Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Four

46 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Time for Week Four of the regular season!

Caston at Pioneer 

Knox at North Judson-San Pierre 

LaVille at Winamac

Triton at Bremen 

West Central at Culver 

Who you got this week?

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007

I think there are going to be some good games this week!  Pioneer and Laville won’t be challenged but every other game will be close!

13 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Caston at Pioneer 

LaVille at Winamac

Triton at Bremen 

West Central at Culver 

Who you got this week?

from_the_sidelines007

Panthers

Jays

Lancers

Trojans

Cavs

13 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Caston at Pioneer  Pioneer licks its wounds and rebounds big.

Knox at North Judson-San Pierre Knox wins this rivalry in the 4th.

LaVille at Winamac Laville may put up 60.

Triton at Bremen Trojans punch the Lions in the mouth with the running game. 35-13

West Central at Culver Cavs get one here.

Who you got this week?

from_the_sidelines007

Caston at Pioneer-  Caston really needs to consider the MWC. 48-6

Knox at North Judson-San Pierre- Jays first test so we'll find out a lot about them this week. Think they come out and prove they are a top team. 35-26

LaVille at Winamac- Laville cruises 52-0

Triton at Bremen-  Should be a great game. Sticking with the HNAC. 31-27

West Central at Culver -  Culver's depth doesn't hurt them in this one. 35-14 

5 hours ago, Oldschool said:

If I’m not mistaken, Triton has only beaten Bremen twice in their history!  I think they have a shot at them but wondering how the beat Mishawaka Marian last week?  Must have figured something out?!

The only way Triton wins this game is if they score early and build some confidence.  Triton loses this game most seasons before the kickoff.  It's a head game, and the Trojans don't think they can win.  Years when this game should be close on paper, it usually isn't.  Let's hope it's different this year.

5 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

The only way Triton wins this game is if they score early and build some confidence.  Triton loses this game most seasons before the kickoff.  It's a head game, and the Trojans don't think they can win.  Years when this game should be close on paper, it usually isn't.  Let's hope it's different this year.

I agree!  Something about that lower case “b” strikes fear into the Trojans.  Starting with the Senior class,we have beaten Bremen at the Jr high level I believe 4 years in a row. So Triton should be able to with the game Friday night.  But that little b might have something to say about it!

22 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Caston at Pioneer 

LaVille at Winamac

Triton at Bremen 

West Central at Culver 

Who you got this week?

from_the_sidelines007

Pioneer 42-7 

NJP 38-21

Laville 52-6

Triton 24-21

West Central 28-21

Caston (0-3) at Pioneer (1-2) - Not much to say about this game. Pioneer 35-7

Knox (2-1) at North Judson-San Pierre (3-0) - Most exciting game of the week. Both teams are averaging 53 points a game. Judson is good but Knox's offense has the ability to put 50 on you fast. I think the Skins have too much speed for the Jays defense. This game will no doubt be played tough, with a ton of aggression in a great atmosphere and I will say, I may be a little biased in the Starke County rivalry, but I honestly believe the Skins take this one. Knox 48-35. 

LaVille (3-0) at Winamac (1-2) - Laville is too much for the young Winamac team this year. I don't see Laville having many issues putting up big numbers. Laville 52-14

Triton (2-1) at Bremen (2-1)- Bremen's upset over Mishawaka Marian last week caught me by surprise, but maybe they are starting to click. Don't know much more about them. Triton should show up ready to play and looking to avenge their last meeting, but I don't know if it will be enough. I'm taking Bremen in a close one. 35-28. 

West Central (3-0) at Culver (1-2) - West Central starts the season 3-0 and Culver comes off a rough loss to Knox. Culver did some nice things in the first half against Knox before the game got away from them and I think they are the first true challenge to West Central this year. Culver 35-21. 

I am intrigued by Knox v. North Judson-San Pierre and Triton v. Bremen. 

Redskins and Jays putting up some offensive numbers. Question is will the defense step up?

Trojans are capable of putting it together. I think it will take 4 solid  quarters to beat Bremen. 

And the Lions just showed what they can do against Marian.

A quick start by Bremen could affect Triton's mental game.

from_the_sidelines007

13 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

I am intrigued by Knox v. North Judson-San Pierre and Triton v. Bremen. 

Redskins and Jays putting up some offensive numbers. Question is will the defense step up?

Trojans are capable of putting it together. I think it will take 4 solid  quarters to beat Bremen. 

And the Lions just showed what they can do against Marian.

A quick start by Bremen could affect Triton's mental game.

from_the_sidelines007

Bremen pulled out every trick in the book and got a lot of things to go their way against Marian. This Triton team is more physical and that that running attack will batter and bruise the lions. The game won’t be close, but Bremen will put a couple scores late to make it look respectable. 

30 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen pulled out every trick in the book and got a lot of things to go their way against Marian. This Triton team is more physical and that that running attack will batter and bruise the lions. The game won’t be close, but Bremen will put a couple scores late to make it look respectable. 

Every trick in the book!

Nice!

One would think that win should give Bremen confidence? Or am I wrong here?

A big win and some confidence can a long way!

from_the_sidelines007 

On 9/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Caston at Pioneer 

LaVille at Winamac

Triton at Bremen 

West Central at Culver 

Who you got this week?

from_the_sidelines007

Pioneer 40-0

Knox  36-24

LaVille 56-0

Triton 35-14

Culver 22-8

10 minutes ago, AubbeenaubbeeCav said:

NJSP has struggled with teams with speedy backs.  The Flying Jets exposed this in the semi state. McLaughlin, Roman, and Conroy bring a lot of speed that will allow them to move the ball.  If Knox can slow down Allen and limit the passing yards I think they get this one

The Flying Jets are no offense on different league then Knox on offense. Knox may have some speed true,  I just don’t see them winning verse NJP because the one offense they played that wasn’t bottom in conference they lost with both teams in the 40’s. So to think they beat NJP by two scores I just don’t see it 

9 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

The Flying Jets are no offense on different league then Knox on offense. Knox may have some speed true,  I just don’t see them winning verse NJP because the one offense they played that wasn’t bottom in conference they lost with both teams in the 40’s. So to think they beat NJP by two scores I just don’t see it 

Yeah I'm not sure what these folks are seeing, maybe they have some sort of inside scoop. lol

Excited for this game though. You're never really sure how this rivalry game will go but Liberty field will be packed Friday.

I see the Knox/NJ game being way closer than I thought it would at the beginning of the year. One key point that might go Knox's way is number of players going both ways. Idk about NJ, but Knox plays guys only one way. There might be two or three guys that go kind of one and a half, but for the most part they don't have them on both sides of the ball like NJ is going to do if I had to assume. With that being said, Knox can score and they can score fast. Almost too fast if thats possible! In the Rochester game, Rochester was able to wear the defense down because of long 10-12 play drives whereas Knox was scoring every two or three plays. So the offense was never on the field and the defense always was. Its going to be a one touchdown win for one of these teams. Knox has to get off the field on defense to win. NJ has to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball to win. Last thing I'll say is I hope NJ has been working on their two point conversion offense and defense because kicking extra points against Knox will get you beat!!!

Here's my weak attempt at some predictions...

Caston at Pioneer - Despite their 1-2 record, Pioneer is a better team than some predicted prior to game one.  This team is in the hunt for second place in the HNAC.  And since they have the other contenders at the back of their schedule, their young guns will have time to improve.  This is a game to work on execution and consistency.  No problem for Pioneer this week with a second half running clock.  Comets will get a score through the air.  Panthers 42-6

Knox at North Judson - Definitely the game of the week!  I know the Jays were highly touted entering the season.  They haven't had a chance to really prove that yet as their schedule has been very weak to this point.  Knox will tax the Jay's defense for sure!  I look for this to be a high scoring affair and a lot of fun to watch!  In the end I think Allen and Co. will be too much for the Skins.  North Judson wins a wild one at home.  Blue Jays 42-35

LaVille at Winamac - LaVille has beaten three pretty good teams in beat-down fashion!  They are impressive!  I have no idea how Coach Hostrawser is supposed to handle his games with the lower tier teams in the conference.  It'll be like putting a muzzle on the heifer when she comes to the feed trough!  Name your score, Lancers.  LaVille 63-0

Triton at Bremen - On paper this should be a good game, but I have my doubts.  Triton doesn't know how to beat Bremen, simple as that.  If there's a year that the Trojans should compete with the Lions, this is definitely it!  If Triton can get on the board first, they'll have a shot.  But if Bremen gets off to a strong start, the Trojans will fade.  I think Schuh will have another good game with 150-170 yards.  And the passing game looked much better last week.  Still, I just don't think Triton has the mental toughness to win this one.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm taking the Lions.  Bremen 28-21

West Central at Culver - Could it be that West Central is actually pretty good this year?  It's been a few years, but these Trojans have had some good seasons!  I think this could be a good game!  I expect the Cavs to pound out yards on the ground and put up points.  But will they slow down the Trojans who are scoring at a pretty good clip.  Ultimately, West Central's opponents so far haven't prepared them for a physical team like Culver.  Cavaliers 33-21

34 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

This Bremen team is not physical at all. Schuh is a beast of a different breed, and will pummel Bremen. There won’t be a mental block, but a physical pounding by Triton. 

Any running back is only as good as his offensive lineman!  Triton has 4 Seniors and a Junior who love to pummel you!  Pretty good combination!

• Sad 1