Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

812FB Top 20 - Week 6

The 812FB Top 20 rankings is my opinion and based off not only the eye test but the averages of Sagarin, Calpreps and Massey ranking systems.

1. East Central
  2. Evansville Reitz
  3. Bloomington South
  4. Gibson Southern
  5. Linton-Stockton
  6. Castle
  7. Columbus North
  8. Vincennes
  9. Lawrenceburg
  10. Evansville Memorial
  11. Owen Valley
  12. Evansville North
  13. Evansville Mater Dei
  14. Terre Haute South
  15. Southridge
  16. Columbus East
  17. Northview
  18. South Dearborn
  19. North Decatur
  20. Jasper

HM: Bloomington North, Boonville, Sullivan, North Posey, Heritage Hills

Week 6 Top 20 & HM Matchups
#1 East Central at #18 South Dearborn
#6 Castle at #2 Evansville Reitz
#4 Gibson Southern at Heritage Hills
#13 Evansville Mater Dei at #12 Evansville North
#11 Owen Valley at Sullivan
#17 Northview at #14 Terre Haute South

21 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Not sold on Lawrenceburg being rated above Memorial.

Amazed at the fall of Columbus East.....

Part of these rankings is recent performance.  CE was unranked last week I think but now moving up with the W

Memorial was held back the first 2 weeks with losses due to not having all of their guys. 

I think this is a list that is expected to change over time more than other rankings and it’s probably more suited towards gauging momentum.

Linton is 5th but it would be a tall task for them to beat most of these teams I think.  They could get it done still but I don’t think we can look at it as like “well _____ is ranked higher so they would win” 

52 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Part of these rankings is recent performance.  CE was unranked last week I think but now moving up with the W

Memorial was held back the first 2 weeks with losses due to not having all of their guys. 

I think this is a list that is expected to change over time more than other rankings and it’s probably more suited towards gauging momentum.

Linton is 5th but it would be a tall task for them to beat most of these teams I think.  They could get it done still but I don’t think we can look at it as like “well _____ is ranked higher so they would win” 

Agree with your points.

And I was talking about the fall from maybe the best program in Southern Indiana to where CE is now, not a week to week status.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Agree with your points.

And I was talking about the fall from maybe the best program in Southern Indiana to where CE is now, not a week to week status.

Yeah I feel like CE is trying to recapture some of that momentum they had in the previous 15+ years.  

Just 1 really off season last year and now it seems like they are on their heels a bit but still fighting to regain control.  

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I'll bet on Seabiscuit (Linton) but only by one length

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yeah I feel like CE is trying to recapture some of that momentum they had in the previous 15+ years.  

Just 1 really off season last year and now it seems like they are on their heels a bit but still fighting to regain control.  

CE this year is much much better than last year. CE has played one bad half of football this year and that was against Columbus North in the 2nd half. East against Whiteland (arguably the best team in 5A) led at half 10-6. Entering the 4th quarter, it was 14-10 Whiteland. As for the North game, East was down 10-6 at the half, before absolutely falling apart for one of the worst halves of football I had seen in a long time. They are def improving each week, and that's all you can ask for. East lost 32 seniors the year Gaddis retired, so last year was a fresh start for Coach Vogel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

CE this year is much much better than last year. CE has played one bad half of football this year and that was against Columbus North in the 2nd half. East against Whiteland (arguably the best team in 5A) led at half 10-6. Entering the 4th quarter, it was 14-10 Whiteland. As for the North game, East was down 10-6 at the half, before absolutely falling apart for one of the worst halves of football I had seen in a long time. They are def improving each week, and that's all you can ask for. East lost 32 seniors the year Gaddis retired, so last year was a fresh start for Coach Vogel.

I wasn’t even aware there was a coaching change.  This would make more sense

new era…some changes. Program needs a year to adjust but everything is still in place to be Uber successful.

side note

im glad GS played Whiteland as a covid game in 2020 last minute schedule…because since then I don’t know if I want GS playing them 😂

I believe it was a loss in 2020 and Whiteland has only improved 

39 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I wasn’t even aware there was a coaching change.  This would make more sense

new era…some changes. Program needs a year to adjust but everything is still in place to be Uber successful.

side note

im glad GS played Whiteland as a covid game in 2020 last minute schedule…because since then I don’t know if I want GS playing them 😂

I believe it was a loss in 2020 and Whiteland has only improved 

I thought I would add that for those that are unaware of it, Columbus North also has a new coach in Logan Haston who replaced Tim Bless this season after he retired. There are still two other Bless brothers coaching in Indiana high school football with Mark Bless (the oldest brother) at Avon and Scott Bless at Bloomington North. Tyler Bless, the son of Mark, will take over as the head coach of Plainfield in 2023. Tyler joined the staff of Brian Woodard, the Plainfield head coach, this season and will take over when Woodard retires at the end of this season.