate with the players if they end up stopping the streak. 

We still have about 750 fans at every game. It’s definitely not what it normally can be though. I’m excited to play a really good East team over there. These running clock games have been boring. Lol. Hopefully it’s a good game.

As far as strategy, FC definitely is better vs the run then vs pass. I do expect that East is going to move the ball and score some points. I just hope we can avoid the 40+ yd TD runs. Big plays have killed us against East.

Edited by Fkfootball

On 9/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, Fkfootball said:

We still have about 750 fans at every game. It’s definitely not what it normally can be though. I’m excited to play a really good East team over there. These running clock games have been boring. Lol. Hopefully it’s a good game.

As far as strategy, FC definitely is better vs the run then vs pass. I do expect that East is going to move the ball and score some points. I just hope we can avoid the 40+ yd TD runs. Big plays have killed us against East.

East defense is going to have to cover receivers well and avoid the big play either from Wright or through the air. Offense needs to run effectively but make throws occasionally to keep Floyd defense honest. I expect this to be a battle unless one team or the other jumps out big early. 

24 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

East defense is going to have to cover receivers well and avoid the big play either from Wright or through the air. Offense needs to run effectively but make throws occasionally to keep Floyd defense honest. I expect this to be a battle unless one team or the other jumps out big early. 

I’m real worried about Parks. Not sure FC has seen a QB that can do the stuff with his legs like he can. This is obviously the best running team FC has seen as Elder was a prolific passing team.

Week 6 Matchups

Madison at Jeffersonville -The Cubs just won their first game. Jeffersonville has been struggling but they continue to play hard for coach Parker. They get to open up in their new stadium and I think they’ll be fired up in that one. I’m going with Jeffersonville by a score of 28-13.

Seymour at Brownstown-The battle of Jackson County. Seymour has done good things at times but Brownstown is really tough as usual. I’m going with coach Reed Mays bunch by a score of 35-21.

Connersville at Jennings County-I don’t know much about Connersville, but I don’t expect Jennings County to win a game this year. With their new facilities hopefully they’ll get better. I’m going with Connersville by a score of 28-7.

New Albany at Bloomington North-New Albany has a solid offense. But I feel like BNHS has the better team right now. They blanked BNL a few weeks ago. I’m going with Bloomington North by a score of 41-17.

BNL at THS-This is an interesting game. But I think BNL finds a way to get this one. I’ll go with the Stars by a score of 21-14.

Columbust East at Floyd Central- This is obviously the marquee matchup. Most expect this to be the HHC Championship game. East obviously rolls in with almost 2 decades of HHC supremacy. FC is a really solid and confident bunch. But make no mistake, East won’t come down here and overlook them. Coach Gaddis and his staff no doubt, have respect for Coach Braggs program. I’m expecting this game to start off competitive and then who knows where it goes from there? In a very tough head vs heart pick, I’m going with the O’s here by a score of 38-24. I hope I’m wrong though.

Edited by Fkfootball

Week 6

Bedford NL at Terre Haute South

Columbus East at Floyd Central

Connersville at Jennings County

Mitchell at Madison

New Albany at Bloomington North

Seymour at Brownstown

@Fkfootball You got ahead of the schedule for Jeff and Madison. Jeff has a bye this week since they couldn't fill week 6. Madison plays Mitchell.

On paper, this should be the closest FC/CE game in years. Maybe even enough for FC to pull it off. I am rooting for the upset to end the streak, but have to go with CE for the pick. NA seems to be sliding after a nice win to start the season against BHSS. BHSS beat BHSN but you know how that works when trying to figure out a winner. Madison is tough to peg, but coming off a nice win versus rival, JC, perhaps they have some momentum to carry them to another W. 

3 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Week 6

Bedford NL at Terre Haute South

Columbus East at Floyd Central

Connersville at Jennings County

Mitchell at Madison

New Albany at Bloomington North

Seymour at Brownstown

@Fkfootball You got ahead of the schedule for Jeff and Madison. Jeff has a bye this week since they couldn't fill week 6. Madison plays Mitchell.

On paper, this should be the closest FC/CE game in years. Maybe even enough for FC to pull it off. I am rooting for the upset to end the streak, but have to go with CE for the pick. NA seems to be sliding after a nice win to start the season against BHSS. BHSS beat BHSN but you know how that works when trying to figure out a winner. Madison is tough to peg, but coming off a nice win versus rival, JC, perhaps they have some momentum to carry them to another W. 

My bad. Must have read the date wrong.

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Week 6 Matchups

Madison at Jeffersonville -The Cubs just won their first game. Jeffersonville has been struggling but they continue to play hard for coach Parker. They get to open up in their new stadium and I think they’ll be fired up in that one. I’m going with Jeffersonville by a score of 28-13.

Seymour at Brownstown-The battle of Jackson County. Seymour has done good things at times but Brownstown is really tough as usual. I’m going with coach Reed Mays bunch by a score of 35-21.

Connersville at Jennings County-I don’t know much about Connersville, but I don’t expect Jennings County to win a game this year. With their new facilities hopefully they’ll get better. I’m going with Connersville by a score of 28-7.

New Albany at Bloomington North-New Albany has a solid offense. But I feel like BNHS has the better team right now. They blanked BNL a few weeks ago. I’m going with Bloomington North by a score of 41-17.

BNL at THS-This is an interesting game. But I think BNL finds a way to get this one. I’ll go with the Stars by a score of 21-14.

Columbust East at Floyd Central- This is obviously the marquee matchup. Most expect this to be the HHC Championship game. East obviously rolls in with almost 2 decades of HHC supremacy. FC is a really solid and confident bunch. But make no mistake, East won’t come down here and overlook them. Coach Gaddis and his staff no doubt, have respect for Coach Braggs program. I’m expecting this game to start off competitive and then who knows where it goes from there? In a very tough head vs heart pick, I’m going with the O’s here by a score of 38-24. I hope I’m wrong though.

Correction. Madison vs Mitchell. I’ll take the Cubs in that one.

Week 5 Picks

BNL (2-3) at Terre Haute South (1-4):

This one could go either way. The Braves have been smoked in all four of their losses but they have a solid win over their rival, Terre Haute North (2-3), who lost by seven to Bloomington South and by three to Bloomington North. The Stars have two wins but they’re Jennings County and Madison. I’ll take Terre Haute South.

Connersville (1-2) at Jennings County (0-5):

The Spartans got their first win since 2017 on Saturday night when they easily defeated a winless Rushville team. As luck would have it, they get another winless team to play and this one might be worse. Not much more to say here. Connersville beats the Panthers easily on homecoming night (Is that still a thing this year?) in North Vernon.

Mitchell (1-2) at Madison (1-4):

The Bluejackets had a bye last week so they’ll have had two weeks to prepare for Madison come Friday. Nevertheless, their one win was against an Eastern Greene team whose only win came against a winless Springs Valley team. Meanwhile, the Cubs have some offense. Aside from the shutout loss to Seymour, they’ve put up at least 26 points in every game. Madison is my pick.

New Albany (3-2) at Bloomington North (3-2):

Unlike the Cougars, New Albany has a win against Bloomington South this season. However, that seems to be an anomaly as the Bulldogs haven’t looked too impressive since then and Bloomington South has gone on to win their next four games. As for Bloomington North, they’ve stomped their opponents in wins against BNL and the 5A Terre Haute schools. I’m picking the Cougars.

Seymour (3-2) at Brownstown Central (3-1):

I’d have a much easier time picking this game if the Braves hadn’t been upset by a 3-2 Salem team in week 3. On the flip side, you have a Seymour team that has looked impressive in three straight wins after opening the season 0-2. They’ve gotten things figured out. However, this will be the first time Coach Moore has played Brownstown and their unique offense. If he has the answers to it in just his first game against them then I’ll be shocked. The Braves get the W.

Columbus East (3-2) at Floyd Central (4-1):

Saved this one for last. The Olympians have won 92 straight conference games as well as 103 straight games against conference opponents when including postseason play. I was a senior at East the last time they lost a game against an HHC team. The program turned around in 2004 and I was at the game for their week 2 win at Columbus North. When it happened, I felt like we had something special. We began HHC play against Seymour the next week and from that game on, I’ve never felt like East was going to lose a conference game (even when they lost at BNL in 2006). Have I been nervous going into games at times? Yes, but I always figured East would find a way to win. I say all of that to say this. I’m picking the Highlanders to beat East. Might get killed for saying it but I’m saying it. Other than the win at Columbus North in week 2, I haven’t been that impressed with my team. Offensively, Floyd Central is a less-talented Elkhart team and we really struggled against their two-dimensional offense. Defensively, I thought we did a great job controlling the line of scrimmage against North but I was completely underwhelmed last Friday when New Albany ran all over us. If they didn’t keep stabbing themselves in the foot in the red zone then it would’ve been a closer game. That’s the key against Floyd Central. If our defensive line can’t get any penetration, plug the holes, and get pressure on the QB then we’re sunk. Based on what I saw last week and against a two-dimensional offense like Elkhart’s, I have almost no confidence. Maybe Coach Gaddis pulls something out of his hat like he has done with tough opponents in the past and has the boys prepared. However, I’m not going off of what we’ve done in past seasons. I’m going off of this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 5 Picks

BNL (2-3) at Terre Haute South (1-4):

This one could go either way. The Braves have been smoked in all four of their losses but they have a solid win over their rival, Terre Haute North (2-3), who lost by seven to Bloomington South and by three to Bloomington North. The Stars have two wins but they’re Jennings County and Madison. I’ll take Terre Haute South.

Connersville (1-2) at Jennings County (0-5):

The Spartans got their first win since 2017 on Saturday night when they easily defeated a winless Rushville team. As luck would have it, they get another winless team to play and this one might be worse. Not much more to say here. Connersville beats the Panthers easily on homecoming night (Is that still a thing this year?) in North Vernon.

Mitchell (1-2) at Madison (1-4):

The Bluejackets had a bye last week so they’ll have had two weeks to prepare for Madison come Friday. Nevertheless, their one win was against an Eastern Greene team whose only win came against a winless Springs Valley team. Meanwhile, the Cubs have some offense. Aside from the shutout loss to Seymour, they’ve put up at least 26 points in every game. Madison is my pick.

New Albany (3-2) at Bloomington North (3-2):

Unlike the Cougars, New Albany has a win against Bloomington South this season. However, that seems to be an anomaly as the Bulldogs haven’t looked too impressive since then and Bloomington South has gone on to win their next four games. As for Bloomington North, they’ve stomped their opponents in wins against BNL and the 5A Terre Haute schools. I’m picking the Cougars.

Seymour (3-2) at Brownstown Central (3-1):

I’d have a much easier time picking this game if the Braves hadn’t been upset by a 3-2 Salem team in week 3. On the flip side, you have a Seymour team that has looked impressive in three straight wins after opening the season 0-2. They’ve gotten things figured out. However, this will be the first time Coach Moore has played Brownstown and their unique offense. If he has the answers to it in just his first game against them then I’ll be shocked. The Braves get the W.

Columbus East (3-2) at Floyd Central (4-1):

Saved this one for last. The Olympians have won 92 straight conference games as well as 103 straight games against conference opponents when including postseason play. I was a senior at East the last time they lost a game against an HHC team. The program turned around in 2004 and I was at the game for their week 2 win at Columbus North. When it happened, I felt like we had something special. We began HHC play against Seymour the next week and from that game on, I’ve never felt like East was going to lose a conference game (even when they lost at BNL in 2006). Have I been nervous going into games at times? Yes, but I always figured East would find a way to win. I say all of that to say this. I’m picking the Highlanders to beat East. Might get killed for saying it but I’m saying it. Other than the win at Columbus North in week 2, I haven’t been that impressed with my team. Offensively, Floyd Central is a less-talented Elkhart team and we really struggled against their two-dimensional offense. Defensively, I thought we did a great job controlling the line of scrimmage against North but I was completely underwhelmed last Friday when New Albany ran all over us. If they didn’t keep stabbing themselves in the foot in the red zone then it would’ve been a closer game. That’s the key against Floyd Central. If our defensive line can’t get any penetration, plug the holes, and get pressure on the QB then we’re sunk. Based on what I saw last week and against a two-dimensional offense like Elkhart’s, I have almost no confidence. Maybe Coach Gaddis pulls something out of his hat like he has done with tough opponents in the past and has the boys prepared. However, I’m not going off of what we’ve done in past seasons. I’m going off of this season.

I agree with your worries. To give you some context. East had a D end with 17 tackles but the other three lineman didn’t combine for that many.  One linebacker with 18 tackles and then the safeties had 29 between the two of them.  Have to get stops much closer to the line of scrimmage. East has always had the philosophy of don’t make a big mistake and challenge teams to make long drives and be mistake free to score.  Your point about NA not doing that is illustrative of that philosophy.  That being said, time of possession and keeping the defense fresh will be big keys to East’s plan while they must convert third downs consistently on offense to sustain drives. 

Edited by Fogertyputmein
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I agree with your worries. To give you some context. East had a D end with 17 tackles but the other three lineman didn’t combine for that many.  One linebacker with 18 tackles and then the safeties had 29 between the two of them.  Have to get stops much closer to the line of scrimmage. East has always had the philosophy of don’t make a big mistake and challenge teams to make long drives and be mistake free to score.  Your point about NA not doing that is illustrative of that philosophy.  That being said, time of possession and keeping the defense fresh will be big keys to East’s plan while they must convert third downs consistently on offense to sustain drives. 

Out of curiosity. Is the the LE or RE with 17 tackles.

17 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I found a streaming site that did the Jeff and FC game and it looks like they will be doing this weeks game too. I’m about to fall asleep. I’ll send you the link tomorrow. 

I found this link on the Columbus East Max Preps schedule for live stream.  I am not sure if it is a pay site but you may have to subscribe. 

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/sports/football/indiana?featured=gam7a8018ed05&maxpreps=maxpreps&state=IN

Got bored and decided I would do some research (just in case the Columbus East HHC title streak ends this year). Here are the average scores and point differentials from Columbus East's 16 straight years of HHC championships (2004-2019). These numbers are for regular season conference games only. 

BOLD = state champions

ITALICS = state runner-up

2004:  45.86 - 13.14 (+32.72)

2005:  41.29 - 13.00 (+28.29)

2006:  48.00 - 13.29 (+34.71) *includes 33-30 loss to BNL*

2007:  49.71 - 7.00 (+42.71)

2008:  51.00 - 7.71 (+43.29)

2009:  44.14 - 9.29 (+34.85)

2010:  45.43 - 11.57 (+33.86)

2011:  51.71 - 17.57 (+34.14)

2012:  46.57 - 11.43 (+35.14)

2013:  56.43 - 11.43 (+45.00)

2014:  63.00 - 6.71 (+56.29)

2015:  49.00 - 13.43 (+35.57)

2016:  52.00 - 13.86 (+38.14)

2017:  55.71 - 12.57 (+43.14)

2018:  46.71 - 10.86 (+35.85)

2019:  45.67 - 10.50 (+35.17) *six game conference schedule (didn't play Jennings County)*

Best Offensive Seasons - points per game

1. 2014 (63.00)

2. 2013 (56.43)

3. 2017 (55.71)

4. 2016 (52.00)

5. 2011 (51.71)

Worst Offensive Seasons - points per game

1. 2005 (41.29)

2. 2009 (44.14)

3. 2010 (45.43)

4. 2019 (45.67) *six game conference schedule (didn't play Jennings County)*

5. 2004 (45.86)