Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli's Killer Schedule to Close Out Regular Season

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

So this forum does have a "Quote" button. Please enlightens us where I said Roncalli should come out "slinging ball". I will wait.

You said it was "quite evident they don't have one" and now you've back tracked to "just wondering if Roncalli has a weakness."

Progress.

20 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Fair enough.

May not win it this year, but I think they are much more suited this go around as opposed to the last cycle. CHS had some phenomenal top end talent in 15 and 16 (Bortenschlager, Werner, Stepp) but not nearly as deep as they are this year. 

Wasn't Ekiyor on the 2016 team?  I appreciate he may have been an underclassman, but obviously given his Alabama career, pretty special.  Also, I believe there was a safety that went to Boston College out of high school.  Forgetting his name.

Maryland, Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Boston College recruits.....that is some pretty dang impressive talent.  If this team has more, that is saying something.

21 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Wasn't Ekiyor on the 2016 team?  I appreciate he may have been an underclassman, but obviously given his Alabama career, pretty special.  Also, I believe there was a safety that went to Boston College out of high school.  Forgetting his name.

Maryland, Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Boston College recruits.....that is some pretty dang impressive talent.  If this team has more, that is saying something.

Ekiyor and Stepp were sophomores on the 2015 team that lost to Avon and Werner and Stewart (BC commit) were juniors. QB Max Bortenschlager was a senior.

2016 team was loaded but oft hurt. Stepp tore his hamstring on his first carry from scrimmage that year and came back for the playoffs but only played when the offense was in the red zone. Stewart had a pretty significant leg injury as well.

Those teams in 2015 and 2016 had some great top end talent but didn't have near the depth suited for a 6A run like Cathedral has enjoyed the last few years. Cathedral has some studs at the top this year (not quite as deep as those teams) but they are in a much better position to make a run this year given this team is much deeper across the board. 

52 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Ekiyor and Stepp were sophomores on the 2015 team that lost to Avon and Werner and Stewart (BC commit) were juniors. QB Max Bortenschlager was a senior.

2016 team was loaded but oft hurt. Stepp tore his hamstring on his first carry from scrimmage that year and came back for the playoffs but only played when the offense was in the red zone. Stewart had a pretty significant leg injury as well.

Those teams in 2015 and 2016 had some great top end talent but didn't have near the depth suited for a 6A run like Cathedral has enjoyed the last few years. Cathedral has some studs at the top this year (not quite as deep as those teams) but they are in a much better position to make a run this year given this team is much deeper across the board. 

Gotcha...depth does matter.....

The Cathedral vs CG game in 2016 was a shootout.  I don't believe Stepp played, but Werner (all over the field), Stewart and others played.  44-41 CG with Yeast having 5 TD's I believe.  Cathedral also had a receiver (forgetting his name) that I believe went to Western Michigan.  He had a huge game that night....

Been some incredible games in that series and glad it will continue for years to come.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

You said it was "quite evident they don't have one" and now you've back tracked to "just wondering if Roncalli has a weakness."

Progress.

So let's back track a bit and recap. I am responding on a discussion forum. Makes sense. I respond to your rankings and I have been consistent across the board about other similar rankings from last week that Roncalli is ranked too low. I then present my reasons why. I was told I was rambling. Okay that's fair they were long. I can admit that.

I was also told I was "outraged". Please provide where I was outraged. I was told I was nitpicking. Aren't we all at some point, particularly with rankings? Isn't that the point and shouldn't the author be aware that nitpicking is about to come their way?

But then it gets to a personal attack which to me is a sure sign someone is either offended or triggered (your words not mine) or telling me I won the argument. Personal attacks during civil discussion in a discussion forum when they weren't warranted in the first place seems out of place and uncalled for. Especially when the personal attack wasn't provoked.

I already apologized for anything you may have taken personal from my posts. Please point out where I did offend you. But if it is because they were long, well then I don't know what to tell you. I am trying to keep it brief. This one not so much.

But here was the personal attack, "I’m just glad we put the “other reasons” why your family switched schools to bed." What purpose did it serve your argument about Roncalli to bring this up?

”Who wants to work on just one part of their offense?” This was a valid question, but you thought attacking me personally was a better answer to this question.

”I have nothing but love for the kids but animosity for the coaching staff.” And what is so hard to understand about this statement and what does this have to do with Roncalli once again.

6 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

So let's back track a bit and recap. I am responding on a discussion forum. Makes sense. I respond to your rankings and I have been consistent across the board about other similar rankings from last week that Roncalli is ranked too low. I then present my reasons why. I was told I was rambling. Okay that's fair they were long. I can admit that.

I was also told I was "outraged". Please provide where I was outraged. I was told I was nitpicking. Aren't we all at some point, particularly with rankings? Isn't that the point and shouldn't the author be aware that nitpicking is about to come their way?

But then it gets to a personal attack which to me is a sure sign someone is either offended or triggered (your words not mine) or telling me I won the argument. Personal attacks during civil discussion in a discussion forum when they weren't warranted in the first place seems out of place and uncalled for. Especially when the personal attack wasn't provoked.

I already apologized for anything you may have taken personal from my posts. Please point out where I did offend you. But if it is because they were long, well then I don't know what to tell you. I am trying to keep it brief. This one not so much.

But here was the personal attack, "I’m just glad we put the “other reasons” why your family switched schools to bed." What purpose did it serve your argument about Roncalli to bring this up?

”Who wants to work on just one part of their offense?” This was a valid question, but you thought attacking me personally was a better answer to this question.

”I have nothing but love for the kids but animosity for the coaching staff.” And what is so hard to understand about this statement and what does this have to do with Roncalli once again.

Never offended my man.  Just calling out hypocrisy when I see it.

So is Roncalli too low BECAUSE they don't have a passing game?  I don't get it.

Outraged was probably the wrong term on my part.  I mistook your passion for outrage due to the length of your posts which are often cyclical in nature.  One moment you are nitpicking every aspect of the rankings, the next you post your own rankings which are eerily similar and the third the rankings don't matter.  Which is it?

Also, sorry for the personal "attack".  I just realized how it might be easy to connect some of the dots on your prior posts after reading the tea leaves on your most recent ones.  I understand its a personal issue and no one on here needs to know or is privy to knowing, but you were extremely vague about your family's decision to transfer and then in the posts following that vagueness, you speak negatively about the coaching staff at your family's former school.

I am ready to move on and do apologize for the way I have come across.  We are all here for the same reason.  We love the sport and are passionate.  But at the end of the day, we are all human and its just a game played by kids.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

So is Roncalli too low BECAUSE they don't have a passing game?  I don't get it.

Roncalli is too low compared to the schools ahead of them and the win got against a team that beat a team that beat both CG and Carmel. And they didn't just barely beat them. This was on a different thread than discussing Roncalli's passing game. Which is an apparent weakness in terms of the last 7 weeks and their offensive strategy and passing offensive stats. How do you argue that or see that as a contradiction? Every team has a weakness, even the number one team and I never brought up their weakness in your "Rankings" post. SMH

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Outraged was probably the wrong term on my part.  I mistook your passion for outrage due to the length of your posts which are often cyclical in nature.  One moment you are nitpicking every aspect of the rankings, the next you post your own rankings which are eerily similar and the third the rankings don't matter.  Which is it?

Can I ask you a question? What is the difference between nitpicking one thing about your rankings? I simply argued Roncalli was too low and gave, admittedly, my evidence for them needing to be ranked higher. I didn't even come close to nitpicking every aspect of your rankings which was clearly evident because I was arguing more less one aspect of it which is evident in the rankings I posted which largely agree in other parts of your rankings. Do my rankings have to be completely different simply because I disagree about where you had Roncalli? That makes no sense.

And rankings don't ultimately matter. They are fun to see what others think and to discuss. I'd assume you'd agree since you posted your own rankings.  

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

Also, sorry for the personal "attack".  I just realized how it might be easy to connect some of the dots on your prior posts after reading the tea leaves on your most recent ones.  I understand its a personal issue and no one on here needs to know or is privy to knowing, but you were extremely vague about your family's decision to transfer and then in the posts following that vagueness, you speak negatively about the coaching staff at your family's former school.

I get the vagueness, but I was alluding to having actual experience with the situation. Some stated that one of the kids, not mine, "bailed" on WC. They did not. And without specifically stating what that was and what that kid and my kid both experienced in the classroom which led to them transferring I figured I needed to at least say something in defense for that kid. And the coaching staff is a mess and the HC has already said that more or less in interviews. But I also care for the kids on the team at Warren and through all of this, plus the transfer have tried not to air dirty laundry in the hopes that the HC would get things turned around. I am still hoping for that.

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

I am ready to move on and do apologize for the way I have come across.  We are all here for the same reason.  We love the sport and are passionate.  But at the end of the day, we are all human and its just a game played by kids.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to say that. I believe we both do love the sport. I also know that it is easy to misunderstand things in writing. I get it. It is a fun game and it is fun to discuss. It is even more fun to see our teams and our kids succeed as well as other kids in the area and state. I do actually agree with most of your comments and your rankings. But I will try have more brevity than length.

51 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

Can I ask you a question? What is the difference between nitpicking one thing about your rankings? I simply argued Roncalli was too low and gave, admittedly, my evidence for them needing to be ranked higher. I didn't even come close to nitpicking every aspect of your rankings which was clearly evident because I was arguing more less one aspect of it which is evident in the rankings I posted which largely agree in other parts of your rankings. Do my rankings have to be completely different simply because I disagree about where you had Roncalli? That makes no sense.

And rankings don't ultimately matter. They are fun to see what others think and to discuss. I'd assume you'd agree since you posted your own rankings.  

This has become an exercise in futility.  It's run its course.  Good luck to New Pal.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, Footballking16 said:

Both New Pal and Roncalli can beat any team in the state on any given night. However, to date, neither have anywhere close to the resume that Brownsburg does. New Pal has one “good” win and that’s against a 4-3 Westfield team. Roncalli got their first good win of the year last night. Beat Elder next week and then Roncalli belongs in the conversation of best team in the state.

23 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’ve seen both teams, I hope they get to see each other in the regional, as a football fan, this game will be a fun one. 

I don't know if you ever watch the IndyStar's Prep Weekly with Brian Haenchen, Akeem Glaspie and Kyle Neddenriep, but Brian asked who the other two were anxious to see play Roncalli next after they play Elder and Kyle quickly said New Pal. I think a lot of people are hoping to see that game. I know I am. I probably won't have any finger nails by the end of the game that is for sure! LOL

https://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/high-school/2022/10/05/indystars-preps-weekly-week-8-ihsaa-football-preview/8188475001/

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

I think a lot of people are hoping to see that game. I know I am. I probably won't have any finger nails by the end of the game that is for sure! LOL

I agree, this is one of those games that I think everyone has had circled almost all year.  Hope it lives up to the hype!  I may have to go see this one in person, even if my Trojans are still in the playoffs at that point.

28 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

I agree, this is one of those games that I think everyone has had circled almost all year.  Hope it lives up to the hype!  I may have to go see this one in person, even if my Trojans are still in the playoffs at that point.

Now that is anticipation right there! Maybe just catch it on IHSAATV app so you can cheer on Chatard in person. LOL I do hope it lives up to the hype or New Pal just puts a whooping on them and not the other way around.