Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Don’t underestimate the Schuh kid

Believe I would take Schuh if I had a choice.  

Btw what does Schuh go this year?  Looks about 225-230 

Surely he is getting looks from the next level

Yeah, I think he's in the 220lb area and fast.  From what I've heard he has been contacted by a handful of D1 schools. I can't remember all of them, but I've heard Kansas, Bowling Green, and others if I'm not mistaken.

7 minutes ago, AG said:

How much will Winamac win by?

A safety, 2-0 Winamac.

Jk, Winamac does have a stud running back that didn't play in the scrimmage against Rochester, not sure what his name is, but got to see him on film in the Knox game. Very shifty and made some big time catches. I gotta think Pioneer will show lots of improvement from Week 2. Should be a close game in my opinion.

1 hour ago, trojan474 said:

Yeah, I think he's in the 220lb area and fast.  From what I've heard he has been contacted by a handful of D1 schools. I can't remember all of them, but I've heard Kansas, Bowling Green, and others if I'm not mistaken.

Since he is only a junior that list will grow.  Hopefully he is making the rounds to camps and combines in off-season

Well, here is my two cents this week . .

LaVille at Triton

North Judson-San Pierre at Caston

Rochester at Knox

South Central (UM) at Culver Community

Winamac at Pioneer

For those interested, the LaVille at Triton game will be live streamed by Triton's Network

Click this link:

TTSN at https://www.tritontrojans.org

Keep the change,

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

1 hour ago, Offintheyard said:

Gotta give LV coaches credit for making the halftime adjustments. Triton is a very good team and should have a great year but LV is just tough.

Triton's going to win a lot of games this year, but LaVille has all the tools!  Their QB was very impressive and the passing game made the difference tonight.  

It was 21-14 to begin the second half.  LaVille got the ball.  Triton held on downs, but the Lancers executed a fake punt for a 1st down, and then the onslaught began.  Really was a great game up to that point!  Congrats to the Lancers.  

9 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Triton's going to win a lot of games this year, but LaVille has all the tools!  Their QB was very impressive and the passing game made the difference tonight.  

It was 21-14 to begin the second half.  LaVille got the ball.  Triton held on downs, but the Lancers executed a fake punt for a 1st down, and then the onslaught began.  Really was a great game up to that point!  Congrats to the Lancers.  

After the converted fake punt where the Triton player had the ball ripped away from him,  it seemed as though Triton just gave in!  Laville poured it on with an onside kick conversion and left 1st string defense in vs Tritons jv to force a fumble and score the last touchdown.  This score of 56-14 may appear a huge gap between talent, but anyone who watched the game would say otherwise!  Congratulations Laville.  You’ve got a great team!  I hope the Triton boys pick themselves up and move on to a great season they are capable of.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

After the converted fake punt where the Triton player had the ball ripped away from him,  it seemed as though Triton just gave in!  Laville poured it on with an onside kick conversion and left 1st string defense in vs Tritons jv to force a fumble and score the last touchdown.  This score of 56-14 may appear a huge gap between talent, but anyone who watched the game would say otherwise!  Congratulations Laville.  You’ve got a great team!  I hope the Triton boys pick themselves up and move on to a great season they are capable of.

I watched the game. Triton has some talent for sure but Laville definitely was about a 3-4 score better team. Laville Qb shredded the defense through the air and the stat line was 220 or so rushing and 220 or so passing and that included the freshman JV Qb throwing TD pass on the JV D and end of game after fumble. Triton had 160 yards rushing at half and ended around 230 yards with I think 30 yards passing. Triton definitely will win some games! Good luck to them rest of season! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

So, I keep hearing how great the run defense is for Laville's #1s. Just wondering if the #1s were on the bench for the 1st half? Just sayin...

Well, I would say a hearty kudos to Triton's offense and Mr. Schuh and Mr. Shively on making plays.

It has been mentioned on this thread that Schuh might be the best back that LaVille sees.

One could see why. Schuh has great vision, has escability, power and speed to help him breakaway.

I think it was well documented on this link that Triton would score, jusy how much ?

I said I thought 17 was a bit much.  The 14 that Triton put on LaVille's #1 defense is a great compliment to Trioton and their coaching staff!

Be it #1 or not, adjustments were made and Triton was not able to score after tying the game at 14-14.

In fact, before the JV teams were put in in the fourth quarter, I only remember Triton having one first down in the second half.  That might have been on a penalty by LaVille?

Triton will be succesful this season.  Nice team!  Great heart!

from_the_sidelines007

After watching LaVille play Friday, IMO LaVille's defense is its strength. They've got 11 guys that fly to the ball and a very stingy front line. 

We have yet to see an above average passing team to throw on the LaVille secondary. That will be a test. 

The offense is also very experienced. From the OLine to the backfield and receivers plus a solid quarterback that can throw the football  and run the football.

QB tossed 2 TDs and ran for 2 more.

Teams will score on LaVille, but the offense has the tools to score 4-5 times a game.

As long as they stay healthy, this team could experience success in the regular season and beyond. 

As long as they stay healthy!

Depth could end up being crucial for this small school at the southern edge of St. Joseph County.

from_the_sidelines007

I have to admit after watching Laville Triton game and North Judson Caston game on IHSAATV I don’t think it is close as Laville will go unbeaten and win their first conference title. And with Andrean QB injury not sure there is anyone in the north to challenge them.