Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

4 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I have asked about the endzone cameras in a number of different conference topics. I am looking forward to seeing if they are used more by big schools or if it is evenly spread out in schools of differing size. I think it would depend on fund raising and budget numbers.

We see a wide variety of conferences from little to big. I honestly can't remember any specifics, I just know we're seeing more and more of the. 

FWIW, back when the Colts played at the RCA Dome, they had 5 buck tickets upstairs in the EZ. At the time we had season tickets about the GL on the home side on the east end. Upstairs EZ was hands down my favorite place to watch. 

Week 1 Predictions

Batesville at Jennings County: The Panthers finally have a motivated, young coach trying to build the program from the ground up with energy and commitment. The community seems to be quite excited. However, it's going to be a multi-year process and the Bulldogs have owned them the past 15 years by going 14-1 (JC's only win was in 2011 with senior Iyan Bass at RB). Batesville gets the W.

Bedford North Lawrence at Martinsville: The Stars had a great season last year but the Artesians had a slightly better one. Both schools have lost a bit of talent but I think Martinsville has enough remaining to get the win over BNL again this year.

Columbus East at Whiteland: Whiteland lost a TON of players from last year's team due to being senior-heavy. East lost some talent but they reload rather than rebuild. However, the Olympians have seemed to struggle with offensive line play at the beginning of the last few seasons and, defensively, they've traditionally struggled against Whiteland's unique offense. This could be a tougher game for East than it should be but, ultimately, I'm not sure the Warriors have a team capable enough this year to match the Olympians point-for-point. East gets the win.

Evansville Harrison at New Albany: The Warriors have only had two winning seasons since 2004. Their current coach is in his third year after going 2-8 his first two years. The Bulldogs may have lost quite a bit of talent from last year's team, but I don't think it's enough for Harrison to overcome them. New Albany wins it.

Fern Creek (KY) at Jeffersonville: This is the first time I've ever heard of Fern Creek. Apparently they're a Louisville metro school and haven't had a losing season since 2012. Seems to spell doom for the Red Devils who are on their third coach in three years. Based on this, I'm taking the Tigers in this one.

Floyd Central at Louisville Male: I was really hoping the Highlanders would've replaced Male by now. The Bulldogs have won the last seven games, with 24 points being the smallest margin of victory in that span. I think Floyd Central will be improved this year but this game won't be an indicator of that. Male wins easily.

Madison at Paoli: The Rams are coming off a 12-1 season in which they won a 2A sectional title, and they were 9-3 the previous season. Not sure how much talent they lost down there but now it's Brian Glesing's turn to take control of the program and build on that recent success. Meanwhile, the Cubs haven't won more than two games in a season since 2014 and the outlook for this year doesn't look too promising either. It could be a close game but I'm going with Paoli.

South Dearborn at Seymour: I'm not sure what to make of this game. On one hand, I feel like Seymour is the more talented team. On the other hand, South Dearborn's program improved drastically last year and there's a belief from some that it'll continue. Seymour opened the season with a 7-0 victory against South Dearborn last year and I'm going to play it safe by picking them to win again this year.

• Like 1

No commentary, but picks for fun since there doesn't seem to be a pick 'em going on this thread...

Batesville at Jennings County

Bedford North Lawrence at Martinsville

Columbus East at Whiteland

Evansville Harrison at New Albany

Fern Creek (KY) at Jeffersonville

Floyd Central at Louisville Male

Madison at Paoli

South Dearborn at Seymour

45 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 1 Predictions

Batesville at Jennings County: The Panthers finally have a motivated, young coach trying to build the program from the ground up with energy and commitment. The community seems to be quite excited. However, it's going to be a multi-year process and the Bulldogs have owned them the past 15 years by going 14-1 (JC's only win was in 2011 with senior Iyan Bass at RB). Batesville gets the W.

Bedford North Lawrence at Martinsville: The Stars had a great season last year but the Artesians had a slightly better one. Both schools have lost a bit of talent but I think Martinsville has enough remaining to get the win over BNL again this year.

Columbus East at Whiteland: Whiteland lost a TON of players from last year's team due to being senior-heavy. East lost some talent but they reload rather than rebuild. However, the Olympians have seemed to struggle with offensive line play at the beginning of the last few seasons and, defensively, they've traditionally struggled against Whiteland's unique offense. This could be a tougher game for East than it should be but, ultimately, I'm not sure the Warriors have a team capable enough this year to match the Olympians point-for-point. East gets the win.

Evansville Harrison at New Albany: The Warriors have only had two winning seasons since 2004. Their current coach is in his third year after going 2-8 his first two years. The Bulldogs may have lost quite a bit of talent from last year's team, but I don't think it's enough for Harrison to overcome them. New Albany wins it.

Fern Creek (KY) at Jeffersonville: This is the first time I've ever heard of Fern Creek. Apparently they're a Louisville metro school and haven't had a losing season since 2012. Seems to spell doom for the Red Devils who are on their third coach in three years. Based on this, I'm taking the Tigers in this one.

Floyd Central at Louisville Male: I was really hoping the Highlanders would've replaced Male by now. The Bulldogs have won the last seven games, with 24 points being the smallest margin of victory in that span. I think Floyd Central will be improved this year but this game won't be an indicator of that. Male wins easily.

Madison at Paoli: The Rams are coming off a 12-1 season in which they won a 2A sectional title, and they were 9-3 the previous season. Not sure how much talent they lost down there but now it's Brian Glesing's turn to take control of the program and build on that recent success. Meanwhile, the Cubs haven't won more than two games in a season since 2014 and the outlook for this year doesn't look too promising either. It could be a close game but I'm going with Paoli.

South Dearborn at Seymour: I'm not sure what to make of this game. On one hand, I feel like Seymour is the more talented team. On the other hand, South Dearborn's program improved drastically last year and there's a belief from some that it'll continue. Seymour opened the season with a 7-0 victory against South Dearborn last year and I'm going to play it safe by picking them to win again this year.

I heard that, this is the last year that Floyd will play Male. I hope that’s true. We will have to replace Male, Providence, and Vincennes Lincoln.

Supposedly they are picking up a Terra Haute school.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

If this is the case, a 3 hour drive sounds better than playing the Kentucky 6A State Champions. 

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

We're hosting Elkhart next year in week 3. Thank God we're not the ones making the 3 hour, 41 minute drive.

Your concept of a “long drive” is genuinely cute.

Columbus East - 20

Whiteland - 12

Halftime

East is MUCH better than last years team at this point. Especially Gilley, McDonald and the line. Doesn’t mean they will win this game but much more encouraging. 

Whiteland - 192 yards 26 rushes. 0 passing (6 first downs)

CE - 234 yards... 134 passing Gilley 9/12.

0 penalties by CE, which has been an Achilles heal in past years. 

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

35-6. Males 6”4 Kentucky Commit Izayeah Cummings is killing Floyd. We won’t see another team like this all year. 

Maybe not, but you will find yourself down by 30 again this year LOL 

Edited by Olympian06

Stars lose 40-7

This team is young and not deep and has already had some injury issues that they are battling before the season even started. 

3 turnovers and some busted coverage on three big TD plays by the Artesians

Bloomington North next week 

Then Jennings County & Madison back to back which by then should afford them some time to jell. 

Coach Weber & company will keep working hard. 

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. You guys are really good but you aren’t Male. Only down 29 right now. Lol.

You literally say the same thing every year then get 50+ hung up on you.

Columbus East - 40

Whiteland - 19

2 minutes left in the 4th... 

Floyd isn’t as good as Whiteland 

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

You literally say the same thing every year then get 50+ hung up on you.

Columbus East - 40

Whiteland - 19

2 minutes left in the 4th... 

Floyd isn’t as good as Whiteland 

You don’t know that. They just played the best team in Kentucky.

You literally said the same thing last year and lost 41-3 to Male and 45-0 to East.. how in the world did East Beats Floyd worse than Male?!? 

Or the year before that.. and the year before that.. weird how that worked. 

Male is probably a better team, but East runs a much quicker offense which allows them to put more points up. 

Edited by Olympian06

2 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Just like you don’t know that Floyd won’t play another team like Male right? 

Comical 

East can’t beat Male! It’s laughable that you think they can. It would take Warren Central, Carmel, Center Grove, teams like that to beat them.

Just now, Fkfootball said:

East can’t beat Male! It’s laughable that you think they can. It would take Warren Central, Carmel, Center Grove, teams like that to beat them.

Never said East could beat Male, Just saying East is going to stomp a mud hole in Floyd again this year. You tried to compare scores, so I did the same. East has beaten Floyd worse than Male the last 3 years 

4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

You literally said the same thing last year and lost 41-3 to make and 45-0 to East.. how in the world did East Beats Floyd worse than Male?!? 

Or the year before that.. and the year before that.. weird how that worked. 

Male is probably a better team, but East runs a much quicker offense which allows them to put more points up. 

Floyd is better than the NA team that almost beat East last year. I know East is better. We won’t beat them but I doubt it will be that embarrassing. If it is, I’ll never post on this board again.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Haha 1