• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Big Ten Rankings After Week #7

temptation

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Seems like Illinois is too low in these rankings 

Can’t let that IU loss go just yet.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

You gotta remember it's just a Michigan fan doing the deciding.

Yep, finally put em #1 for the first time too…

😉

Edited by temptation

37 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not too full of pride to admit when I’m wrong.

Michigan is definitely a top 5 team in the country after the beatdown they gave Penn State 

can’t recall who the debate was with….but you were right 😂

Crazy thing about the Michigan and PSU game is that PSU somehow lead 17-16 almost midway through the 3rd quarter. Penn State had 1 first down in the first half (on a QB keeper that went 60+ yards for a TD) and scored a 2nd TD on a tipped pick 6. The 41-17 final score doesn't do UM's domination justice. I think OSU and UM are both top 5 teams in the country and honestly just behind Georgia. UM should be able to run the ball at will on a team like Tennessee or Alabama, just a matter of getting enough stops.

This may be the year the B10 gets two teams in. 

47 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Crazy thing about the Michigan and PSU game is that PSU somehow lead 17-16 almost midway through the 3rd quarter. Penn State had 1 first down in the first half (on a QB keeper that went 60+ yards for a TD) and scored a 2nd TD on a tipped pick 6. The 41-17 final score doesn't do UM's domination justice. I think OSU and UM are both top 5 teams in the country and honestly just behind Georgia. UM should be able to run the ball at will on a team like Tennessee or Alabama, just a matter of getting enough stops.

This may be the year the B10 gets two teams in. 

Slightly inaccurate but I will let it slide.

Hope you are right but I just don’t see it. The loser in Columbus goes to Pasadena.

Edited by temptation

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Hope you are right but I just don’t see it. The loser in Columbus goes to Pasadena.

It'll get muddied if UGA beats Tennessee and then loses to Bama in the SEC championship but still think this is the best shot the B10 will have getting 2 teams in until the CFB playoff expands. 

17 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

It'll get muddied if UGA beats Tennessee and then loses to Bama in the SEC championship but still think this is the best shot the B10 will have getting 2 teams in until the CFB playoff expands. 

Even if OSU beats Michigan by 21+ and drops 50 as you claimed this summer?

How you feeling about that game currently?

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Even if OSU beats Michigan by 21+ and drops 50 as you claimed this summer?

How you feeling about that game currently?

Still think OSU is going to have the best player on the field by a wide margin and that will account for something. Not as confident as I was 3 months ago as UM is running the ball well, but UM is going to have to put up points in a hurry to keep up the pace with the Buckeyes. 

Much like 6A has been this year, I do think there are 5-6 teams who could ultimately win it all. Unfortunately only 4 teams will make it. SEC and B10 winner are locks in my opinion and I don't see Clemson losing a game either. USC losing Saturday opens the door for some one loss teams. I think a 1 loss UM team belongs in the conversation with a 1 loss UGA or Tennessee team. Season is now just getting started, a lot of football left. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Still think OSU is going to have the best player on the field by a wide margin and that will account for something. Not as confident as I was 3 months ago as UM is running the ball well, but UM is going to have to put up points in a hurry to keep up the pace with the Buckeyes. 

Much like 6A has been this year, I do think there are 5-6 teams who could ultimately win it all. Unfortunately only 4 teams will make it. SEC and B10 winner are locks in my opinion and I don't see Clemson losing a game either. USC losing Saturday opens the door for some one loss teams. I think a 1 loss UM team belongs in the conversation with a 1 loss UGA or Tennessee team. Season is now just getting started, a lot of football left. 

Here's how I personally see it playing out.

UGa wins out (beats Bama in SEC championship game) and is the #1 seed at 13-0.

OSU wins out and is the #2 seed

Clemson wins out and is the #3 seed

4th seed will come down to a 1 loss Tennessee, 1 loss Michigan, and perhaps a 1 loss USC. I guess Ole Miss could play spoiler and is still one of the few teams who control their own destiny but I don't see it playing out that way

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Still giving me 21?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Thought we had 20.5 as of a few weeks ago? Don't you keep the receipts?

Left the receipt in my pocket and washed my shorts.

20.5 it is.

Not calling a confident win by Michigan by any means but if I were a Buckeye fan and watched that game Saturday against PSU, I’d be sleeping with one eye open going forward.

I’m not convinced OSU’s defense is “fixed” and Michigan ran through Penn State like a hot knife through butter.

Stroud can’t throw for 400 if he’s on the sideline for 40+ minutes of game action…and the running game travels.

UM has the best OL in the country…again.

And perhaps most importantly?  They now EXPECT to win this game.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Left the receipt in my pocket and washed my shorts.

20.5 it is.

Not calling a confident win by Michigan by any means but if I were a Buckeye fan and watched that game Saturday against PSU, I’d be sleeping with one eye open going forward.

I’m not convinced OSU’s defense is “fixed” and Michigan ran through Penn State like a hot knife through butter.

Stroud can’t throw for 400 if he’s on the sideline for 40+ minutes of game action…and the running game travels.

UM has the best OL in the country…again.

And perhaps most importantly?  They now EXPECT to win this game.

It's not a number I look forward to laying but hey I made the bet.

Michigan still hasn't (and won't) played a team that has the capability of scoring on every drive and won't until the play Ohio State. Recipe for beating Ohio State was laid out last year, not sure it will be replicated this year. UM will be in trouble if they get down multiple scores early. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Michigan still hasn't (and won't) played a team that has the capability of scoring on every drive and won't until the play Ohio State. Recipe for beating Ohio State was laid out last year, not sure it will be replicated this year. UM will be in trouble if they get down multiple scores early. 

True statements all around.

17 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Back to this topic, has/will OSU played/play a team capable of scoring on every drive?

Michigan DID NOT PUNT on Saturday…

Now obviously they can’t settle for FGs in the red zone against OSU like they did Penn State but all I heard all last week (including from the great Urban Meyer on the pregame set) was that PSU was going to shut down (or at least slow down) Michigan’s running game.

They ran for 418 yards…Penn State had given up 399 TOTAL rushing yards in their five games coming in.

Are you convinced OSU’s front 7 is better than Penn State’s?

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Back to this topic, has/will OSU played/play a team capable of scoring on every drive?

Michigan DID NOT PUNT on Saturday…

Now obviously they can’t settle for FGs in the red zone against OSU like they did Penn State but all I heard all last week (including from the great Urban Meyer on the pregame set) was that PSU was going to shut down (or at least slow down) Michigan’s running game.

They ran for 418 yards…Penn State had given up 399 TOTAL rushing yards in their five games coming in.

Are you convinced OSU’s front 7 is better than Penn State’s?

I think OSU defense is much improved and with their offensive firepower it takes a ton of pressure off the defense, which isn't the case for a team like Penn State who is hamstrung by pedestrian QB play and lack of playmakers out on the perimeter. 

I'm not looking forward to laying nearly 3 TDs but I do think this is a game that could potentially get away from Michigan if things go south early. Michigan looked unstoppable Saturday but it still took almost 3 quarters to really run away from Penn State who had no business being in that game yet somehow were. Michigan also didn't look that great against Indiana and Maryland until they pulled away late.

I think last years revenge factor will play a bigger role than you want to believe.

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think OSU defense is much improved and with their offensive firepower it takes a ton of pressure off the defense, which isn't the case for a team like Penn State who is hamstrung by pedestrian QB play and lack of playmakers out on the perimeter. 

I'm not looking forward to laying nearly 3 TDs but I do think this is a game that could potentially get away from Michigan if things go south early. Michigan looked unstoppable Saturday but it still took almost 3 quarters to really run away from Penn State who had no business being in that game yet somehow were. Michigan also didn't look that great against Indiana and Maryland until they pulled away late.

I think last years revenge factor will play a bigger role than you want to believe.

1.  What makes you think their D is better than last year?  Knowles?  They still haven’t played a competent offense (sorry Notre Dame fans).

2.  Can the case be made that Penn State is light years better than ND and Indiana could play with ND?  If so, remind me who was in control of the ND/OSU game for 3 quarters?  Can’t pick and choose.

3.  A running game travels better than a passing game in the unpredictable Midwest in late November.  Stroud, Harrison, JSN, etc are absolute studs but if weather is a factor (likely) and Michigan can run the ball and keep the OSU offense on the sideline, I love their chances.

4.  Revenge is such a dumb metric to cite when predicting a sporting event.  Is OSU suddenly going to play harder because they lost last year?  Come on.  If so, I had been waiting on “revenge” for over a decade prior to last season.

5.  The Vegas line has dropped from -14 (preseason) to -8.5 (currently).

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

1.  What makes you think their D is better than last year?  Knowles?  They still haven’t played a competent offense (sorry Notre Dame fans).

2.  Can the case be made that Penn State is light years better than ND and Indiana could play with ND?  If so, remind me who was in control of the ND/OSU game for 3 quarters?  Can’t pick and choose.

3.  A running game travels better than a passing game in the unpredictable Midwest in late November.  Stroud, Harrison, JSN, etc are absolute studs but if weather is a factor (likely) and Michigan can run the ball and keep the OSU offense on the sideline, I love their chances.

4.  Revenge is such a dumb metric to cite when predicting a sporting event.  Is OSU suddenly going to play harder because they lost last year?  Come on.  If so, I had been waiting on “revenge” for over a decade prior to last season.

5.  The Vegas line has dropped from -14 (preseason) to -8.5 (currently).

1. Eye test. They look like a better, more cohesive unit than last year.

2. You can make that case. But Michigan has struggled to put away teams. Ohio State struggled for 2 quarters in their first game of the year, they've been ho hum ever since.

3. Agree but this game has always been played Thanksgiving weekend and it hasn't stopped OSU in the past from putting a hurt on the Wolverines

4. It's not a quantifiable metric I agree, but there's little doubt in my mind Ohio State won't run it up if given the chance considering how last year played out.

5. Like I said, not looking forward to laying such a big number.  

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

1. Eye test. They look like a better, more cohesive unit than last year.

2. You can make that case. But Michigan has struggled to put away teams. Ohio State struggled for 2 quarters in their first game of the year, they've been ho hum ever since.

3. Agree but this game has always been played Thanksgiving weekend and it hasn't stopped OSU in the past from putting a hurt on the Wolverines

4. It's not a quantifiable metric I agree, but there's little doubt in my mind Ohio State won't run it up if given the chance considering how last year played out.

5. Like I said, not looking forward to laying such a big number.  

3.  Michigan hasn’t had enough talent to compete with Ohio State in the recent past.  They still aren’t on par but a helluva lot closer than they’ve been in some time.

Hoping Ryan Day forgets he has talented running backs again…

4.  It’s a rivalry game.  I’d expect nothing less.  These two teams are competing for similar recruits.  Running up the score against your rival sells in living rooms of high school kids who may be on the fence.