Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

On 5/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, boilerfan87 said:

I don't disagree with you, I am just telling you what I was told. BNL sticks out as someone I was told and I remember that because I was surprised. But I could be remembering wrong. JC & Seymour for sure. 

It is generally the first 6 weeks or so of their schedule, depending on the size of their district. Some districts have just 4 teams, so only 3 games that they will typically play at the end of the season. Others have 6, so that will usually be the last 5 weeks of the season. 

I did see FC picked up Cincinnati Elder for week 3. Quite a step up in competition. Good for them. They already play Kentucky powerhouse, Male, during week 1. 

I was kind of suprised when I found that out. I figured they’d go in a different direction, but anytime you can play a school like Cincinnati Elder, I think you jump on it. A good experience for these kids. 

On 5/23/2020 at 2:07 PM, Fkfootball said:

One of the parents told me last year that the Male series was finished last season. Is that still under contract?

Rarely do those in the stands know much about what they are addressing.  This instance is another such case.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Coachhess said:

Rarely do those in the stands know much about what they are addressing.  This instance is another such case.

I didn’t say they did. That’s why I asked a better source. 

Edited by Fkfootball

5 hours ago, Coachhess said:

Voices from the stands. 

I can understand how that will bother a coach. But I can assure you, as someone who spent years in that program, had 8 relatives play in that program, have had family boost the program, Floyd Central fans care about as much as anywhere around here. You will have a full stadium more often than not. A few “voices” is to be expected.

Never said I didn't care about the fans, or that I think high school football is better without those pesky fans.  Simply implying that fans talk a lot about a lot, and more often than not, they know very little about what they are talking about.  Coaches don't listen to a word of wisdom that comes raining down on us from the stands.  They are better coaches and officials than anyone down on the field.  That's all.  We are playing Male for, at minimum, the next few years unless something changes.

• Disdain 1

Madison currently plays Paoli, South Dearborn, and Mitchell for their NC games. With the MSC only having one NC game, I would venture to guess those schools are going stay with a more lucrative gate than Madison. Madison has in the past played Greensburg and Batesville. Given the division split in the EIAC it stand to reason those schools would have a little more flexibility in scheduling. Independents such as Providence, Oldenburg Academy, and Rock Creek could play into the mix. Not sure of the scheduling in the PLAC, but Crawford County, Springs Valley, etc., could play into it as well. Milan, North/South Decatur? 

JC and Seymour stay on the schedule for the foreseeable future.

22 hours ago, Coachhess said:

Never said I didn't care about the fans, or that I think high school football is better without those pesky fans.  Simply implying that fans talk a lot about a lot, and more often than not, they know very little about what they are talking about.  Coaches don't listen to a word of wisdom that comes raining down on us from the stands.  They are better coaches and officials than anyone down on the field.  That's all.  We are playing Male for, at minimum, the next few years unless something changes.

I understand coach. I’d be the same way. It doesn’t matter to me who you guys play, because I’ll be in the stands regardless. I’ve never been a huge fan of the Male series because I don’t like the matchup, but FC has their reasons for playing that game and hopefully we’ll come out on top here in the future.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, Indiana Preps said:

With running back Mark McDonald back in the fold, the Olympians will still be tough to stop.

Article >>> https://inpreps.com/2020/05/28/a-tale-of-two-backs/

Along with Parks being at QB this year they will be back to running the offense like they had when it was Cowan/Jones and Major/Hogan in the backfield.. Line play should be extremely good this year.. 

On 6/4/2020 at 7:14 AM, Olympian06 said:

Along with Parks being at QB this year they will be back to running the offense like they had when it was Cowan/Jones and Major/Hogan in the backfield.. Line play should be extremely good this year.. 

What does their defense look like?