Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Nothing to take away from the Triton game except that they executed the running game well against a sub-par defense.   Starters only played one series in the second half and that was a one play 70 yard scoring run. 

This Friday will expose any Triton weaknesses on both sides of the ball. 

44 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Nothing to take away from the Triton game except that they executed the running game well against a sub-par defense.   Starters only played one series in the second half and that was a one play 70 yard scoring run. 

This Friday will expose any Triton weaknesses on both sides of the ball. 

Hey FinePrint!

Any early prediction for Friday's game between LaVille and Trion ?

You got them Trojans ranked in the preseason.

Sure looks like a good one coming Friday night in Bourbon!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

5 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

I will revise my previous no to maybe as Andrean star qb broke his collarbone Friday vs Merrillville and Laville might just be able to backup the hype. 

Sucks for that kid,  I’m sure the private school has a capable backup ready to go

33 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Who is your 'THEY' in they win one game and now that means they are good?????

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Agreed who is “They” as Laville is going to be very good this year. I was at the game and they were very impressive 

On 8/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, First_Backer_Inside said:

Practice for week 1 just started anything can happen from now until a potential Laville and Andrean matchup. You never know what the weather will be that night. You don't know what both teams will look like by then. You don't want players to go down throughout the year, but unfortunately injuries do happen in the sport we play. While we can all agree that Andrean should be a heavy favorite to return to LOS I'm sure there are a few teams in the North that want a shot at them along the way. They aren't just going to get it handed to them. Too many proud programs in the North to allow that.

16 hours ago, RingLeader said:

I will revise my previous no to maybe as Andrean star qb broke his collarbone Friday vs Merrillville and Laville might just be able to backup the hype. 

I think someone said it already, but a collarbone isn't season ending. However, playing quarterback could be a problem. Throwing the ball like he regularly did before the injury could be a problem early on.

22 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I think someone said it already, but a collarbone isn't season ending. However, playing quarterback could be a problem. Throwing the ball like he regularly did before the injury could be a problem early on.

Is it his throwing arm?

20 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Is it his throwing arm?

I don't know. Even if it's not I gotta think that just by pulling through with that non-throwing arm could be a little irritating. I don't want to sound like i'm an expert on the matter either. I don't have much experience with collarbone injuries. We had a running back that hurt his mid season and was back for the first round of sectionals, but everyone's body heals different and every position on the field relies on different parts of their body more than others.

2 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I don't know. Even if it's not I gotta think that just by pulling through with that non-throwing arm could be a little irritating. I don't want to sound like i'm an expert on the matter either. I don't have much experience with collarbone injuries. We had a running back that hurt his mid season and was back for the first round of sectionals, but everyone's body heals different and every position on the field relies on different parts of their body more than others.

It also depends on the type of break.  If it’s a fracture, he might be back 6-8 weeks, but if it is broken all the way through, may need surgery and done for the year.  I’ve seen both scenarios.

• Thanks 1