Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

6 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

BNL only has to be better than its Sectional opponents.

Exactly...and with this young team having Jennings & Madison back to back at home then at Seymour they can gain some confidence and be alright. 

I have all the faith in the world in Weber and his staff. 

North’s QB is fantastic he went to the Peyton Manning QB camp this summer.

The North RB Xavier Trueblood is quite the  player too. Scott Bless has a good team this year. They aren’t 41-7 better than the Stars though. 

1 minute ago, starbacker said:

Exactly...and with this young team having Jennings & Madison back to back at home then at Seymour they can gain some confidence and be alright. 

I seriously believe that the reason we won Sectional in 2011 was because we drew Jennings County for the first round.

23 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I can’t get rid of the quote box. Anyways.

Floyd Central 28 Providence 7.

I feel that Floyd has much room for improvement. Wenkers Wright had 348 yds and 4 TDs. Just a special kid. He’s fun to watch.

Edited by Fkfootball

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus North puts it away on 3rd and 5 and scores on a 20 yard TD.

Columbus North - 42

Columbus East - 31

1:45 left.

1 more week of the gauntlet... 

Do you feel that North is that much of a better team than East is? Does East look similar or better/worse than last years team? Does this change your expectations for East in Tournament play? I’d be interested to hear those thoughts.

Just now, Impartial_Observer said:

Heard the umpire was involved in a collision at the Seymour/Jeff game and was taken off the field in an ambulance. The picture I saw showed the ambulance right on the field. We lost a LJ many moons ago to a broken leg at Carmel one night, post game meals out of a vending machine at the ER are not a good time. 

Prayers for that mans health. 

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Do you feel that North is that much of a better team than East is? Does East look similar or better/worse than last years team? Does this change your expectations for East in Tournament play? I’d be interested to hear those thoughts.

East is better than last year, East will only get better as the year goes on. East started out 0-2 last year. My expectations are the same... they will more likely than not lose to Center Grove, but I would love a rematch with North in the sectionals. East started out extremely sloppy tonight and got down 35-13 in the 2nd quarter (North put up 28) that includes a kickoff return for a TD and a snap over the East punters head that put the ball on the 6 yard line for North.

CN is big...average 260 on the O-Line and they can move. This game brings out some wild finishes. Tonight was no different. 

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

East is better than last year, East will only get better as the year goes on. East started out 0-2 last year. My expectations are the same... they will more likely than not lose to Center Grove, but I would love a rematch with North in the sectionals. East started out extremely sloppy tonight and got down 35-13 in the 2nd quarter (North put up 28) that includes a kickoff return for a TD and a snap over the East punters head that put the ball on the 6 yard line for North.

CN is big...average 260 on the O-Line and they can move. This game brings out some wild finishes. Tonight was no different. 

Oh I know. North is a really good program too. I tell people all the time, that I think kids in Columbus are given footballs in their crib at birth. It has to be. So much talent up there.

4 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

@Fkfootball how bad is Floyd beating Providence? What’s everyone’s score tonight so far? 

Just saw this man. Idk how I missed it.

Point blank. We did not play well in the 1st half.

Played better in the 2nd half after I’m sure a (very encouraging) halftime rant. Our Tailback is terrific. Still have to get better in areas but like every team, I am sure they’ll work on it.

The interesting thing, is of the quartet of FC, BNL, NA, and Jeff, which team will improve the MOST before October? That is the benchmark for the HHC outside of East.

49 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Oh I know. North is a really good program too. I tell people all the time, that I think kids in Columbus are given footballs in their crib at birth. It has to be. So much talent up there.

It's a product of the long-tenured coaches at both schools. Tim Bless came to North in 2000 and turned them around from a bad team to a winner in 2003. Bob Gaddis came to East in 2001 and turned them around from a bad team to a winner in 2004. It took four years for both guys. Granted, North has had a couple of rough patches during Bless' tenure where they had 2-3 consecutive rotten seasons each (2008-2009 and 2012-2014) but they also play much tougher competition than we do. They can't reload as easily as East can. I encourage everyone, though, that you need to see the East/North rivalry at least once in your lifetime. The atmosphere is incredible and you need to get there an hour before kickoff if you want to find a seat. It's quite a spectacle.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Update on the official last night at Jeff. He dislocated and fractured his ankle. He had surgery this morning to repair it.  Seymour trainer who attended to him prior to medical personnel arriving said it was gruesome. Hopefully he heals quickly. 

Praying for a quick recovery 

15 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Just saw this man. Idk how I missed it.

Point blank. We did not play well in the 1st half.

Played better in the 2nd half after I’m sure a (very encouraging) halftime rant. Our Tailback is terrific. Still have to get better in areas but like every team, I am sure they’ll work on it.

The interesting thing, is of the quartet of FC, BNL, NA, and Jeff, which team will improve the MOST before October? That is the benchmark for the HHC outside of East.

So East has already won the conference and FC, BNL, NA, and Jeff will battle for second place.....depending of course on who improves the most before October?

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So East has already won the conference and FC, BNL, NA, and Jeff will battle for second place.....depending of course on who improves the most before October?

Sectional. I’m not talking about HHC because I obviously feel that Seymour can enter the 2nd place race as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Conference play officially begins this week so I guess I'll go out on a limb and try to predict the order of the conference standings. It's important to note that the following games won't take place this year:

Columbus East vs Jennings County
Floyd Central vs Madison
BNL vs New Albany

Also, if you didn't already know, last week's game between Seymour and Jeffersonville won't count as a conference game. Therefore, everyone will play six official conference games this year. Having said that, here's my HHC prediction.

1. Columbus East 6-0
2. Floyd Central 5-1
3. New Albany 4-2
4. Seymour 3-3 
4. BNL 3-3
6. Jeffersonville 2-4
7. Jennings County 1-5
8. Madison 0-6

My prediction of the losses for each team should be pretty self-explanatory if you look at the teams I have finishing above them. The only ones in question are Seymour and BNL who I both have at 3-3. Based on the results of the first two weeks, I'm predicting Seymour to beat BNL.

Have at it, boys.

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Conference play officially begins this week so I guess I'll go out on a limb and try to predict the order of the conference standings. It's important to note that the following games won't take place this year:

Columbus East vs Jennings County
Floyd Central vs Madison
BNL vs New Albany

Also, if you didn't already know, last week's game between Seymour and Jeffersonville won't count as a conference game. Therefore, everyone will play six official conference games this year. Having said that, here's my HHC prediction.

1. Columbus East 6-0
2. Floyd Central 5-1
3. New Albany 4-2
4. Seymour 3-3 
4. BNL 3-3
6. Jeffersonville 2-4
7. Jennings County 1-5
8. Madison 0-6

My prediction of the losses for each team should be pretty self-explanatory if you look at the teams I have finishing above them. The only ones in question are Seymour and BNL who I both have at 3-3. Based on the results of the first two weeks, I'm predicting Seymour to beat BNL.

Have at it, boys.

Well, your #1 pick is pretty safe. Lol. As a Floyd fan, I really need to see our team play better this Friday against a fairly good Vincennes Lincoln team before assuming we go 5-1. It’s helpful that we have NA, Jeff, and BNL at home. I worry about the last game of the season at Seymour. We have a history of losing there, even if we have the better team. This team is pretty Junior laden, so next season with a totally different Non-Con schedule, FC could very well play their way into the 5A top 10. 7-2 would be great this season though. Perhaps, 8-1 next season. We have some talent in our pipeline, so I would expect them to remain competitive.

One team that intrigues me is Jeffersonville. They seem to be playing a little better than expected. Having a Police Lieutenant as their Head Coach has brought some discipline to their program.

New Albany is starting pretty much all Sophomores. That class was undefeated last season and pretty much dominated their competition. They are expecting that team in a year or two to be very competitive in conference. 

I also expect BNL to be pretty good going forward as they have put together a good program under Steve Weber. 

Heres a question though. What if Floyd played Madison instead of East, and they both went 6-0? How the heck would that have played out?

Edited by Fkfootball