Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

I don’t think many expected this to be a game. New Albany hasn’t been able to stop anyone this year with the D they have. They almost lost to a 2A school a few weeks ago. I think they gave up 45+ to them lol. 

We are too big and talented for them. FC has dominated the line of scrimmage.

Just now, Fkfootball said:

We are too big and talented for them. FC has dominated the line of scrimmage.

NA did handily beat Bloomington South. Albeit a down version.

You all don’t know how much I love this.

Floyd Central quarterback Tristan Polk said the noise leading up to Friday only put a chip on the team’s shoulders.

“We played hard all three weeks so far and now four. We felt disrespected, disrespected that New Albany would be ranked higher than us,” he said. “We felt we played better teams and better against the same teams we played. We were offended and we came out and shows how much better we were.”

Hungry team.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

You all don’t know how much I love this.

Floyd Central quarterback Tristan Polk said the noise leading up to Friday only put a chip on the team’s shoulders.

“We played hard all three weeks so far and now four. We felt disrespected, disrespected that New Albany would be ranked higher than us,” he said. “We felt we played better teams and better against the same teams we played. We were offended and we came out and shows how much better we were.”

Hungry team.

I like his demeanor that’s what you want to see... as for the SOS (granted Elder isn’t factored into the SOS because they are out of state) 

Floyd had played like the 212th best SOS in the state after 3 weeks (add in Elder and it’s probably around the 140th SOS)

NA had played the 98th ranked SOS. That might have been the only reason they had them ranked higher.. it obviously meant nothing because anybody that had watched NA knew they couldn’t stop a 2A squad (that happened to get beat by 30 tonight by another 2A squad) and that Floyd was a much better team coming in.  

36 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I like his demeanor that’s what you want to see... as for the SOS (granted Elder isn’t factored into the SOS because they are out of state) 

Floyd had played like the 212th best SOS in the state after 3 weeks (add in Elder and it’s probably around the 140th SOS)

NA had played the 98th ranked SOS. That might have been the only reason they had them ranked higher.. it obviously meant nothing because anybody that had watched NA knew they couldn’t stop a 2A squad (that happened to get beat by 30 tonight by another 2A squad) and that Floyd was a much better team coming in.  

Providence and Jeffersonville are awful. I’ll give you that. But Elder vs NA would have been ugly of epic proportions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Providence and Jeffersonville are awful. I’ll give you that. But Elder vs NA would have been ugly of epic proportions.

I look at NA about the same as I do Jeff. It was a 12-7 game last week at half when they played each other. NA ended up beating them 26-7 but it was a struggle for 3 quarters.. and Elder would make a lot of teams look bad lol; they are a great football team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I look at NA about the same as I do Jeff. It was a 12-7 game last week at half when they played each other. NA ended up beating them 26-7 but it was a struggle for 3 quarters.. and Elder would make a lot of teams look bad lol; they are a great football team. 

I think New Albany is probably the 3rd best team in the HHC. They did beat B-South. And beat a top 10 2A team(I know, it’s still 2-A). They have talent. And a Big Offensive Line. But there is more to football than Jimmies and Joes.

12 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Before @Fogertyputmein rips my head off lol, the East defense outside of penalties has been good. Defensive penalties killed East in field position some tonight. 

Jeff is 5-12 for 24 yards in the air, 20 carries for 54 yards. 78 total yards.

Columbus East is 1-3 for 7 yards in the air, 25 carries for 348 yards. 355 total yards.

Don’t expect East to score much more this game, a lot of new faces will get some playing time. 

East played well but not much resistance from Jeff. I agree that penalties have been a huge issue on both sides of the ball year to date. East’s  pass defense has been exposed by Columbus North In the second half and by Elkhart the entire game the previous two weeks. Jeffersonville QB was not accurate at all and was a non factor.  I still think this is an issue for East.  I also think if East is forced to throw more frequently they will struggle with that as well. The way to beat East is to stop the run defensively  and have an accurate QB with the ability to throw the ball down field. 

Edited by Fogertyputmein

18 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

East played well but not much resistance from Jeff. I agree that penalties have been a huge issue on both sides of the ball year to date. East’s  pass defense has been exposed by Columbus North In the second half and by Elkhart the entire game the previous two weeks. Jeffersonville QB was not accurate at all and was a non factor.  I still think this is an issue for East.  I also think if East is forced to throw more frequently they will struggle with that as well. The way to beat East is to stop the run defensively  and have an accurate QB with the ability to throw the ball down field. 

Agreed.. I also didn’t know how good the East O-Line has been this year. Even with the tough schedule before last nights game East averaged 6.2 yards a carry on the season. I’m guessing it went up after last night . 

15 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Agreed.. I also didn’t know how good the East O-Line has been this year. Even with the tough schedule before last nights game East averaged 6.2 yards a carry on the season. I’m guessing it went up after last night . 

Not looking past New Albany as they have shown the ability to score points but if they do put up points I would expect East to outscore them next week. If that happens it sets up a big game against Floyd Central the following week where they will look to end the Olympians conference winning streak 

We’ve probably talked about Jennings County the least on here thus far this season so let me give them some attention.

After four weeks, it has become evident how very bad they are this year. They’re averaging 8.5 points per game while giving up 36.5 points per game. Both numbers are the worst in the conference. Granted, this team lost A TON of starters and talent due to graduation so this shouldn’t be an indication of what the team will be like in future seasons. Nevertheless, this team is likely going to be 0-10 this year. If so, that means the week 6 game against Connersville will be the first win for the Spartans since 2017 (if they don’t defeat a winless Rushville team in week 5).

21 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

We’ve probably talked about Jennings County the least on here thus far this season so let me give them some attention.

After four weeks, it has become evident how very bad they are this year. They’re averaging 8.5 points per game while giving up 36.5 points per game. Both numbers are the worst in the conference. Granted, this team lost A TON of starters and talent due to graduation so this shouldn’t be an indication of what the team will be like in future seasons. Nevertheless, this team is likely going to be 0-10 this year. If so, that means the week 6 game against Connersville will be the first win for the Spartans since 2017 (if they don’t defeat a winless Rushville team in week 5).

At least both Jennings County and Madison have invested heavily in their facilities. Hoping for both that is entities more kids to play and for their better athletes to stay home instead of looking to move to another district 

21 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

At least both Jennings County and Madison have invested heavily in their facilities. Hoping for both that is entities more kids to play and for their better athletes to stay home instead of looking to move to another district 

Yep and here’s the brand new entrance to Jennings County’s football field. It just opened up this week.

034FCD87-4B5B-4E51-B0B4-6E419329D832.jpeg

Edited by Frozen Tundra

8 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

We have the QB. So slowing down the East running game will be the big challenge. 

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yep and here’s the brand new entrance to Jennings County’s football field. It just opened up this week.

034FCD87-4B5B-4E51-B0B4-6E419329D832.jpeg

I like it!

HHC Mid-Season Power Rankings.

1. Columbus East-The Os have played a very difficult schedule to this point. They also have the leagues best win to this point. They are the top dog in this conference untill another team can knock them off.

2. Floyd Central-The Highlanders have been what most expected. Dominated inferior teams. Lost by a good margin to a big time out of state program. They’ll have their chance against East. For better or worse.

3. New Albany-The Dogs are better. They have a good offense. But they’re still lacking on defense. Other than East, they could win out.

4. BNL-I think the Stars are coming around. Weber seems to know what hes doing. They have a chance to finish over .500.

5. Jeffersonville-The Red Devils have struggled. But they haven’t struggled as much as the teams behind them.

6. Seymour-The Owls have beaten Madison and Jennings County handily. That’s really all that needs to be said.

7. Madison-Because the Cubs have actually been close to winning a couple of games.

8. Jennings County-The Panthers have some really nice new football facilities. For now they’ll have to focus on that.

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

Week 5

Floyd Central at Jeffersonville 

Jennings County at Madison 

New Albany at Columbus East 

Seymour at Bedford NL 

A couple of tough calls this week as I could see JC/Madison and Seymour/BNL going either way. 

Same picks for me

Edited by Frozen Tundra