Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 30 Vincennes Lincoln (4-5) at Gibson Southern (9-0)

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

The Stats you posted got stuck in my quoted post, but with a Dual threat QB, a very good RB, and 4 250+ yard receivers. Vincennes’ Defense will need to be on lock down mode tonight, if they want a chance 

oops.

image.thumb.png.5c7067c898300ffcb54d96b5a30b883c.png

image.thumb.png.7569338d0e1ea24efbeee2eb6b6fd67d.png

37 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

oops.

image.thumb.png.5c7067c898300ffcb54d96b5a30b883c.png

image.thumb.png.7569338d0e1ea24efbeee2eb6b6fd67d.png

4.....count em, 4, 250+ yard receivers. That's a little less than 30 yards a game if my math is right. If they were everything you're saying they are, they would've had more than half that against Washington and Princeton. 

11 minutes ago, TheMole said:

4.....count em, 4, 250+ yard receivers. That's a little less than 30 yards a game if my math is right. If they were everything you're saying they are, they would've had more than half that against Washington and Princeton. 

Who are you talking to....me...or the Memorial guy?  I didn't say anybody was anything.  My guess is the Vincennes staff knows exactly who they need to worry about.  

9 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Who are you talking to....me...or the Memorial guy?  I didn't say anybody was anything.  My guess is the Vincennes staff knows exactly who they need to worry about.  

Nobody in particular...its just 30 yards a game doesn't seem like much....I could be wrong 🤷

4 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Nobody in particular...its just 30 yards a game doesn't seem like much....I could be wrong 🤷

GS has very capable receivers...but GS has been a little more run heavy this season and we spread the ball all over the place.  

3 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Even if they are 30 yards, they can also be important in a game, I think it’s just how you interpret it in my opinion. Playoff time, every yard matters, that is the way I see it. But we shall see if GS will pass the ball more tonight or continue running the game, either way, it should be a fun game

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Nah.  

even when Rory was catching 10+ catches for 200 yards and a few TDs from Brady….even then games against struggling teams were almost never big passing nights. 

and actually…Tanner Boyd was 10/11 for 232 yards and 4tds against Washington…..the average with Brady in the previous 3 matchups (2018, 2020, & 2021), GS averaged 175 yards passing and 4 TDs against Washington. 

if you want to see big passing games it’s gotta be more of a battle…or teams need to figure out how to stop the GS rushing attack

1 hour ago, TheMole said:

It's also worth mention the only only pass defense worse in the SIAC based on yards allowed than Central is VL...and it's close.  

5 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Yeah, it could mean that or it could be a despicable act that is intended to be degrading.  🤷‍♂️

I always have to ask my son what these things mean....in context, I got a pretty good idea on this one.

I thought this game would be close, after this, it may be a blow out.  Pun intended?

Yeah, I'm fairly confident I can get this one without consulting the urban dictionary. 

Anytime I ask my son something like that I usually get, "If you needed to know, you'd already know." Brutal.

I like a good pun now and again. Nice JOB. Usually only get them for my birthday anymore...

2 minutes ago, tango said:

Not bad for SIAC's 7th place team, eh?

I can definitely tell why they gave everyone in the SIAC trouble this year.  Big play after big play from them. Hunt with a massive game with his ability to continually extend plays and not take a sack. 

Final box score 5E6A50CC-0585-4EB7-A787-BAE24C8615DF.thumb.jpeg.5eccf86b4dc060411fd885d7c9982648.jpeg

2BFABBB9-DA9C-4BAB-AF8C-FA4EC43BD1CF.thumb.jpeg.023cea047b9e8add334af46dfdfb1844.jpeg

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

I can definitely tell why they gave everyone in the SIAC trouble this year.  Big play after big play from them. Hunt with a massive game with his ability to continually extend plays and not take a sack. 

Slippery. I am surprised GS D gave up that many points. That's similar to what Central, Bosse and Harrison did. 

• Haha 1

Special teams the difference tonight. Lincoln had a bad snap that resulted in a safety and gave up 2 kickoff returns for TD.

Both offenses incredible. Xander Hunt with the game of his life so far. Looking forward to his senior season 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Special teams the difference tonight. Lincoln had a bad snap that resulted in a safety and gave up 2 kickoff returns for TD.

Both offenses incredible. Xander Hunt with the game of his life so far. Looking forward to his senior season 

GS was also able to make the most of their punts.  Special teams came up huge today for GS. 

Hunt is only a junior 👀👀 

Hats off to VL though.  Y’all were way better than the 4-6 record and went toe to toe with a top 5 team in 2A, 3A, and 4A this year

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

GS was also able to make the most of their punts.  Special teams came up huge today for GS. 

Hunt is only a junior 👀👀 

Hats off to VL though.  Y’all were way better than the 4-6 record and went toe to toe with a top 5 team in 2A, 3A, and 4A this year

They also return a lot of players back too, don’t know about Offense, but 8 starters back for the Defense 

23 minutes ago, tango said:

Slippery. I am surprised GS D gave up that many points. That's similar to what Central, Bosse and Harrison did. 

And the GS offense but more on them than anyone in the SIAC could.  Damn anemic SIAC offensive play.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

And the GS offense but more on them than anyone in the SIAC could.  Damn anemic SIAC offensive play.

LOL. Better defenses. You guys can now coast to Sectional title. I hear they had almost 600 yds.?

Edited by tango