Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

East first 3 opponents... shew. 

East will have played a Top 10-15 schedule in the entire state after the 3rd game.. Not going to find many teams that played a tougher 1st 3 games. 

Having watched East vs Whiteland week 1 I thought for sure we were going to start 0-3... but whatever Gaddis and that team did in practice last week really turned everything around. They looked excellent (minus about 8 minutes of gameplay) against North. Defense laid some HUGE hits on kids, the East O-Line really looked good and super physical. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

And this is why the conference should stay at 7 members- East can finally beef up its schedule.

Still doesn’t beat last year’s schedule when we took the Ohio state champions down to the wire in week three last year. I’m still mind-blown that we were able to even be within 21 points of them.

4 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Why?

Literally the only sport CE dominates is football. They are all the same size. CE isn't even the top of the food chain socioeconomic wise. I don't understand why they need to go to another conference because of one sport? 

Edited by btownqbcoach

Just now, btownqbcoach said:

Literally the only sport CE dominates is football. They are all the same size. CE isn't even the top of the food chain socioeconomic wise. I don't understand why they need to go to another conference because they're good in one sport? 

Been a top 5 baseball team 3 of last 5 years.  State Runner up in 2019.  Would have been Top 5 again in 2020.  Now having said that, they won’t be as strong in 2021 but Columbus North will be strong again.  North has been top 10 program over the same period. 

3 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Been a top 5 baseball team 3 of last 5 years.  State Runner up in 2019.  Would have been Top 5 again in 2020.  Now having said that, they won’t be as strong in 2021 but Columbus North will be strong again.  North has been top 10 program over the same period. 

That doesn't change what I said? Baseballs been good recently, yes.  So has wrestling. 

I'm not trying to downplay CE at all.  

2 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

That doesn't change what I said? Baseballs been good recently, yes.  So has wrestling. 

I'm not trying to downplay CE at all.  

I misunderstood what you were saying.  The conference is actually pretty solid in other sports. I don’t disagree with you about the need to change the conference or increase size. I like the non conference early schedule and the rivalry with North 

15 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I misunderstood what you were saying.  The conference is actually pretty solid in other sports. I don’t disagree with you about the need to change the conference or increase size. I like the non conference early schedule and the rivalry with North 

I'm saying I don't see the need to change, just so we're on the same page.. And yes the conference is solid in other sports. Conference is really competitive in basically everything else. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

IFCA Week 3 Poll

East - #17 in 6A vs 6A #14 Elkhart

Floyd - #13 in 5A vs Cincy Elder 

As far as I’m concerned, there is only a top ten and East is unranked. We don’t give a number ranking to those outside the top 25 receiving votes in college sports. Why do we do this with IHSAA football? Not a knock on you but I’ve seen the media do the same here.

49 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

As far as I’m concerned, there is only a top ten and East is unranked. We don’t give a number ranking to those outside the top 25 receiving votes in college sports. Why do we do this with IHSAA football? Not a knock on you but I’ve seen the media do the same here.

Just going by what votes came in 🙂 

if you look in the paper’s when college rankings come out they usually have teams out of the top 25 and how many votes they received. 

31 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I will just say Rankings don’t matter but e IFCA on this page has them 17.  36ACD1AB-F118-4914-BAA8-1C59A4937154.thumb.png.96c612f2affae7ebef229122a59833ea.png

0234B0C8-4FE7-4118-A845-07C85DCF0434.png

Right but the polls are only supposed to rank a top 10. For some reason, John Harrell and members of the media will rank the teams outside the top 10 that received votes. So if 13 total teams receive votes then they’ll rank the teams out 1-13. If 17 teams receive votes then they’ll rank all 17 teams. And so on. There should just be a top 10. If you want to note a team received votes then you can do so without attaching a ranking to it. There have been several years where teams with no business receiving votes have done so. It’s like the voter wasn’t paying attention. It happened to Seymour during one of their bad years a few years back. They were 2-5 and received a vote so Harrell and the media referred to them as the #19 team in 4A when they were nowhere near being the 19th best 4A team.

4 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

Literally the only sport CE dominates is football. They are all the same size. CE isn't even the top of the food chain socioeconomic wise. I don't understand why they need to go to another conference because of one sport? 

Conference affiliation and alignment affects football the most. In an 8-team conference, with a 9-game season, playing a round robin schedule, conference games take up over 75% of the season.