Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Honestly, we’re just spoiled. If we don’t look like a top four team in our class, if we can’t beat Columbus North, or if we don’t win our conference games by 28+ points each then we get frustrated. I’ll admit those last two Markell Jones years really had me spoiled. If we weren’t beating HHC teams by 42 points or more then I thought there was something wrong with us. Lol

I have a lot of respect for East. To go from 4A to 6A without it being an enrollment change, is pretty impressive. Regardless of how things go, Gaddis is one of the All-Time Greats.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Not trying to take anything away from New Albany but I wonder how Bloomington South looks now that Mo Moriarity is retired. You’d assume there’d be some sort of drop-off after losing a coaching legend.

If they are really down, then Floyd should have a good chance of winning a Regional, assuming they win their sectional which obviously isn’t a given.

19 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Dang. You stole my thunder. These are my exact picks for tonight. Normally, I’d give a summary for the reasons why I’m picking these teams but this is the least I’ve known about any of the teams heading into the season. 

Well it looks like we were way off. New Albany surprised us. Madison was oh-so-close but let us down. I figured East could go either way and Seymour doesn't completely surprise me but I thought they'd pull it off. Oh well. Now we know better going forward what teams look like.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Well it looks like we were way off. New Albany surprised us. Madison was oh-so-close but let us down. I figured East could go either way and Seymour doesn't completely surprise me but I thought they'd pull it off. Oh well. Now we know better going forward what teams look like.

Yeah my head was telling me to pick Whiteland but my biased heart took East.

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Whoa. Why do you have Madison in fourth? They couldn’t beat Paoli last night.

Because Paoli is a good 2A program coached by Brian Glesing and Madison lost by 1. I feel Madison can beat the teams in the HHC not named East, FC, and NA.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Because Paoli is a good 2A program coached by Brian Glesing and Madison lost by 1. I feel Madison can beat the teams in the HHC not named East, FC, and NA.

Glesing isn’t the coach at Paoli. He stepped down in January after one season. Paoli has a first year coach.

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I have a lot of respect for East. To go from 4A to 6A without it being an enrollment change, is pretty impressive. Regardless of how things go, Gaddis is one of the All-Time Greats.

The talent level at East is down and honestly the future looks to be even a bit more difficult.  Even if East moves back to 5A next year they won’t achieve prior success for the foreseeable future. 

10 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

The talent level at East is down and honestly the future looks to be even a bit more difficult.  Even if East moves back to 5A next year they won’t achieve prior success for the foreseeable future. 

I think they’ll still sleepwalk their way through the 5A tournament until they run into a New Palestine or Cathedral.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

No clue but Glesing isn’t coaching anywhere this year. Hopefully he just wants to take time off or retire on his own accord. I hope cancer or some other illness isn’t affecting him again.

Yeah. Poor guy. Coaching with Lymphoma is probably not fun. He definitely has my respect for that and for the overall job he did at FC.

18 hours ago, Coachhess said:

Coach Glesing resigned on his own accord. His health is fine. He is no longer in education. 

I wish him the best of luck. Good man.

16 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I’ve said it’s been over 5-6 different times during the past 15+ years... it always seems to just continue. 

Hall of Fame Coaches are Hall of Fame Coaches for a reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

They develop those All State players... 

To some extent but talent is talent. Athletic ability and size goes a tremendous way in high school.  I would argue coaches teach discipline and respect for the game but if you don’t have enough athletes and size you cannot win consistently. Can not convince me otherwise 

2 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

To some extent but talent is talent. Athletic ability and size goes a tremendous way in high school.  I would argue coaches teach discipline and respect for the game but if you don’t have enough athletes and size you cannot win consistently. Can not convince me otherwise 

Is it just a talent issue or is the talent going to North?

3 minutes ago, starbacker said:

Is it just a talent issue or is the talent going to North?

Same thing isn’t it.  Plus North has 1000 more kids so more athletes and talent to choose from. 

Also take a kid like Preston Terrell leaves Jennings County to go to Columbus North.  Why, JC cannot win consistently because not enough depth of talent and athletes.  Then he moves to Brownsburg where they have a D1 quarterback in a big time program and ultimately commits to Purdue.  Always the same athlete and talent but wasn’t going to win in Jennings County. 

Floyd Central was awful in basketball for like 15 years and hired Todd Sturgeon and now they have a top 10 program in the state. They had a decent football program under Brian Glesing but I think they’re going to another level under coach Bragg and his staff. Coaching matters as long as the kids will listen to it. We have good kids at FC. They have good kids in Columbus.

• Like 1