Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Final from Columbus :

Elkhart - 52

Columbus East - 28

I’m honestly not sure I’ve seen East play a team in many many years with that much talent on the opposing team.. I’m not saying they are the best team we have played in many years, but my goodness they were Big, Athletic and Super Fast.. Have a safe ride home to all of the Elkhart fans that made the trip down. 

Elder 42

FC 14

Elder was in control the entire game and was the better, bigger, faster team for sure. FC did some good things on offense. Was in the RedZone a few times where they didn’t score or they may have had a few more TDs. I don’t think we will see another passing attack like that for a while. Some good games coming up with a Rivalry game against a much improved New Albany team and a what will definitely be a tough matchup with East. I hope everyone has a good Labor Day weekend!

I’m not a native Hoosier but I don’t recall Elkhart being a football power. I know Concord back in the day was a basketball power. Where did this team from?  I don’t follow 6A really at all but to come to East and perform as you have describe seems impressive. 

2 minutes ago, starbacker said:

I’m not a native Hoosier but I don’t recall Elkhart being a football power. I know Concord back in the day was a basketball power. Where did this team from?  I don’t follow 6A really at all but to come to East and perform as you have describe seems impressive. 

They combined with Elkhart Central to combine Elkhart High.. its a combination of 2 5A schools into 1 6A mega... they have def got something going in there direction. Good looking football team. 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

They combined with Elkhart Central to combine Elkhart High.. its a combination of 2 5A schools into 1 6A mega... they have def got something going in there direction. Good looking football team. 

That’s right I remember now that there was a consolidation. That city needs that. Good to hear. 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Elkhart Central and Elkhart Memorial combined to for Elkhart HS.

1 hour ago, starbacker said:

And still not as big as Carmel or Warren Central 😬

Or Penn which is within spittin distance.

11 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

It’s funny cuz people around here talk about how Floyd is up to about 2000 kids. Probably a little less. But I’m like, “have y’all seen the schools up North?“ Lol.

I’m sure that area is really growing and my even more so as people do what they can to get out of Louisville.  With a significant jump you may end up larger than Jeffersonville in 6A. I know if I lived in that area my kids would attend Floyd. 

4 minutes ago, starbacker said:

I’m sure that area is really growing and my even more so as people do what they can to get out of Louisville.  With a significant jump you may end up larger than Jeffersonville in 6A. I know if I lived in that area my kids would attend Floyd. 

100% agreed.. 

1 hour ago, starbacker said:

Floyd Central and New Albany are pretty good schools. I don’t think I would send my kids to Jeffersonville. Silver Creek is a really good school too with really nice facilities. I really wish they could join the HHC because they are pretty similar to FC just with less students. 

• Disdain 1

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central and New Albany are pretty good schools. I don’t think I would send my kids to Jeffersonville. Silver Creek is a really good school too with really nice facilities. I really wish they could join the HHC because they are pretty similar to FC just with less students. 

We should have a big debate on here about Silver Creek coming to the HHC and Madison leaving.  That’d be fun 😂

This weeks matchups

Columbus East at Jeff; The Red Devils have really struggled. And East has played nothing but high quality competition. This will be a practice game for East. I have the Os by a score of 57-0.

BNL vs Madison; Madison still looks like Madison. They have one foot out the door.  The coaching and talent in Lawrence County is better than Jefferson County. I have the Stars winning big. 35-0.

Seymour at JC-The Owls played much better last Friday. They definitely have the best team in this matchup. I see the Owls winning here 27-7.

FC at NA; Game of the week. Battle of the Rusty Anchor. FC has won 5 in a row in the series. The Dogs are the most improved team in the HHC. Really strong running game with a lot of athletic guys running it. Already a few decent wins under their belt. FC looked great in their two wins, but hit a roadblock against probably a top 3 team in Ohio. Still, they did show some good stuff offensively in that matchup. Their passing game against NA will be the difference. I see some points being scored between too really motivated sides. I’ll take my Highlanders in this one, 35-28.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

This weeks matchups

Columbus East at Jeff; The Red Devils have really struggled. And East has played nothing but high quality competition. This will be a practice game for East. I have the Os by a score of 57-0.

BNL vs Madison; Madison still looks like Madison. They have one foot out the door.  The coaching and talent in Lawrence County is better than Jefferson County. I have the Stars winning big. 35-0.

Seymour at JC-The Owls played much better last Friday. They definitely have the best team in this matchup. I see the Owls winning here 27-7.

FC at NA; Game of the week. Battle of the Rusty Anchor. FC has won 5 in a row in the series. The Dogs are the most improved team in the HHC. Really strong running game with a lot of athletic guys running it. Already a few decent wins under their belt. FC looked great in their two wins, but hit a roadblock against probably a top 3 team in Ohio. Still, they did show some good stuff offensively in that matchup. Their passing game against NA will be the difference. I see some points being scored between too really motivated sides. I’ll take my Highlanders in this one, 35-28.

Jeffersonville is actually playing at Columbus East due to field construction. Also, Jennings County is at Seymour rather than the other way around.

Regardless, I also have all four of the teams you picked to win. Seems like another easy week of pick ‘em.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jeffersonville is actually playing at Columbus East due to field construction. Also, Jennings County is at Seymour rather than the other way around.

Regardless, I also have all four of the teams you picked to win. Seems like another easy week of pick ‘em.

Oh ok. I was going by Maxpreps.

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

I won't disagree with either of you two on the picks. Seems pretty straightforward. One of these weeks, someone will surprise us! I'm tempted with the BNL/Madison one since Madison pulled it off last year, I just don't see it happening two years in a row. 

According to the local radio, Madison lost a key RB early in the game against Seymour.