Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

N.I.C Week # 3 games

The big match-up is Penn and Cathedral.  Even though the Irish have lost they still are one of the top teams in the state.  Penn could make a statement for 2022.

Friday, Sep. 2
Bremen at Marian, 7 pm
Elkhart at Morton, 7:30 pm
Cathedral at Penn, 7:30 pm
Kankakee Valley at Washington, 7:30 pm
New Prairie at Lowell, 8 pm
Osceola Grace at Jimtown, 7 pm
Adams at Riley, 7 pm
Clay at Hammond Central, 7:30 pm
St. Joseph at Glenn, 7 pm

1 hour ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Bremen at Marian - MARIAN - not sure what to make of Bremen thus far. 
Elkhart at Morton - ELKHART - probably won't be much of a challenge for the Lions this week. 
Cathedral at Penn - CATHEDRAL - I'm picking the Irish until Penn proves me otherwise. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see this being a close game and maybe even a kingsmen win to send shockwaves throughout the gridirondigest
Kankakee Valley at Washington - KV - Anybody playing a SB school is usually a safe pick. 
New Prairie at Lowell - NP - its been a fun little rivalry the past 8 years with some real great games. I just think NP is simply better this season. The inferno is always tough to win at so game might be closer than most think. 
Osceola Grace at Jimtown - OG - Why do I have a suspicion OG is going to win this one? 
Adams at Riley - RILEY - I have no clue
Clay at Hammond Central - HC - no explanation needed. 
St. Joseph at Glenn - ST. JOE - The top athletes of St. Joe will be too much for the falcons to handle. Baron might have something up his sleeve though. 

On 8/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, ASJCPUMA said:

The big match-up is Penn and Cathedral.  Even though the Irish have lost they still are one of the top teams in the state.  Penn could make a statement for 2022.

Friday, Sep. 2
Bremen at Marian, 7 pm Knights by quite a bit
Elkhart at Morton, 7:30 pmElkhart handles them fairly easy 
Cathedral at Penn, 7:30 pm Cathedral by 24+ 
Kankakee Valley at Washington, 7:30 pm KV by a lot
New Prairie at Lowell, 8 pm NP by 16
Osceola Grace at Jimtown, 7 pm Jimmies by 7
Adams at Riley, 7 pm Riley by a few
Clay at Hammond Central, 7:30 pm HC by whatever they choose 
St. Joseph at Glenn, 7 pmSt Joe by 20

Some story lines for each game.

Does Marian prove they are still going to be a force come playoff time with a shellacking of Bremen? The Lions have been on both ends of a butt kicking thus far this season, can they get back to their mid-2010 form or is Bremen going back into a recession?

Elkhart shouldn't be challenged at all this game. If their offense doesn't put up 45+ this Friday I think the Lions would be underperforming so far on that side of the ball.

Is Penn back? probably the most intriguing game in the state this week. Lots of discussion after this one no matter the outcome. 

Can Washington break the 7 point mark? Or is the West side waiting for girls basketball season to give SB something to cheer about?

NP took 2 from the red devils last year in two close games. Will Lowell challenge the cougars or is NP going to be an early clear favorite in sectional 17

A lot of hype coming from both Riley and Adams going into the season that has since been silenced; who has enough to get a win and be declared SB champions (Sorry Clay and Washington I can't imaging either one of you beating Adams or Riley).

Is this going to be the darkest day in Jimtown football the last 40 years? 

Clay oh Clay you continue to amaze me year after year, at this point it's tough to imagine Clay ever getting back to a competitive level. 

Could be a huge set back for the St. Joe program to lose this one. Does Barron have the Falcons believing enough to pull off a pretty big program win? 

Bremen needs revamping of the athletic department. It is becoming pretty stale. Need some new blood in that place.  Athletic leadership is just going through the motions, it is disappointing to see the lack of commitment for the leadership. Other places are investing into their kids, while Bremen seems stuck in place and happy with the status quo. If you speak up about it, you are labled a troublemaker and you will be ignored. They are content with the path of least resistance, and the lack of ambition is coming home to roost in a lot of areas.  

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen needs revamping of the athletic department. It is becoming pretty stale. Need some new blood in that place.  Athletic leadership is just going through the motions, it is disappointing to see the lack of commitment for the leadership. Other places are investing into their kids, while Bremen seems stuck in place and happy with the status quo. If you speak up about it, you are labled a troublemaker and you will be ignored. They are content with the path of least resistance, and the lack of ambition is coming home to roost in a lot of areas.  

That's unfortunate for the school. Bremen is a GREAT community based school with a lot of history to feed off of, I've always been envious how the high school is in the middle of town. Makes for a great atmosphere on Friday nights. The dissolving of the NSC set Bremen back a few steps; that conference was perfect for the Lions in a lot of ways (size, geography, competitiveness). Being in the NIC is tough in football (although that has changed a little with the division realignments) and EXTREMELY tough for a school like Bremen in basketball, volleyball, track, etc. You guys are kind of stuck with your conference affiliation for right now as the HNAC seems pretty happy and would be a horrible drive most of the time and the NLC would be an EXTREME long shot at this point as there are other schools that seem to be better fits if something were to open up. 

7 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Some story lines for each game.

Does Marian prove they are still going to be a force come playoff time with a shellacking of Bremen? The Lions have been on both ends of a butt kicking thus far this season, can they get back to their mid-2010 form or is Bremen going back into a recession?

Elkhart shouldn't be challenged at all this game. If their offense doesn't put up 45+ this Friday I think the Lions would be underperforming so far on that side of the ball.

Is Penn back? probably the most intriguing game in the state this week. Lots of discussion after this one no matter the outcome. 

Can Washington break the 7 point mark? Or is the West side waiting for girls basketball season to give SB something to cheer about?

NP took 2 from the red devils last year in two close games. Will Lowell challenge the cougars or is NP going to be an early clear favorite in sectional 17

A lot of hype coming from both Riley and Adams going into the season that has since been silenced; who has enough to get a win and be declared SB champions (Sorry Clay and Washington I can't imaging either one of you beating Adams or Riley).

Is this going to be the darkest day in Jimtown football the last 40 years? 

Clay oh Clay you continue to amaze me year after year, at this point it's tough to imagine Clay ever getting back to a competitive level. 

Could be a huge set back for the St. Joe program to lose this one. Does Barron have the Falcons believing enough to pull off a pretty big program win? 

I think Marian will be just fine going forward, they lost a lot of talent from last year and will get back on track soon.

Its hard to gauge Penn and Elkhart this early. I believe Penn is improved from the last few seasons but not ready to compete with the big boys yet. Elkhart is a big question mark for me, I haven’t been impressed with them since they combined but doesn’t mean they won’t put it together.

New Prairie has the skill players to compete but my question is will they use them and not feature just one. They have a lot tougher sectional than last year and could very well not make it out.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, ASJCPUMA said:

Friday, Sep. 2
Bremen at Marian, 7 pm
Elkhart at Morton, 7:30 pm
Cathedral at Penn, 7:30 pm
Kankakee Valley at Washington, 7:30 pm
New Prairie at Lowell, 8 pm
Osceola Grace at Jimtown, 7 pm
Adams at Riley, 7 pm
Clay at Hammond Central, 7:30 pm
St. Joseph at Glenn, 7 pm

Marian

Elkhart